New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
It seems like most of the issues are related to the IG desync bullshit or whatever their engine does to only have "lag" in certain parts of the battlefield (does that have a proper name?). I know on most servers there are certain factions or companies that tend to abuse them more early before being fixed which is frustrating and def not fun.

Man I really fucking love this game despite all the problems. This breakup is gonna be so painful.

I just see a car crash coming. AGS is way too inexperienced and slow to change. There are about a dozen major issues that are heading for a cliff right now and with the way the internet/gaming works nowadays, the game could be empty in a week flat (look at how fast FF14 exploded).

They don't seem to be doing anything about the major issues or are way too slow and it just sucks. Maybe there will be a resurgence in a few years when they get their shit together, but right now I'm bracing myself for heartache.

They've had two patches in 3 weeks and addressed pretty much all the top issues at that time (week late on some things). seems like the desync is more indepth than a quickfix though. can't really blame them that there are so many spergs who hit 60in a week and look to cheese everything now (typical pvp crowd so is to be expected)

The upper levels weren't as extensively tested so i'm sure now that thousands are maxed there is new stuff popping up everyday. as long as they are addressed as they have been i'm cool. i'm not 60 though

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Have they fixed anything though? Like, they said they fixed the issue with titles, and yet every time I log in I'm bombarded with spam about titles to claim. Same ones every time!

They fixed treasure chests "not fighting back" in fishing. Except did they? And was that really important?

Oh, but they fixed "Fixed an issue causing the barrel to not appear in “Pirate Stance” emote." So gg I guess.

Seriously, go read the patch notes for those two patches and tell me if any of that shit matters? And the ones that do, did they actually fix them? "Fixed a rare issue where players could enter state where they could not be hit by most attacks."

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Invasions not being won so far is actually pretty funny. We're currently in the race for world first invasion clear but nobody gives a shit about new world endgame.

This is a great $40 to play through 60 and be ready for New New World: A World Reborn in a couple months when you've finished up the 6.0 content.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Have they fixed anything though? Like, they said they fixed the issue with titles, and yet every time I log in I'm bombarded with spam about titles to claim. Same ones every time!

They fixed treasure chests "not fighting back" in fishing. Except did they? And was that really important?

Oh, but they fixed "Fixed an issue causing the barrel to not appear in “Pirate Stance” emote." So gg I guess.

Seriously, go read the patch notes for those two patches and tell me if any of that shit matters? And the ones that do, did they actually fix them? "Fixed a rare issue where players could enter state where they could not be hit by most attacks."
these were pretty good last patch. the message thing caused them to look into the auto kick/ban shit and fix that. first patch had the afk stuff, fixed the npcs being exploited for insta-respawn etc
  • We adjusted the rates of influence gain over time so that it will continue to require significant effort over time to flip a territory into conflict state:
    • Reduced the amount of influence increase over time significantly for attacking factions. This is to account for a bug we found where the increase was multiplied much faster than intended over time.
    • Removed the decrease in influence over time for defending factions.
  • Fixed an issue causing players kicked, suspended, banned, or removed from the game by Easy Anti-Cheat to receive unclear communication. Additional messaging has been added so players can better understand the penalty they received.
  • Fixed an issue causing territory influence to be reset after an Invasion
  • Fixed an issue causing twice the intended number of Boars to spawn at the Boarsholm POI in Restless Shores.

Cybsled

For furnishing leveling, warm iron sconce seems to be the play for 0-50. 15 lumber, 5 iron ingots, 5 oil. I did a circle around weavers and left with like 600 oil. Salvage returns a decent amount of lumber as well

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure I just spammed ash stain, maple stain and the blue bunkies until 100. Furnishing definitely on my last to finish list since people selling storage for less than runes of holding ;[

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Weird, I was able to sell two (old) log storage chests for 350 yesterday on my server (which is slightly above population of Vingolf).

Cherry bunk bed is still the best way to level from 56 to 100 I think.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Don't spend the 100g profit all at once ;D

There are at least 50-100 T1 chests up from 300-2k price at any given time but to actually move them you're selling at/below cost on el dorado. I ended up getting 2 of the bigger ones (polished marble) for like 6k total which none of the higher crafted should compete with price wise unless people do the below cost thing.

Each day I log in all finished materials cost less and less as people race to the bottom. T1 .01-.15, T2-T3 1-2g, T4-T5 5-10g

All of these were 3-10x more just a week ago.

I personally don't experience the gold drought most people on this board seem to have so it's pretty disappointing to watch the market cripple itself in less than a month as people do whatever they can to scrape up gold.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yep, it's a complete race to the bottom. I think people have realized it, too, and are just trying to get whatever they can before everything is worthless. Like, I noticed cinnamon was 8g the other day, so I went and farmed a bunch. Put it up at market price, and this morning it's selling for 4g under 4g.

Just paid almost 900g in property tax for a single property, and it's due again before the end of the week.

They should've hired an economist. It is interesting though. It's a lesson in macroeconomics and deflation that you can see play out in real time. People are hoarding money because they realize everything is going to be dirt cheap soon, and it destroys the economy.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Agree. They need to do something to get this on better footing. Lowering gold sinks and/or raise npc drops asap.

I logged into the company owning everfall today making everything EXTREME so I too shall pass on paying property tax and doing anything else there until they get ousted.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Another problem this game has with econ, is no one is rolling new characters because for one the fucking grind is atrocious and second, its a waste of time since respecs are so cheap and you can basically change your primary character at a whim. Oh and I dont even think you can roll another anyway, it wont let you. The whole alt'itis thing some people love to do in mmorpgs is missing from this game. So all that low level shit is all worthless now that the majority are in the 40s and 50s.

Shit if it wasnt for the grindy aspect of this game and it allowed me to I would roll another char for some magic type shit like ice gaunt or fire staff, maybe even a healer.

What im noticing on my server is jewlery is hot and sells for a shit ton. Tools are always good but that will end soon as more people just buy or make them. The t3 bags are still good at like 3K a pop, I have not seen any t4s yet.

Gear 500+ is all pretty much 100-300 golds per item depending on rolls. Most I run with dont even bother selling they just scrap it all, lol. I still keep the really good pieces to sell.

I actually dont think they thought this econ through long enough. Ir if they did it was mainly for crafting based econ and then when they added pve on top of it all, it just ruined everything.

One thing I am noticing from the 500+ elite runs is that, again 99% of the shit is pure trash, at least for me. So there is that. Good gear for your build is still rare. Stuff like +str/con pure int, int/con, pure dex, dex/con is still valuable when the proper heavy/light/med drop with it.

Tide27

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dont even recall the server I am on, but can tell that there is little to no economy going on.

Ive watched a few guides as to what items to farm for coin, and every last one of them is below 0.4 or so. I then decided to just sort for buy orders with everything i owned...literally everything is pennies.

I wont spend another gold on anything, seeing as how there are a multitude of ways to pull coin from the economy, versus ways to inject some.

And since you need over 500k to 1m mats in t1 to level, buying 500 to 1k here or there accomplishes nothing. Ill jusr go get it myself, and seems many are doing the same thing.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think that's a fundamental error in having t1 materials be the bedrock of everything. Why pay for them when I can just go gather them myself? And without gold injected into the economy from mobs (or vendors), I'm much better served doing that. If it was faster as a 60 to farm mobs for money, I'd probably rather do that. But it's garbage.

Also, as far as 500+ stuff for 100-300 gold on the trading post, are you sure it's actually selling? Or is it just listed in hopes that it sells? Because I've had absolutely shit luck for selling anything. I had an amazing tower shield at like 515, purple, constitution and strength, with a plus taunt and some other good shit on it. I said fuck it and listed it for 100, too. Auction expired. I put it up again and it still hasn't sold.

Tools are a funny one. Once everyone has one, there's literally no point in ever buying another one again (assuming you got halfway decent rolls on it). So the market will inevitably crater.

In other less depressing news, I got a pretty cool looking furniture schematic. It's 187 though, and I literally have nothing above 86 I think I don't actually have anything above 75. And I think that may be a default recipe (ash large table)?

Untitled.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I sell about 3-5 items per day I list on there. But, again, my server is behind yours. Only now are we seeing an influx of new 60s and the majority of the player base is still in 30-50 range. Once when noobs figure out that lv60 purps and blues drop like candy from elite zones, they will prob stop buying.

But still even so, good gear is rare as fuck. I keep getting of the monk, of the fighter, shit with focus and int on it, dex and str, int and dex... totally useless for me. Hell yeah I would buy a few pieces that rounded out my armor 540+. Shit I would even take some higher lv weapons too. But those dont exist on market yet.

Oh and jewelry is rare as fuck right now. I managed to snag a 510 piece with con on it for 800 golds the other day that someone prob crafted. The one it replaced was like 460 or some shit. If players were smart they would get into jewelry making because jewelry, aside some quests here and there, just does not drop. At least none that I have saw.

As top the tools part, yeah its dumb. I see tons of people spamming they are raising their engineering to make those tools. Like for what? Such a dumb investment time/gold wise only to make a few tools. LOL, I bought my orc tools from market at 800-1K a pop and will never touch eng.

Another good one will be the stone cutting shit. Cutting stones and making those orbs.

Last edited:

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unfortunately the game doesn't have a "loss" mechanic to drain the game of its crafted items.

In Ultima Online for example, you had durability and you needed a smith to repair your silver massive halberd of vanquishing, the highest skill repaired the item for the least amount of max durability lost, eventually these legendary items were lost by either dying or lost to durability.

Full suits of gear were bought from grandmaster craftsmen and eventually left to rot on death from the nature of the game (grab bag of regs and gtfo) weight was such a burden that you just couldn't risk or simply couldn't afford to loot everyones setup.

Through these systems items were removed from the game and the economy was able to cycle itself.

In new world, there doesn't seem to be any actual sink mechanism, the "repair" durability system is so soft it might as well not even exist.

I realized this pretty quickly and my dreams of becoming a world renown crafter of the games uberest of uber items was but a fleeting dream because in the end, there is going to be an infinite supply of silver massive halberds of vanquishing and they wont even be worth a single gold piece and there would be zero reason to gather or craft past the initial server rush.

• 1Like
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also I stumbled on an awesome iron farm. Its in a 58-60 lvl area so no noobs running around. In fact I never saw one person yet there. No mobs there either, its super simple. Some of the nodes are not even on the maps I checked. Its like 2000 iron for 2 rounds of this place. So I do one round, fish of like 10 min, then go do another round and TP back home. EZ 2K+iron in 30 min.

But im not telling you....

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Unfortunately the game doesn't have a "loss" mechanic to drain the game of its crafted items.

In Ultima Online for example, you had durability and you needed a smith to repair your silver massive halberd of vanquishing, the highest skill repaired the item for the least amount of max durability lost, eventually these legendary items were lost by either dying or lost to durability.

Full suits of gear were bought from grandmaster craftsmen and eventually left to rot on death from the nature of the game (grab bag of regs and gtfo) weight was such a burden that you just couldn't risk or simply couldn't afford to loot everyones setup.

Through these systems items were removed from the game and the economy was able to cycle itself.

In new world, there doesn't seem to be any actual sink mechanism, the "repair" durability system is so soft it might as well not even exist.

I realized this pretty quickly and my dreams of becoming a world renown crafter of the games uberest of uber items was but a fleeting dream because in the end, there is going to be an infinite supply of silver massive halberds of vanquishing and they wont even be worth a single gold piece and there would be zero reason to gather or craft past the initial server rush.
Well maybe they will realize this and change it. I agree item break would be key. But they would have to re balance item durability in a major way because now items lose durability way to fast. IT would also make death sting way more. Since now people using death as a free ride home because it essentially free aside a few gold.

But let me tell you if they add this, people will fucking rage. Item breakage in games has always been a hot topic and usually people hate it. Especially fo legos later that you have to farm mats, rare mats, rare items, and shit to craft.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard

I paid my first house tax of 1700 gold. A single death costs me close to 200 gold in repairs. There's sinks, but if you play the game enough you'll be just ahead of them. If you're trying to play the AH to get rich like it's any other MMO, that shit ain't gonna happen. The "HOW TO MAKE MONEYS" guides out there are all server dependent. Some one said there's no T4 bags o their server whereas on my server there's T5 and they're as cheap as 2k gold. Here's a for-instance:

Looking for an easy way to level armorsmithing my friend looked at the Depths gear crafts. They netted a large amount of craft exp, like 8k or something ridiculous, but cost 10 Corrupted Talismans. He looked on his AH on Morrow. There were 496 listed at around 0.5 gold each. Easy skilling.

I checked my server, Glubbdubdrib, which is a very active server, but was a new server so it was ~1 day behind everyone. There were 16 Corrupted Talismans and they cost 13 gold each.

If you're going to make money it's going to be server-to-server based on the amount of high end crafters, sweaty guilds, and fish botters. I'm the 3rd person (maybe even the 2nd) to make Orich tools on my server and they were already up for as little as 300 gold each. That's what a single Suspended Azoth goes for on my server. Basically that one person or guild has ensured that those tools will never be profitable. That means a few things good and bad. Bad: I can't make money myself off those things I busted my ass for. That's fine, I know some other tricks of the trade to make money if I really needed too, but you can make a few thousand gold a day playing in a 4-6 hour period. The good: Now everyone else sees those tools and goes "oh, fuck that. Getting 200 skill isn't worth it." But it IS. It's how you make some of the best gear in the game, but now the get-rich-quickers gave already given up so that the few dedicated and sweaty fucks like me are left can get to 200, get the recipes 98% of the population doesn't know exist, then start working on crafting out true 600 GS BiS gear. That gear will sell for 10k+ gold each. It'll also take several days to craft and some luck on traits, but that's what long-term systems are. If you can make the god item 3 weeks into a game, you've got a dead game coming sooner rather than later.

I think a lot of the issues with this game is that it's not all hacked yet. They've datamined some items and some mobs and some things, but they don 't know how to put them together. There wasn't a bunch of tryhard guilds blasting the 60 meta and crafting god gear in beta/alpha like other MMOs, so there's no "how-to" guide for all this shit. And I love it.

And yes, there were 60s and big guilds in alpha and beta, but not like other MMO's. I was in alpha and there weren't even quests for most of it, and when they did add them they stopped at around level 35. So you just had hardcore grinders and few of them. But then, half the shit that's in game wasn't in. So even for the tryhards and Meta Matts, this shit is new and unknown until some one actually finds out about it.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Money is useless anyways aside the few things from AH you want like tools, maybe a pece of gear or two and if you have fucking houses all over the fucking place. Maybe rare mats if youre a crafter. But even then I would not waste moneys on some crafting skillups or rare mats until youre 60 and trying to craft end game shit.

I constantly have about 25K on me and use my cash frequently. Even donated like 10K over the course of the game to my guild when they needed it.