New World

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
If it's 1k people it is going to make for a lot of dead servers real quick for a game that is reliant on player driven content. Hopefully they are hot with the merges or people like the above will be chopping wood forever alone in a month.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
1k people means an entire streamer basically controls a server. Maybe that's Amazon's intent; who knows.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
1k people means an entire streamer basically controls a server. Maybe that's Amazon's intent; who knows.
3 factions

but yeah the number cap feels low. i'm not sure of other games and what pops i'm used to playing in though so hard to compare for me personally.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
3 factions

but yeah the number cap feels low. i'm not sure of other games and what pops i'm used to playing in though so hard to compare for me personally.
EQ back in 99-02ish used to have 2k+(sometimes even 3k) on the more popular servers like Veeshan, Fennin Ro, etc. 1k ain't shit in 2021.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's true. 1k is ideal IF they are on the ball about merges. Let's hope they are.
Im hoping so as well. Sort of like, spreading out the population between a horde of servers so that the new player experience isnt trash. The concurrent users in stress tests on the full servers was well above that iirc, though. If thats their plan, they need to announce that, actually. That way people arent flipping their shit thinking the game is already dead when they do merge them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I’d be there at 6am if you want in at launch in case they go early like they have every phase.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That seems like a shit idea. People are going to slam the shit out of the servers that open first. Also going to fuck anyone hoping to reserve a name that doesn't grab it on the EU server first (and then delete it).

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
That seems like a shit idea. People are going to slam the shit out of the servers that open first. Also going to fuck anyone hoping to reserve a name that doesn't grab it on the EU server first (and then delete it).
its not like grabing a name on a eu server would reserve it in any other region ?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, but it ensures the non-mericans can go to their servers first and we don't get JAJAJA spammed because they all for some reason role on a Virgina hosted server. It fucks some people and lessens the fucking on others. Basically the later your time zone, the less likely you'll have problems getting into servers you want due to the zerg.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
its not like grabing a name on a eu server would reserve it in any other region ?
I honestly don't know how it works, but I had a bitch of a time finding a name that worked in both betas.

Is it all one system? By region? By cluster? By server? Who the fuck knows!

Based on my own difficulty though, I feel like it's much bigger than it should be.

Xerge

<Donor>
Naming is done by cluster i'm pretty sure. I tried to make a character at the end of OB and couldn't grab my name on an EST server.

Edit: I may be wrong

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Ugh. All you fucks in America are going to spam EU to reserve a name and destroy my launch morning.

Name reservations are GLOBAL. You make a name on EU, you own it for the entire game, on all servers. I just triple checked this, it's stupid, but apparently that's the deal according to multiple sources. So you make a char on EU, then delete it when you're ready, and you'll get it for another server.

Even without reservations, degenerates are going to skip sleep to play early on a server they don't intend to play on. Ya'll got it way better launching later in USA.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ugh. All you fucks in America are going to spam EU to reserve a name and destroy my launch morning.

Name reservations are GLOBAL. You make a name on EU, you own it for the entire game, on all servers. I just triple checked this, it's stupid, but apparently that's the deal according to multiple sources. So you make a char on EU, then delete it when you're ready, and you'll get it for another server.

Even without reservations, degenerates are going to skip sleep to play early on a server they don't intend to play on. Ya'll got it way better launching later in USA.
Yep, just saw the confirmation, names are global.

Like I said, this was a stupid fucking decision. Staggering releases is just going to make the first ones that come up get absolutely fucking destroyed. Had they done all regions at the same time this would be avoided.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Twitch clip about naming during beta confirms nothing tbh. I'm not buying it until AGS responds&confirms it for launch.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
8 am CEST is 11pm for me. So if i wanted some janky name that everyone wants, I could probably get it. But no one ever hardly takes the names I use, so w/e. Probably still log in on the EU just to make 100% sure though.

Edit: Hmm prime exclusive skins and 5,000 of the in game store currency :p Not gonna cry over free crap, as I I would have prime no matter what anyway.

Last edited:
  • 1Like