New World

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only way this last you only 5-6 days is if you are playing just to hit max level pushing quests asap and then quit. Basically doing nothing else. But I am sure most people know this and tower just being a troll.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think a lot of this is people just wanting to be sour about the state of MMOs and some of it is Ashes of Creation fanboyism, even though that game is years out. Like, this isn't the era of WOW versus NEW MMO. You can play different games and other games can be successful. Very weird shit. Like people wishing death on D3 who play PoE or vice versa. Both those games live simultaneously and fulfill different wants in the same realm.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
99 percent of games fail. So making predictions along that line doesn't make you Nostradamus.
I wasnt making a prediction. This game has been in "beta" for like half a decade. Its problems have been known for some time and nearly everyone who has played an MMO in their life has had access to one of its builds.

The only way this last you only 5-6 days is if you are playing just to hit max level pushing quests asap and then quit. Basically doing nothing else. But I am sure most people know this and tower just being a troll.

Correct. There is no point to playing the game after you push max level and do the PvP game loop a couple times. No portion of the game is compelling enough beyond the initial discovery of its content to continually repeat that content. This will take the average poopsocker under a week. You can adjust your timeframe accordingly. For me, timeframe is more or less how I view MMOs these days. Is it a 1 day endeavor (complete shit)? 1 week? 1 month? More than 1 month?

A good release, one that I view as worth paying for, needs to be a 1 month endeavor. It has been slim pickings for nearly a decade now so I don't begrudge anyone who feels its worth paying for a 1 week MMO if you're going to have some fun and especially have some friends who will play it with you. I have certainly paid for worse, even recently. New World wont be the one I'm paying for though, I already got my week out of it last year for free

• 1Picard

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You cant like shit I dont like.

Sad but oh so very true.

Correct. There is no point to playing the game after you push max level and do the PvP game loop a couple times...

......I already got my week out of it last year for free

I can't make this stuff up. Where's the eyeroll emoji. Honestly I agree, you are better off not playing. Please find another thread to infect.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ah the "oh I played it last beta" (re: August 2020) poster. Classic. It's the exact same game guys, they decided to delay it a year, then do NOTHING for that year until their release date!

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd say most people who don't poopsock NW will get at least a month of fun out of it before they hit that end game wall of boredom. Shitty end game is still shitty and none of the recent changes have changed that.
Best thing they could do is slow down leveling speed.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im sure they are well aware of this and hopefully for launch they have 1 surprise for us. And then add in more as time goes by.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im sure they are well aware of this and hopefully for launch they have 1 surprise for us. And then add in more as time goes by.
I hope so, lol.
People have only been complaining about it since the beginning of testing. Every single time there was a wipe, people would level to max level and sooner after the testing servers would empty out.
It would make sense for them to slow down leveling and fix all the quick leveling methods. Hopefully, that way they will have more time to add content before the shit show starts.
My only fear is that they turn the game into an instance shit show, since that is the path a least resistance to push out more content at a quicker pace.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's a box fee. There's no sub (unless I'm reading all the things wrong). If people enjoy themselves for x hours and it's worth the box fee, that's really all they -need- to deliver. They aren't fighting for subs. They aren't fighting for long-term player retention, because it literally doesn't matter. They could sell 1m boxes and 999k people leave. Cool; they sold 1m boxes; there is no sub model.

I don't think that enters into people predicting the endgame lull's mind. It literally does not matter. If they release content periodically, that's cool on them, but it's not part of the box fee.

If they then charge 10 months down the line a 15 dollar fee to access 3+ dungeons and a raid, people who give a shit will pay that. But it isn't about subs or long term retention at all.

This is going to do gangbusters release dollars imo. Not enough people hit any sort of "wall" to really appreciate it, and the general speed of leveling still makes it worth it. The people who got near max/max during the last week were basically PL'd to cap via streaming or they played dozens of hours at a minimum over the last week. A 12 pack of decent beer costs 20 bucks; 39.99 or 49.99 is a pittance comparatively.

They could do zero things and will probably recoup most development costs + extra. The fact they added in completely new facets of gameplay (questing, dungeons, etc) and have more on the horizon, without a sub? Yeah.

• 1Picard

Xerge

<Donor>
Everquest, ESO, and WoW all had a patch about 5 weeks after release, and again about 4 months later. EQ launched with a day 1 patch IIRC so if NW if smart they will use the next month to push a new build with bug fixes and possibly some new content.

But i'll repeat myself - the game will be worth investing into and getting a max level character. Watching a shitshow is always worth the ticket price imo

edit: Confirmed the game has named mobs with named loot?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was watching someone do crafting last night and there seemed to be so many steps to do the higher level stuff. Since his faction didn't control cities, he had to fast travel back and forth and only certain things could be made at certain places and the storages weren't linked.

I think getting max in things will be really rough if you aren't fed mats, so people yelling about being able to max everything seems like it's not going to happen anytime soon for most people.

Weight also seems like a real problem while crafting.

• 1Like

vegetoeeVegetoee

Trakanon Raider
It's a box fee. There's no sub (unless I'm reading all the things wrong). If people enjoy themselves for x hours and it's worth the box fee, that's really all they -need- to deliver. They aren't fighting for subs. They aren't fighting for long-term player retention, because it literally doesn't matter. They could sell 1m boxes and 999k people leave. Cool; they sold 1m boxes; there is no sub model.

I don't think that enters into people predicting the endgame lull's mind. It literally does not matter. If they release content periodically, that's cool on them, but it's not part of the box fee.

If they then charge 10 months down the line a 15 dollar fee to access 3+ dungeons and a raid, people who give a shit will pay that. But it isn't about subs or long term retention at all.

This is going to do gangbusters release dollars imo. Not enough people hit any sort of "wall" to really appreciate it, and the general speed of leveling still makes it worth it. The people who got near max/max during the last week were basically PL'd to cap via streaming or they played dozens of hours at a minimum over the last week. A 12 pack of decent beer costs 20 bucks; 39.99 or 49.99 is a pittance comparatively.

They could do zero things and will probably recoup most development costs + extra. The fact they added in completely new facets of gameplay (questing, dungeons, etc) and have more on the horizon, without a sub? Yeah.
For sure. Also, people don't seem to want an EQ, Vanilla WoW type game. Everyone complains about content not being there, but there would be hell to pay if you forced slow leveling and exploring as a focus of the game. MMO gamers are their own worst enemies these days IMO.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I plan to play this game. I am pretty sure I can get a month out of it. I am willing to bet I will get more time than that.

I play with a friend and we had a pretty good time testing out various weapons and crafting. We ran the first dungeon and did some PvP. I feel the game has potential. The nice thing is that without a monthly cost, I can always just stop and come back to it later. The crafting portion of the game is very casual friendly once you have the skill. I have drastically slowed down my current play as I do not want to ruin the experience of it for release. There are certainly things that need a little addressing.

1. Why do I care if somebody took a territory? It was odd that I saw these colors on the map but it had no bearing to what I was doing. Maybe I had to be 60th to better understand why the enemy let me use their fort like I owned it. High end crafting appears to be the only control factor. This would explain why I did not feel the pressure of control.

2. Skill balance is coming.

Hatchet is still stupid strong.
a. Do you want faster running...Check
b. Would you like to be able to heal yourself through combat ... Check.
c. Would you like to be able to constant attack very quickly with great damage ....Check.

3. I submitted this one, Double tap directional dodge. Its just more natural for me given my GW2 experience than reaching for the shift key.

4. Swimming.....................like I am not even sure what that was about. How does this game not have swimming? I have no problem with a skill or a weight factor but swimming should be a part of the game. If you want to limit access, use poisoned water?

5. Faction balance. This is the one real challenge they have. I do not immediately see an easy solution. It would be currently more advantageous to be on the side that has more players.

It was nice seeing a new game using much better graphics. The setting is a bit odd but I can get used to it until AoC comes out. I am hoping that the makers of AoC are taking notes with this game. It has some well done areas.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Hell you turn that shit off in ESO too. I've watched people dodge roll off edges in a dungeon an die
Yeah in GW2 there are a ton of jumping puzzles which require precise positioning. You can easily double tap yourself off whatever. Rage inducing.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yeah in GW2 there are a ton of jumping puzzles which require precise positioning. You can easily double tap yourself off whatever. Rage inducing.
What was the Destiny raid that required people to do platform jumping? I remember waiting for everyone to make it for an hour on just about every fucking raid.