New World

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Upper teens you really need to start grouping together for invasions to get any semblance of fast exp. Theyre nerfing everything else, so it looks as though they want it this way. Im all for joining up with you guys if we pick a solid server. Speaking of invasion groups, has anyone gotten a chest thats tier 2 or 3?

Hammer is great for soloing but slow af dps with 10+ people beating on the same mobs. (Which is likely why I always get a tier 1 chest if the others exist) I would have Hatchet a higher level, but Hammer just wrecks NPC's so much cleaner. Maybe in retail I'll start with Hatchet asap and force myself to kill shit with it. I dont enjoy the 2h Axe playstyle. Sword and Board seems weak. I can overhead slam someone using sword/board with a Hammer and it knocks their stamina to 0 if theyre blocking. Leaving them wide open. I havent given other weapons the time of day, but Im hoping as time goes, I get to see some more people using other weapons effectively. But really, I feel like they need to do a lot of work on getting weapons on an even playing ground or we're going to continue to see the same weapons all the time.

As far as Heavy Armor, its great in most situations until you run into those Ghosts that you cant stun etc. Their damage is elemental of some type. The little dudes in Invasions that chuck fire bolts at you f'k you up as well if you have three or four of them on you at the same time. Though I still feel like those types of NPC's would still fuck you up with Light Armor in those situations. The other side of this is that you can socket each piece of Heavy Armor with gems that reduce a percentage of damage towards certain attributes. I can clearly see a Heavy Armor suit with full Ice damage reduction gems being a thing in PVP.

I logged out tonight when I died to a guy that looked like it belonged in WoW's Torghast was chasing me, and a medium sized dragon (Wyvern?) popped out of no where knocking me down. I had no business being in that area, but I was trying to force my faction quest completion. So there are definitely more mobs to see! lol

Just to help some of you - This is a really useful interactive map if you're looking for teleport Shrines, resources, etc.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Invasions? Those spots around the map that have a like a red diamond icon? I ran into one on accident , sky turned red, then next thing I know this huge tentacle shot me with 2 fireballs and killed me from quite the distance. I made sure to never run into those things again.

I enjoyed blightwood, the atmosphere there was great. Reminded me so much of my first time in darkshire.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So some thoughts after getting to lvl 18 with a Bow/Sword and Board Syndicate.

I won 3 duels against same lvl bros, all with sword and board. I beat a 2 hand axe guy a rapier dude and a hatchet bro. Block is extremely useful in pvp.

One aspect that I havent really thought about until getting some pvp experience is the zero cooldown for switching between weapons. The rapier guy I fought kept switching between rapier and hatchet, blowing cooldowns and trying to just blast me down. Problem was I blocked it all then chipped away at him until he died. With no cooldowns for switching, you can run a 3 weapon character and just cycle through your 3 sets of cooldowns. Hell, why not 4? It will be less specialized than someone who focuses on one weapon, but at higher levels I see this being effective.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do you manually update this game? I am getting a client not matching program error despite not seeing anyway to update the program from Steam. Why does this game not automatically run the update???

Caliane

LOL watching some of the 50vs 50 base fights from yesterday they have some work to do. For one people are claiming that like lv25 dudes get powered up to lv 60 and are like the same power as a dude that IS 60 with all Elite gear on they farmed up. this should not be happening. Whats the point of grinding all that shit if you get absolutely no benefit from it. I understand there needs to be some scaling here, sure I get that. But those lv 25s with green ass weapons should not be doing same dmg and same defenses as a fully leveled up and geared 60. So they got some work on scaling thats for sure.

Also watching some of the fights like WTF is up with the respawns for the defenders? They die and get to respawn like literally right on the points. SO whats the point of killing them in the first place when they just respawn 5-10 seconds later right on the point. They should be spawning inside their base so they have to treck their asses back to the fight and allow the attackers a chance to take the point. I was like WTF is up with this BS when watching that. Either that or make the respawn timers way longer, like 30-45 seconds.

The fight I watched the attackers had no chance because the defenders were pretty much spawn rushing the points for the entire 30 min.
am I imagining that capturing graveyard respawn points was a thing in some mmo? was it wow Alterac valley? or wow with towns somehow. man been so long now..

obvs, yeah. respawn points should be a separate capturable point control.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I haven't been keeping up at all with this.
Is this game going to be any fun for filthy casuals playing solo for an hour a night?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont see why not. I only play for about an hour or so a day and I have got to lvl 18 in like 4 days. I have killed ppl in pvp and enjoyed lvling and crafting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
How do you manually update this game? I am getting a client not matching program error despite not seeing anyway to update the program from Steam. Why does this game not automatically run the update???
Steam automatically updates it for me...

update.jpg

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I cannot get into the game right now. I keep getting a server client mismatch error. I use Steam as my access point. There appears to be no way to manually check latest version and update as appropriate. I am assuming that the servers are just messed up. They have had a bad weekend for Servers as they were down a lot yesterday as well.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So Steam does not always auto update this game.

If you get a Client Mismatch to server error -80. Go to the title of the game on the left side of your game files on Steam. Left Click the name and click on Properties. Then choose to Verify the intergrity of game files. It will then run a test that leads to the download needed to update the game.

The More You Know Kitty GIF

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Alright, I picked this up. I'm sure ill still be level 12 in 6 months, but let me know what server to aim for
Just pick the lowest pop one for now for the queues and learn the systems and game a bit. Then pick a real server when it launches.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like another territory has been taken over this morning for Barzahk. Looks like a really healthy balance atm. (and yes, there are areas I cant reach for quests. Will they be in at launch, Idk.)
Barzakh Map.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It really helps if whoever owns a territory (preferably by the faction you're in) to upgrade the various workshops AND have a full list of Town missions. Getting Steel+ gathering tools is really nice. Armor/Weapons you'll get from your Faction npc. If they can manage to make territory acquisition fun, without pushing away the PvE carebears, the game will probably do well.

• 2Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Looks like another territory has been taken over this morning for Barzahk. Looks like a really healthy balance atm. (and yes, there are areas I cant reach for quests. Will they be in at launch, Idk.)
View attachment 363979
This happened earlier today around lunch time EST. Love the server dynamics of this game. The core of the game is working extremely well