New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The annoying(?) part of the town board quests is they never seem to move past the 'uses ore and fiber instead of ingots and linen' phase. I have to keep a bunch of uncombined resources around for those quests, which doesn't help on the storage issues. I still get quests for like 25 rawhide randomly. If the board quests scaled up faster alongside your harvesting levels, etc. It would a) help on storage b) give a dump for higher tier resources laying around c) lessen the number of quests you have to camp on the board.

Running through a town I always clear the easy ones, then run to hit a few iron/green wood to finish off any I was close on. By the time that's all done, the next group have popped and I'm back on it. I can get caught up just running around 50m from town chopping trees and not actually out in the world questing. Sad part is, that's still better xp than the alternative.
Fuck that, I'm not contributing 10 orichalcum bars for 750 rep. I abandon those every single time. They were okay (starmetal) when I was leveling because they gave a ton of exp, but that's useless to me now.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I’d like to see an actual mob diversity comparison between NW and the average AAA MMO release instead of all the subjective takes. Most of this is seemingly from people that haven’t played the entire game world.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I haven't picked up the game yet but is it really this bad? I've just been reading the thread on the forums to try to get a gauge of how things are going. This guy normally has pretty decent opinions and reviews about games. He's definitely doom and gloom on the current state.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I haven't picked up the game yet but is it really this bad? I've just been reading the threat on the forums to try to get a gauge of how things are going. This guy normally has pretty decent opinions and reviews about games. He's definitely doom and gloom on the current state.

I didn't watch that video.

But no.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I hate that Lost Ark was delayed for this. Lost Ark will make a metric ton more money than this will, and is already polished and had multiple years of testing already done.

While releasing LA first would have been the smart move, and would likely have made a decent amount which would help offset delaying NW another 6-12 months, I seriously doubt it will make more than NW. NW gets minimum $40 from every single player (and will, I assume, charge for expansions), LA would have to match the number of players and somehow average out the same $40 to even come close to NW.

There's just no real need to spend a dime on LA. I think that the initial sales of Founder's packs will likely eclipse any other profit the game makes long term, and most people will probably buy the cheaper one. As for popularity, the only comparison I can draw from is RU, which launched with only 3 servers and merged down to 2 after like a year. And from launch to merge only 1 server ever had consistent "high" population.

LA is just not much of a cash cow. The devs are constantly remaking/retconning large portions of the game in a desperate attempt to make the cash shop more profitable. The F2P model is just shit, unless you do it like Archeage (and sorta WoW) and push a sub model (I know AA isn't quite a sub) and let players sell subs (tokens) to other players.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I haven't picked up the game yet but is it really this bad? I've just been reading the thread on the forums to try to get a gauge of how things are going. This guy normally has pretty decent opinions and reviews about games. He's definitely doom and gloom on the current state.

He sums it up at 1:30 and says what everyone else in the thread has said. For $40 you'll have a pretty fun game with 100+ hours of content and no sub cost. If you care about controlling territories and end game balance and shit, yeah cracks will start to show. If you ignore all that bullshit and just play the game, the trip to 60 is pretty good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm happy with the game so far. I'm only level 38 though and just relaxing with my musket and hatchet. I know it's not optimal or anything but it's fun. I try and knock out a level a day. Hopefully when I get to 60 some of things get fixed that everyone bitches about.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I’d like to see an actual mob diversity comparison between NW and the average AAA MMO release instead of all the subjective takes. Most of this is seemingly from people that haven’t played the entire game world.

NW doesn’t even reskin most of them is why it stands out. There is a big difference between “reskinned human model” and “literally the same human model in 10 zones”

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Who fucking cares how interesting 60 if they can't keep you on the hook long enough to get there?

I'm not watching the video, but I wouldn't say the game is "bad" by any means. It didn't really scratch the itch for me, but I totally get how it scratches the itch for plenty of people. It's definitely worth $40 imo

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That sounds amazing. Any reprieve from the bombardment of globohomo in all media is a godsend.
Yup it's pretty damn amazing. On my server they are referring to PVP as handing out hugs.

Let's Go Brandon! is still being used as a common reply to any discussion that turns left leaning. They just get drowned out with spam.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't watch that video.

But no.
It really is though. You don't notice a lot of the time because you can just brute through shit.

But like I mentioned earlier today, nearly every perk on weapons/armor is broken. They either don't work at all, make your skills do literally zero damage, or like the armor one make you damage mitigate everything (instead of just crit like you're supposed to). Seems like all the "good" gems are broken. This is stuff that's just straight up not working.

Stuff like a broken economy, wars, portals, etc, have all been mentioned. There's so much fucking wrong with this game. Shit, his first point is about how there's a misplaced decimal on components. I mentioned that weeks ago talking about the mid-tier healing potions where I've never seen a single drop. What's the purpose of that?

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
im lvl 31 and all of the abilities and skills I have picked have worked.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont think anyone is making excuses for the state of the game. There is a lot of shit broken, and I mean.. A LOT. I could go on a huge rant about all the shit thats broken and so can everyone else thats played up to a reasonable level. But, a lot of the shit people say about this game is just flat out wrong. Every time I think Ive seen all the NPC models in this game, I find another one. No idea why tf they make some so rare, but that shit is there. Ive watched my g/f play the game on her own, not a gamer, and shes moved from one noobie zone to another up until the point I started directing her on where to level and what to do. Shes following the MSQ and thought that just because its there, she has to complete it. How many other people are just going from noobie zone to noobie zone doing this shit? Fucking horrible exp grinding level 12 side quests at level 25. How many pick up faction quests and grind those w/o even knowing that theyre optional? Fucking horrible exp grinding level 12 faction quests at level 25. How many are grinding TB quests? F'n kill me now. How many people sit and grind out life skills thinking the crafting grind is as easy as WoW's? All Im saying is a lot of the "problems" people come up with are self inflicted.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Most of these videos are pretty much for the clicks. Not that they're entirely wrong, there's a ton of bugs, but outside of a handful most of them are meaningless and fixable with a relog. The people who say "This game is so boring there's nothing to do" have never hit 60. Like ever, not a single one. Sometimes I'll read some guy who got close, but they say "I play alone 90% of the time and-" and no fucking shit. It's an M M O. There's high end GROUP shit to do and the best part is if you are good and build certain ways you CAN do it alone, but these putzes would rather make a QQ youtube video (make sure to go over 8 minutes for extra $$$!!).

Here's the ACTUAL list of bugs in the game that matter:

-Can't close high level corrupted portals. 50% on whether it's intentional by AGS to slow high end progression or not. Considering we kept our 3 and 4 Azoth staves, I'd guess not.
-iFrame exploits with some shenanigans. They're aware and I'm guessing they'll build in an auto detect for how it works and players who try to cheeze shit will get auto-booted and then remain killable in the open world at most inconvenient times.
-Lag in Wars - Another exploit, probably. I've been in 5-6 wars and I've had the lag 3 of them. The "everyone standing still but no one is really there" lag. The thing is I can still hit people, they're just not where they seem.
-Perks/Traits not working- Most of them work. Whoever said otherwise probably tried like 4 skills they were told were bugged and decided that meant all were. Go Sunder Javelin something, look for rend, look for increased damage. Guess what? It works. However "Burden" perks on bags most likely do not work. They change the number but your actual weight is read by the game as the same. Deep pockets, however, does work.
-Gems not working in weapons - We've had guildmates testing this. It's not necessarily that they don't work, but they don't work HOW everyone expects them to. Definitely could be a bug, but fuck lifestaffers, they don't deserve to have fun anyways!
-Outpost Rush was removed temporarily. This is VERY unfortunate as it's the only guaranteed small scale pvp with meaningful rewards. There were apparently two bugs. AGS let the public know about the infinite stuck bug, but allegedly (I didn't see it first hand) people could leave and rejoin the OR at some point and get multiple rewards. Again heresay, but I heard it from Sacriel who is fairly knowledgeable about the game, in direct contact with the devs, and plays a shit ton. He's also been wrong about stuff so take it for what you will.

Can you go to high level shit, kill it, and get upgrades? Yep. Can you PVP people and reliably kill 99.9% of them without exploits? Yep. Can you attempt to take over a town with your guild in instanced PVP? Yep. Can you do dungeons? Believe it or not, YEP. Not only do you get a free key from quests lines, it takes ONE key per group to enter a dungeon. Even though portals can't be close at high levels you can up-convert corruption crystals at the stonecrafter to make higher level keys as well.

Basically is this game fucked? No. Is it in a bad place? Maybe? Is it a failure? Absolutely not. This ain't WoW, this is Destiny. There's no subscription so they can make sweeping changes as needed and the population will stop logging in or log in more often. Most people can't stand the 40+ grind because they're not 20 years old anymore and they just don't have the time to do it. That's fine. Does it mean it's a slog compared to other MMOs? Not at all. Fucking WoW classic took 100+ play hours to hit 60 and this can be done faster if you actually play. Anyone who hasn't been 60 and done level 60+ content really has no idea what the game "is".

Basically this game is a WIP, but it's not broken in so many ways that it's unplayable. I think lvl 60 players have more to do on the daily than people leveling. Perhaps that's the problem, but all these "THERE ARE BUGS AND MISSING PIECES" videos are mostly people going for the views. Just google any question about New World you have about a certain item/skill/etc. You'll get 10 listings from fucking hacked together 'gamer guide' sites that have 0 actual information just general shit. Everyone's trying to cash in on the hype one way or the other, but at the end of the day the game works, there's stuff to do, and there's stuff that needs to be fixed but there's STILL reasons to log in EVERY DAY and play at high level. A lot of MMO launches couldn't say that past week 2.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

After reading those notes, I bought every fucking t2 refinement material I could that was listed at dirt cheap prices. I've got thousands banked now lol

• 2Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sadly, I'm just now realizing I should have leveled entirely off town boards and nothing else.

The amount of rep you need to get worthwhile storage is obscene. And you can't do shit without storage.

Wish I had started the townboard crafting missions earlier. Would have saved a lot of time leveling them up, especially weaponsmithing. Some of the higher missions for cooking, etc might not be worth it, but weaponsmithing is beyond painful to level.

Now i just go to the board and decline everything that isn't weaponsmithing / armorsmithing in the crafting choices.

• 1Like