New World

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
What is with these big dudes with swords in upper myrkgard. Was clearing with a group minding our own business looting chests, shits easy. This Guy comes out of nowhere, does a double flip onto our faces and instagibs all of us. Guess I gotta wait to finish my legendary.

also, hearing faction life staff is better than the legendary? How dumb if true
Ya the sword dudes are no joke. Definitely the hardest mob in the game. As for the life staff I believe all of the epics are best suited for PvE. They are especially good for invasions/shattered mountain zones because they all seem to have big + % to corrupted damage bonuses.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya the sword dudes are no joke. Definitely the hardest mob in the game. As for the life staff I believe all of the epics are best suited for PvE. They are especially good for invasions/shattered mountain zones because they all seem to have big + % to corrupted damage bonuses.

If your purpose is to heal, the 520 faction one with Blessed perk is better than any other 580 staff without Blessed. It's that good. Also +dmg on life staff is counterintuitive because most endgame PvE scenarios require AoE damage, which life staff doesn't do. Unless dungeon bosses of course, but healing your group 30% more will always be better than doing more damage on left click.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think many of you must have done chest runs before they buffed the drop rate, because it was still super plentiful. A full shattered mountain chest run would yield you 700-800 of each refining mat before the buff last week. Afterwards that jumped to about 1200. it's not that big of a deal, I promise you. That is, unless they reverted AND nerfed.
I had done parts, but never a full run. Myrkgard alone has like 80+ chests. I didnt do my first FULL run till yesterday when Lumi was trying to complete his legendary epic. I havent even attempted to do my legendaries because BOTH my preferred weapons, S/S and Hammer, have a busted quest line. Although it would be nice, my weapons arent that far off from 580 anyways.

Is Syndicate the predominate faction on Vingolf? Thinking I may transfer there, but I'm Covenant right now. Although I'm not entirely sure I can change factions to Syndicate on my server either.
The transfer is a token, so you can use it later. I would hold off until the dust settles on server transfers cause Im pretty sure underdog factions everywhere are going to transfer to different servers making it a complete shit show. Your hurr-durr player is going to transfer to a dominate zerg server for their faction, making that problem even more evident. Your thoughtful player is going to transfer to a balanced server, throwing that "balance" out of whack tilting the scales into one faction being a dominate faction.

Hopefully some power guilds will be hungry for PVP and switch to a low pop server so they can actually have some legitimate PVP fights. Related to what Morrow has been saying though, Syndicate has lost 2 of its territories on Vingolf to blatant abuse of the system and cant get them back because of the same issues and the fact that the changes to influence happened AFTER they lost the territories.

AGS "says" that you cant transfer to a full server - but Im "hoping" that when they say a full server, that they mean a full server for YOUR CURRENT faction. But thats putting a bit too much faith in them.

What is with these big dudes with swords in upper myrkgard. Was clearing with a group minding our own business looting chests, shits easy. This Guy comes out of nowhere, does a double flip onto our faces and instagibs all of us. Guess I gotta wait to finish my legendary.

also, hearing faction life staff is better than the legendary? How dumb if true
Its basically a high level version of the Depths last boss if you forgot that fight. He's one of the first mobs that pushes the pve "meta" a small amount. If you're doing a single group and your healer doesnt have the 30% perk which was just talked about, then the tank cant stand in it and face tank his ass. Meaning he's going to be kiting that fucker everywhere and people are going to die. If the healer does have that perk, then the tank has to have Defensive Stance maxed out on Sword and Shield for when his stamina is about to pop so he doesnt get gibbed even with 1k/sec healing. Was tanking Myrkgard with Lumi yesterday so he could finish his legendary weapon, and it was my first true encounter with the mob and we wiped. After the healer bitched about not standing in the bubble, I did that and we were "mostly" fine. The area is very easily a one group area if your tank and healer are semi competent, but once people found out we were running it - we picked up stragglers every few minutes and by the time I left, we had close to 30 people just following my group around. Out of ALL those people, not a single other tank was there afaik, which I guess is to be expected in MMO's these days. So Im not sure what happened after I left.

Which honestly, I get that AGS doesnt want addons. They dont want your gear score to be public information. They dont want all these little things that could make life easier for PVE content. But you really need to be able to figure out what perks and skills they have going. Let us inspect someone and see their skill tree, their perks, their stat allocation. Fucking trust falling all over the place at 60 with people. People afraid to run Genesis/lazarus on their own dime because theyre scared of what people "say" versus what they are and dont want to waste their Orb. Yet I watched a shit tier streamer do it at 515 gear score and his group was fine.

---

I honestly cant wait to farm these 65 portals and fast forward my water mark quickly into the 560's. Cause it looks like Im going to be headed to Genesis and Lazarus a lot sooner than I expected. But now Ive gotta finish out my stone cutting so I can f'n make the damn orbs after I use mine. Thank god its at like 163 or w/e and only Lazarus is left to learn.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I had done parts, but never a full run. Myrkgard alone has like 80+ chests. I didnt do my first FULL run till yesterday when Lumi was trying to complete his legendary epic. I havent even attempted to do my legendaries because BOTH my preferred weapons, S/S and Hammer, have a busted quest line. Although it would be nice, my weapons arent that far off from 580 anyways.
Apparently the quests are fixed now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Its basically a high level version of the Depths last boss if you forgot that fight. He's one of the first mobs that pushes the pve "meta" a small amount. If you're doing a single group and your healer doesnt have the 30% perk which was just talked about, then the tank cant stand in it and face tank his ass. Meaning he's going to be kiting that fucker everywhere and people are going to die. If the healer does have that perk, then the tank has to have Defensive Stance maxed out on Sword and Shield for when his stamina is about to pop so he doesnt get gibbed even with 1k/sec healing. Was tanking Myrkgard with Lumi yesterday so he could finish his legendary weapon, and it was my first true encounter with the mob and we wiped. After the healer bitched about not standing in the bubble, I did that and we were "mostly" fine. The area is very easily a one group area if your tank and healer are semi competent, but once people found out we were running it - we picked up stragglers every few minutes and by the time I left, we had close to 30 people just following my group around. Out of ALL those people, not a single other tank was there afaik, which I guess is to be expected in MMO's these days. So Im not sure what happened after I left.
I don't know if it's true, but everyone on my server has been saying the loot drops scale inversely with the amount of people there. So zerging shit means your drops get throttled down.

I've only ever done it with a single group once (and it was basically just me and a tank, and we slowly picked up stragglers), so I don't have a good comparison.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, they supposedly fixed the T5 Staff. I know what I will be doing for many many hours now.

When do servers come back up? They do not show as down but I am unable to log in due to timeout.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Well, they supposedly fixed the T5 Staff. I know what I will be doing for many many hours now.

When do servers come back up? They do not show as down but I am unable to log in due to timeout.
Well there's about 200 people in Myrkguard on my server doing the level 65 portals. It's very difficult to get a tag, and some portals still close in 5 seconds. Also we all just got lag detected and booted into a huge queue that isn't moving.

It's a fuckfest.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Really, just hold your horses. I dont think any of us want to be on a server that is ONLY green. Fk that noise.
If you purple fucks would stop attacking gold and actually fight against green instead of rolling over it'd be easier. Gold wins all the fights but green is the true ZERG of bodies for territory flipping and shit. way more 60s due to just more folks rolling green.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Nice that someone did all that work, but reread the title of the thing I posted. It's talking about healing, not damage.
I think this person is wrong. If they are right, than it is implemented badly. Light armor is absolute garbage. Nobody should be using light. And that's silly. Needs improved.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you purple fucks would stop attacking gold and actually fight against green instead of rolling over it'd be easier. Gold wins all the fights but green is the true ZERG of bodies for territory flipping and shit. way more 60s due to just more folks rolling green.

PvP faction games always suffer from bandwagoning. "Get Good" doesn't work when it's 1 vs 1000. Most servers are experiencing this issue atm.

It's early in the game and most people are still leveling so there may be some movement in time. But if things don't change then New World will be a ghost town in a few months.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
1634741731006.png

I think everyone is getting their swords crossed!

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah on my West Coast server it started out Purple dominating, and just snowballed as more new players just joined with the zerg. Not even sure how to combat that or fix that aspect of end game as it's just human nature to want to be "included". I rolled Gold, joined a bigger guild, took control of Ebon Reach and promptly lost it in the first attack to purple.

In theory the idea of a 3 faction deal is really great but not sure how to balance it around populations etc

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Have queues be separate for each faction. It's what wow classic desperately needed and what could work here.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ironically, my server is almost completely split. Purple owns the southern ones, green the (most valuable) middle ones, and yellow the northern ones.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Ironically, my server is almost completely split. Purple owns the southern ones, green the (most valuable) middle ones, and yellow the northern ones.
That is pretty damn solid.

I never understood why they didn't show how many players had/have joined each faction on a server. Not sure if total would be best but maybe active players in the last week or two or something that shows a range (low,med,high). IDK it just seems like if people knew the numbers not EVERYONE would purposefully join the zerg. that shit isn't fun to me.

It 100% is fun when you beat another crew and you are outnumbered though.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
At what point does Everfall/WW drop off as central hubs though and moves to the top ones or do you think Everfall will never lose it's standing as the center of the world?