New World

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
what server are you on and all that good stuff? bless always intrigued me tried it out when it was first released and not sure if it wasnt optimized right or what but my machine struggled to play it so i put it down and never looked back, but im hella bored and the world still intrigues me more my style art wise and all that good stuff

wouldent mind derping around with someone as i mostly enjoy playing a support type class and solo has never been fun to me really.
Shit, reading comprehension failure for me.

For some reason I thought the post I quoted was talking about New World and not Bless. Never played Bless.

I got hooked on New World during beta and despite my apprehensions about it, am really looking forward to playing it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just to be clear, while I have no interest in playing the open Beta, I have plenty of interest in playing the game. The game is solid enough for me to want to return after playing 40 hours in the last beta. I did not cap level a character, nor did I cap any of the crafting or even PvP a lot. I did do a lot of questing and foraging/crafting. There is plenty I have yet to do in the game. I do hope they churn out some high end content and certainly fix the obvious bugs. This game has potential, and even without it at the start, is worth picking up if you like Online multi-person games.

I say all this being a very big Ashes of Creation fan. I initially looked at the starter videos and thought the game was crap. Instead I found out that mainly the videos were crap. The game itself can be fun. It of course can be much better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Even if you only slightly like New World, launch will be an absolute blast and shouldnt be missed. Thats generally true for most MMO's. Ive read all the personal gripes people have over travel etc. a thousand times. I get it, the early levels make travel miserable. But mounts are coming, we just dont know when. Whatever "when the map is big enough" means. But personally, anytime I had to go somewhere new - I would port to the nearest wayshrine and run there doing all kind of harvesting and chest finding. Basically, I just had fun playing the game in beta.

Game is $40 bucks. Thats basically nothing for what you're getting in return.
It definitely seems like a game that's about the journey and not the destination, which is something I've always thought was a large, untapped design space.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It definitely seems like a game that's about the journey and not the destination, which is something I've always thought was a large, untapped design space.
Journey is a bit too short, and given the Internet, there will never be hidden places to find after the first month.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Journey is a bit too short, and given the Internet, there will never be hidden places to find after the first month.
That's not really what I'm talking about. I mean the little adventures you get into along the way to going someplace. Clearing out a camp to get a chest or a resource node, etc, that just happens to pop up while you're on your way someplace.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just to be clear, while I have no interest in playing the open Beta, I have plenty of interest in playing the game. The game is solid enough for me to want to return after playing 40 hours in the last beta. I did not cap level a character, nor did I cap any of the crafting or even PvP a lot. I did do a lot of questing and foraging/crafting. There is plenty I have yet to do in the game. I do hope they churn out some high end content and certainly fix the obvious bugs. This game has potential, and even without it at the start, is worth picking up if you like Online multi-person games.

I say all this being a very big Ashes of Creation fan. I initially looked at the starter videos and thought the game was crap. Instead I found out that mainly the videos were crap. The game itself can be fun. It of course can be much better.
Yeah, I'm of the same opinion. This isn't shaping up to be the kind of MMO experience to compete with something like WoW or FFXIV from a traditional, complex perspective, but I don't really have time to invest in that type of game anymore. The game was consistently fun while I played it in beta, and hopefully they can build on more complexity and content over time.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
can i get a tldr?
I'm watching it and its really not rocket science and any long term MMO player will have figured out or looked up most of the shit already. Can be summed up with "heres the equations" "Heres the ratios" "Heres the diminishing returns" and then the most obvious "This is how it all calculates." Which its all based on 0.9 and we have no idea what will change in release since theyve already pointed out that scaling etc. is going to be "tweaked."

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Whos buying this, feels like unfinished flaming pile of garbage. Although I am tempted.
Already bought it. Was money well spent for a fun experience during the last beta. Anything I get out of it after it launches is bonus.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There isn't any alpha invites anymore - you can buy the game on steam and play it in the beta and then return it if you want.
There's a NDA test going right now and people who were from alpha program are receiving invites by Steam Product Keys, that's why I'm asking. I'd like to check some changes since closed beta.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
There's a NDA test going right now and people who were from alpha program are receiving invites by Steam Product Keys, that's why I'm asking. I'd like to check some changes since closed beta.

check your messages sent you my invite code

Xerge

<Donor>
German video showing a build that has daggers, blunderbuss, and void gauntlet - likely post release content patch

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah there's a "confidential" beta going on right now. But really, with them having open beta weekend after next, why? Of all the things to potentially complain about the game, lag/server stability didn't really seem one for me.

I'm already pre-ordered and ready to go; I don't care if they give you void gauntlets at level 1; I'm not playing this until it saves my progress, which any of this beta shit isn't going to do. But man, do I want to play it when it does.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I just noticed I got invited in the "press preview/stability test" that I think ends today. I can't bring myself to play anymore non release though ;[

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was always confused by the delay. I dunno, maybe I got lucky, but I didn't see anything that needed another month to get done. Maybe it was bad at high end with bugs or something, I stopped in the mid 30s. The new stuff announced still says its going in after launch, so that's not the reason. I understand that for mmos launch is very important and usually you only get one shot, so that might be all there is too it, try to polish/clean it as much as possible.

I'll skip the open beta most likely, just see no reason to play it.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dunno, maybe I got lucky, but I didn't see anything that needed another month to get done.

Dupes, exploits, lag in some 50v50 situations (GA vortex spam) and server instability come to mind. Closed beta forums aren't accessible anymore but there were lots of threads in the bug report section.

• 1Like