New World

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
This is going to end up just like Atlas, isn't it? I should probably cancel my pre-order.

Damn.
I mean its got 131k viewers on twitch right now and it's a Thursday afternoon of Open Beta. I'm sure it will be fun for at least three months if you like MMOs or PVP or aren't married to something.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is going to end up just like Atlas, isn't it? I should probably cancel my pre-order.

Damn.
In my opinion, the only thing you should care about is "will this give me enough hours of entertainment for x dollars". If you think it does, then play until bored. If you dont think it will then refund. Worrying about long term is just dumb.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The higher end PC's I have actually had more issues in the week long closed beta than the lower end PC's. I personally didnt think maxxed out graphics were all that much better than what my lowest PC can do at good FPS. G/f's 2070 Super computer kept crashing and freezing all the time for example.

The life staff nerfs were needed imo. Hatchet / Life staff / Heavy armor combo pretty much made you a one man wrecking ball. So much so that it outclassed the other weapon combos by a large margin. With how much extra damage, extra hp, and nerfs to potions have went - a Healer isnt going to have a hard time finding a group anyways. Also glad they nerfed town board missions again. I dont think they are fun in the least, so maybe a more rounded combat route will be viable.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I cant believe some of these streamers are actually re-leveling their characters only to turn around and do it for the 3rd time when game releases. I know its their job and all but damn, talk about redundancy and boredom. And probably a hate and severe burnout for this games leveling when it finally releases, lol.

Dude, it's way different when you're getting paid to do it. If I was getting paid what a relatively popular streamer gets I'd be fine playing Minesweeper 8 hours a day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Fucks sake...

PC hit a wall as this shit loaded...

aaaaaa.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

Fucks sake...

PC hit a wall as this shit loaded...

View attachment 371893
I would have figured that they would have changed how they render a month after everyone said the same thing. The amount of them outside the city was way dialed down after a couple days, but that still doesnt change the fact that they cripple even chonky boi PC's.

Daidraco

Shouldn't it be simple to just have a "render other players fires? Y/N" setting?
They apparently really like the idea that you can use other peoples camps. To bad you get fucked if they move that shit to a new location.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shouldn't it be simple to just have a "render other players fires? Y/N" setting?

It should. Not sure how that option isn't in there. It basically lags out every starter town even more.

Sure you can bind at someone elses fire, buy why would you, when its dependent on them not destroying or moving it. Even then no reason not to have the option.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It's even worse in town. I am running worse now than I was in the previous beta. I'm dipping into the 20's FPS.

This is medium settings at 4Kish. RX 6800. 32G 3600 RAM. 7700K@ 4.9Mhz. I even turned up the RGB!

ffffffffffff.jpg

Oldbased

> Than U

Damn.
I mean I have like 4000 hours in atlas now and still play it. 99.9% on unofficial servers though with a population and lots of mods. It's all about what makes you happy, not some streamer.

• 2Like

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Same here with performance on a 3080. Playable but very noticeably worse than the last closed beta.

Also, I had some sound issues as well; as if there's not enough channels to play all nearby sounds and sfx. (Confirmed with some friends on other servers)

I'll still be playing it, but hopefully they have enough time to sort out the performance issues.

Daidraco

WTF did they break? I was getting mad frames on my 3070 and 1080 last beta.
Probably something specific to his setup. When I logged on just to see if there were any major changes, the only stutter I got was from the camp fires. Pretty sure Brahma uses a high end card like my Media Center's, so I dont think its related to Nvidia?
Same here with performance on a 3080. Playable but very noticeably worse than the last closed beta.

Also, I had some sound issues as well; as if there's not enough channels to play all nearby sounds and sfx. (Confirmed with some friends on other servers)

I'll still be playing it, but hopefully they have enough time to sort out the performance issues.
Well now Im just lost a bit. I had dips, but maybe I just didnt notice the dips you guys were.