New World

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah there are a lot of bonkers things right now.

I’ve started seeing void gauntlet/rapier players literally wiping 10 people in OPR. It’s insane. Let alone the fact that GA still hasn’t been addressed.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm on one of the top 2 populated EU servers and war rosters aren't even filling up for side territoies. It used to be you at least had a full guild or a full list of people, and on top of that another several pages of randoms you don't know and even other faction people. But a weavers war just went thru with only 30 defenders and today an ebonscale war that they could only get like 40 for.

Bad times, particularly on EU with no marketplace. It's not fun to play with no marketplace with the weight restrictions, and by the time they fix it, a bunch of EU players will have already moved on.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
It's actually kind of hilarious that they are going to leave EU without a marketplace for probably weeks. Also hilarious that there are quests to mine the wood doggos that you just can't do now, and that they still haven't scaled back named elite hp and tons of newer players are just quitting in frustration when they hit various main quest roadblocks that require them to kill a lvl 35 mob that behaves as if it is now level 65.
Had an elite bear hit me for 2k damage and had like a million billion fucking hp.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah there are a lot of bonkers things right now.

I’ve started seeing void gauntlet/rapier players literally wiping 10 people in OPR. It’s insane. Let alone the fact that GA still hasn’t been addressed.
Are you one of the ones that think that GA is somehow super OP?

Also void gauntlet is removing all buffs not jut the combat ones, shit like food buffs, etc... People on test server said this thing is OP as fuck but no one listened.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I kill plenty of GA users so I don’t think OP is the right way to describe it.

But it needs to be adjusted. Having no skill ceiling(weapon is ez mode) coupled with the damage output is not balanced.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ahh... Let me guess one of the salty mages that got the rightful pee pee smack by devs and is all salty now.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Me? I have everything BUT mage weapons capped. I went GA/hatchet for a long time and got bored af. So easy it wasn’t even fun.

Like the weapon all you’d like, it doesn’t change the fact that it is too faceroll easy for the impact it has.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im mostly sword and board hammer tank. Well was since I have not logged in a few days now. But have used GA , also have spear and hatchet maxxed as well. But thinking that somehow GA has no skill ceiling is silly as fuck as like 2 of our war flank dudes have like 30-50 kills per war and top the dmg charts consistently, even beating out mages back when they were super OP (Which of course mages made the other top 10 in kills and dmg). I wonder why the other 20 or so GA users dont even come close to those 2 people if they are faceroll as you say they are? It might look like facerolle easy but trust, there is some skill there.

Also they might take a look at musket faggots next since some shit is busted when they crouch and snipe people for 1/4 or 1/3 their health, or 1/2 if you are a squishy. From a mile away crouched on some rock.

Cybsled

Only reason they are doing that is there is some very specific spec you can run with muskets that have a void gem slotted that lets you do bonkers damage in PVP. Outside of that very specific build, they aren't doing great damage

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Either way this game has way bigger issues than balance at the moment, lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Only reason they are doing that is there is some very specific spec you can run with muskets that have a void gem slotted that lets you do bonkers damage in PVP. Outside of that very specific build, they aren't doing great damage
Why void gem and not arcane gem? Or does it not matter?

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The issues this game has all stem back to the inexperience or failure to learn from past MMO disasters by the Dev team. This looks like a dozen or so MMO launches where the team doesn't know what the fuck they are doing, the Company is green as shit, the QA process is either non-existent or invisible inside of the org. Doesn't start out too bad, people are having fun but there are some issues, then as more issues are discovered the Dev team starts jerking the wheel, veering all over the road rather than making small adjustments. Then big things start to happen and the Team panicks and start to take drastic measures, stops communicating, etc. This hasn't been a straight line but its like watching a drunk trying to sober up on the way to the door after falling down the stairs on the way out.

All of the code/exploit bullshit, of which there is a ton, pales in comparison to how fucked up AGS/the New World team is at managing the game itself. If this were anyone else, it would might kill the company outright ; because they have Bezos bucks, hopefully someone will come in and do an MPR/AAR and a real 360 at all levels after the next quarterly review or whenever they have to report to senior mgmt about the results here.

• 2Like

Cybsled

The biggest thing they need to do is shut down the chorus that screams for the game to be anti-WoW, but in doing so, screams down ANY change that even sniffs of WoW.

Yes, it's fine to not be WoW. But people forget that many core MMO improvements were popularized in WoW and are good things. Some things this game needs to do in general

1) Accessibility of content: If people can't access your content on a larger scale, then it may as well not exist. Dungeon and Arena Fight orbs are big standouts here, at least as currently designed. No one wants to grind for hours to craft an orb that is only good for a single dungeon run and their watermark system discourages people from using this valuable resource. Make them buyable for a reasonable amount of faction tokens (and just tokens, no gold) would be my suggestion.

2) Cross Realm / Server Grouping instanced PVP (Outpost Rush): Outpost Rush needs an inter-server matching component. Smaller servers sometimes only see a single OPR a day. Make some coding so that if the # of people queuing on your server is under some number, then it automatically pools you with other lower queue servers to get people into matches

3) Add some type of FF14 style Custom Deliveries/Leve Quest system for crafting - limited usage during a given week/day system where a player can gain a decent amount of crafting or gathering XP for less materials cost than just straight up grinding - acts as a natural catchup mechanic and improves daily login metrics if they care about that

4) Scaling non-instanced content that rewards the boost in difficulty: If they want to boost elite difficulty based on the # of people running the content, then they need to boost the rewards to match. The problem is they have the "less loot drops the more people there are" mechanic running, while at the same time boosting mob difficulty a lot. Reward people for running shit together and reward the takedown of harder enemies by improving loot quantity and quality.

5) Diminishing returns on CC in PVP - why this doesn't exist, I have no clue. It turns every group PVP fight into the "who can stun the most people for the longest". This is especially compounded in wars.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I kill plenty of GA users so I don’t think OP is the right way to describe it.

But it needs to be adjusted. Having no skill ceiling(weapon is ez mode) coupled with the damage output is not balanced.
That's the real problem. GA doesn't require a lot of skill to excel with, so people run into a lot of dangerous GA's. Even so, it still is the most powerful PvP weapon right now and a skillfull GA is definitely way more dangerous than an average GA, but an average GA is way stronger than most other average other weapons. But it's not as powerful as many people make it out to be. Fire was nerfed too hard, but it was too strong. We used to have a Fire mage that got 40k score every single war, while the closest 2nd was always like 30k, and he'd always have an extra 1mil damage more than anyone else and dozen more kills. He got innocently banned tho and quit lmao. So never got to see what he could do even with nerfs.

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He got innocently banned tho and quit lmao.

doubt.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In eq like 99 out of 100 supposed innocents were actually guilty. I never bought it when people claimed they dindu nuffin. New world I totally believe people. Cs is dumb.