New World

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The forum representative said in the closed beta that there is no work around intended at "that time" for people to be able to start together. Stating that you have to finish the MSQ up to a point.. where I want to say, was after you choose your covenant or the next quest leads you to the Hermit west of Windsward. Not a deal breaker for most people I would imagine, but not ideal. Im sure people can think of ways to handle it better, but since the system is already in place - changing or making code for that option doesnt seem practical in my mind.
nie50nrp50n71.png

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Have the FoH people who are interested in this come launch day, selected a server that they are playing on? (I remember seeing a poll/list of server possibilities, but cannot find it now)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Have the FoH people who are interested in this come launch day, selected a server that they are playing on? (I remember seeing a poll/list of server possibilities, but cannot find it now)

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Why are these assholes releasing on a Tuesday? And why haven't they announced when servers are coming up. SMH

culture is a bane - can't escape it lol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
BoozeCube BoozeCube Didnt you guys pick whitemane because you all wanted to haze Asmongold or something? Or am I member berries wrong? If you did, how did that work out in relation to the other servers population wise?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
BoozeCube BoozeCube Didnt you guys pick whitemane because you all wanted to haze Asmongold or something? Or am I member berries wrong? If you did, how did that work out in relation to the other servers population wise?

No we picked Whitemane partially because it wasn't the streamer server. Oddly enough Whitemane became the largest of all servers throughout all of classic and still is to this day, not that we had any way of knowing back then, it has also been one of the better balanced horde/ally servers throughout. For longevity I still think it was the best server option we could have had but the stubbornness of Blizzard to take actions on heavily imbalanced and dead servers to milk transfer money is another reason I finally called it quits.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I don't believe that's why since he wasn't on the server. They did a good job picking Whitemane, even though the queues were ridiculous in spurts- it had the legs and solid balanced population that most others didn't. Atleast when I played.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why are these assholes releasing on a Tuesday? And why haven't they announced when servers are coming up. SMH

culture is a bane - can't escape it lol

Maybe I am misremembering, but a Tuesday game launch seems pretty normal to me.

• 1Like

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tuesday releases work for me personally. I’ll start my character and play a bit, in the hopes that by my planned long weekend that week, a lot of the launch nonsense is sorted so I can pretend I’m young again and poopsock a bit.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am going to troll the fuck out of this game. Who is leading the FOH guild?

Daidraco

I am going to troll the fuck out of this game. Who is leading the FOH guild?
Im sure someone will have a PRX attitude to lead the PVP shit, but a random will probably create the guild.

I think the most fun I had in Closed Beta was with a couple people I randomly linked up with out in the Buffalo area. We all flagged and laid prone. Once a Buffalo would die near us, one of us would pop up and skin it. The attacker would likely get pissy and flag on the one person taking his kill, then the rest of us would pop out of prone and kill him. Talk about drinking all night and laughing like mother fuckers. :p

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure if posted before, but this interactive New World map is pretty slick. Definitely builds the interest. Good marketing stuff right there.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Not sure if posted before, but this interactive New World map is pretty slick. Definitely builds the interest. Good marketing stuff right there.

That ones nice. Not sure I get the reason for the Fog of War thing, but its cool. I spent probably half an hour to an hour exploring Riot's League of Legends map, so theyre definitely cool in a marketing and lore kind of way.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Im sure someone will have a PRX attitude to lead the PVP shit, but a random will probably create the guild.
I feel like GW2 release and guild / Tuco was an organized and successful affair.

The fog of war removal makes it 3D if you zoom in.

• 1Like

Daidraco

I feel like GW2 release and guild / Tuco was an organized and successful affair.

The fog of war removal makes it 3D if you zoom in.
I dont care what the tag is under, honestly. If the guys in PRX want to lead this round into New World, Im fine with that. I think a lot of people here would be. But I havent heard from PRX since.. well.. Guild Wars 2.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are in crowfall iirc.

Edit: seems they moved from their old website to some Guilded.gg thing.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I’ll be leading the FoH guild. We will be top guild on server.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users