New World

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This game needs like few more years on the stove IMO. These devs clearly dont have a vision and it shows. Part survival, part PvE, part PvP and all of them suck and boring right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This game needs like few more years on the stove IMO. These devs clearly dont have a vision and it shows. Part survival, part PvE, part PvP and all of them suck and boring right now.

Yeah, you're right. Pick one. Flesh it out. Move onto the next. They don't even have the basic MMO shit down.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
But I gotta say its good of them to actually let people in and play it, stream it, under no NDA type bullshit, hiding the crap until release. They get Kudos from me for doing that.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
But I gotta say its good of them to actually let people in and play it, stream it, under no NDA type bullshit, hiding the crap until release. They get Kudos from me for doing that.
Kind of gives me a tiny hint of hope they're open to actually listening to player feedback, maybe. Probanly not. Oh well.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I made to 14 or 15 last night before giving up because of the horrible mob density and slow spawn rate.

The game has many shortcomings, but I see some potential if they can fix a lot of stuff until spring.

I enjoy the survival and crafting aspect, I like the skill tree being tied to weapon, and having to level up each weapon.

The combat itself is lackluster, too few abilities, as far as I've seen very little synergy between abilities, and the cooldowns are way too long. Never thought I'd be the one complaining about the lack of buttons to push, since I prefer few abilities like GW2 to 3-4 hotbars like FF14/WoW.

While the environment are pretty decent, the character models are bad for a 2020 game.

I haven't pre-ordered it, I got in from Alpha, and do not plan to pre-order at this time. That said, I saw some potential and if they managed to improve some stuff, I can see easily see myself play this for a month or so.

Right now it's hard to enjoy because as I've said the low mob density and slow respawn makes everything way more frustrating than it should be.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I honestly don't think they're trying to get players in to test a game. Which, I think is why three things are happening:
  • Most players feel like there isn't a full game here
  • For the most part, nothing is broken
  • Amazon is aware of the first two and there's still no NDA
It feels like this whole thing is there to show other studios they have an engine to leverage. Which is a pretty good sales pitch. Just my two cents.

I mean, I don't think they never intend to sell a game, but I don't think it's their number one priority.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I honestly don't think they're trying to get players in to test a game. Which, I think is why three things are happening:
  • Most players feel like there isn't a full game here
  • For the most part, nothing is broken
  • Amazon is aware of the first two and there's still no NDA
It feels like this whole thing is there to show other studios they have an engine to leverage. Which is a pretty good sales pitch. Just my two cents.

I mean, I don't think they never intend to sell a game, but I don't think it's their number one priority.
Not sure their engine is all that good, their artists certainly are not, haha.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I played for about an hour and didn't find any hook that made me want to continue playing. I just kept wanting to close it and open up Guild Wars 2. The intro cinematic was bland and boring. The combat seemed alright but judging from feedback here it doesn't have much depth. The crafting/gathering seemed kind of neat, but I can't imagine it's much better than standard survival game fare.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm about to hit lvl30, without the pvp delivery stuff or the massive aoe teams, and I'm having enough fun to keep playing. Yet, for me, playing a game like this is just about exploration / progression. The combat is serviceable to do that, but as stated before, it needs work. If they can make some QoL changes to control mechanics to make it a smoother experience for me, I'll play it for a month or so for sure.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Its delayed to spring for a reason. They have a pretty stable working title atm. Needs more content, and odd and ends. Reserving final judgement until next year when it launches.

Kudos to Amazon for no NDA and allowing the world to see it in this state.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

This has been a rumor going around for a long long time. Its starting to really seem like its true.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
hmm nope, crashes after a minute like clockwork

I'd at least narrow it down for them if I could attach a damn debugger

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The respawn in the stress test, at the beginning of the month, was the opposite of what yall are seeing, and it was also frustrating. Trash out in the world was anywhere from 10 seconds to 1 minute and the 1 boss I found was ~3 min (the boss area was a powerlevel spot, and dropped equal to or better than any crafted gear, for the level).

This meant, you would keep getting hit with respawns when trying to clear to a quest objective and if that objective had high health, you would get respawned on, and killed. You could maybe loot that chest, as long as you killed the 3 mobs guarding it at the same time, and you had no chance to skin more than one mob, before the pack respawned.

It could be exploitable, as I found one Elk, that was on a 10 second cooldown. I would two shot it, as it spawned in, before it had a chance to move, skin it, and as soon as I was done skinning, it would respawn, and start the loop all over.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Spawns are the same. Respawns are somewhat dynamic and are increased in the "outdoor dungeon" areas.

People are still AE farming those high lvl items from 2minute rare spawns while AEing 20 mobs inbetween. Respawns in this game are some of the fastest I've seen and the fact you only need to tag a mob for credit and full exp is insane. People just need to use ranged weapons in more competitive areas.

keloorasp

<Banned>
hello i am kelogic and i am from Poland.

i found this website because i can't solve my problem with javascript

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Ladro

Anomaly
Made it to 24, game is repetitive as hell and all the quests are basically copy paste run somewhere, get something, run back, get another quest for the same location to do the same thing. Engine isn't terrible, environment looks pretty good at high settings. Haven't had any real game breaking types of issues I've seen in other launches/previews so from the systems/infrastructure side they did a pretty good job there.

Heard that this was supposed to be a PVP only game and then the game director got shit canned and replaced by someone who knows nothing about MMO game design. Blame him for the PVE content apparently. Amazon got cold feet on the concept because of the poor reception Crucible got so they decided to shift to copy paste MMO design.

Also not having a mount is kind of a stupid design choice if you're going to just make people run back and forth. It's artificial time gating at it's worst. Just have quests near the area and autocomplete to next stage like every other game.

• 1Like