New World

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Dungeons have a double problem: you have to farm a key to even run it, then you have to get a group. They can’t keep both things and expect dungeons to see any use outside the first one.

Imagine if to raid Vex Thal, you had to refarm the key between raids. That’s what dungeons feel like right now
Eh bit of an extreme exaggeration considering it's about 10x easier to farm and only 1 person needs it per 5 people. It's really not that bad as most of the time you can just do LFG for x dungeon and get in pretty easily.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I must be missing something on the spear with you nerds speaking so highly of it. I've leveled it up to like 10 now, same as my warhammer, and it just feels like ass. The 2-hit light attack combo is slow as fuck and the extra length on the spear doesn't near make up for how narrow the hit cone is. The specials I've got are the forward leap attack/triple stab/kick stun thing, and while the stun is nice the damage on the rest of the package is pathetic compared to warhammer. The spear I've got is purple and ~30 item level higher than my blue warhammer and it takes me twice as long to kill anything?

Warhammer just flows so insanely well with heavy > special > heavy, repeat until thing is dead. It's got mondo CC built in and the crit damage on heavies is completely bonkers.
Are you mainly strength? Because spear is dext.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I must be missing something on the spear with you nerds speaking so highly of it. I've leveled it up to like 10 now, same as my warhammer, and it just feels like ass. The 2-hit light attack combo is slow as fuck and the extra length on the spear doesn't near make up for how narrow the hit cone is. The specials I've got are the forward leap attack/triple stab/kick stun thing, and while the stun is nice the damage on the rest of the package is pathetic compared to warhammer. The spear I've got is purple and ~30 item level higher than my blue warhammer and it takes me twice as long to kill anything?

Warhammer just flows so insanely well with heavy > special > heavy, repeat until thing is dead. It's got mondo CC built in and the crit damage on heavies is completely bonkers.
Spear is ok if youre going against lone enemies, sometimes 2, but when you have more than that better put it away. Its super powerful though with its debuffs and bleeds, plus when you get the CCskills like sweep, its only even better. Later on in the 40+ you get spears that have bonuses such as %dmg heals, and other debuffs for other skills like empower, bleed chance on sweep, etc...

Like this one...
1633716974934.png

Spear is not bad but its slow and you get stuck in animations that do have a narrow cone. If you wan the best pve weapon then choose hatchet. That thing mows down enemises like none other, its fast has a good cone it also heals you as well.

Only reason im leveling spear right now is because both my great axe and hatchet are both 20. My hammer is at like 13 thats next for the wars. I personally dont like the hammer TBH, Id rather roll with the great axe in PVP and hatchet in PvE.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, my build is officially worthless I think. Although it may just be that I need to start investing in amber gems. That whole super fast respawn (and close spawns) in higher level zones is becoming deadly.

I just don't put out nearly enough damage. I'll see if I can find some cheap gems, but if not, I may just abandon healing altogether.

Xerge

<Donor>
Just up in the air about what I want to compliment the sword and shield with. Hammer? Great axe? Hatchet for Berzerk?

I’m on the plane now and already can’t wait to get back and play some more. Haven’t felt that way about a game in years.
Hammer provides the most. S&S/GH will be PVE tanking meta imo
  1. aoe taunt
  2. aoe weaken debuff
  3. cleave cc via knockback
  4. 20% slow via any debuff
  5. group buff; fortify via the cleave
  6. ST debuff; Rend, from the left side tree
On top of S&S benefits like two taunts, another aoe rend debuff for greater uptime, 30% reduced dmg on block for you and homies, blocking also granting fortify for good uptime, and the rest of the passives, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Naw my str/dex are basically equal. I use my bow a fuckload so I keep them both up, but I'm sure eventually I'll need to specialize further than trying to level two main stats.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

I've been using that combo for awhile, bit switched to Heavy-light, Q, Heavy-light, R, heavy-light, E. Melts everything.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hammer provides the most. S&S/GH will be PVE tanking meta imo
  1. aoe taunt
  2. aoe weaken debuff
  3. cleave cc via knockback
  4. 20% slow via any debuff
  5. group buff; fortify via the cleave
  6. ST debuff; Rend, from the left side tree
On top of S&S benefits like two taunts, another aoe rend debuff for greater uptime, 30% reduced dmg on block for you and homies, blocking also granting fortify for good uptime, and the rest of the passives, etc.
In a group? sure, whatevs, but for solo type shit which I do 90% of the time hatchet is IMO best pve weapon, and holds its own in pvp as well for dps flanking and complements my great axe.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Best part about hatchet is the berserk heal and run speed. Half the time you won't even need to eat.

Re: Spear, I only have been keeping up on war stuff, but basically people said that everything it does can be done better with other weapons. Meta coming out of beta is basically a lot of life staves and great axes, plus mageshit like ice gauntlets and fire staff.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Best part about hatchet is the berserk heal and run speed. Half the time you won't even need to eat.

Re: Spear, I only have been keeping up on war stuff, but basically people said that everything it does can be done better with other weapons. Meta coming out of beta is basically a lot of life staves and great axes, plus mageshit like ice gauntlets and fire staff.
Plus with hatchet a few spec points in throwing gives you a pulling mechanic too.

Also worst part in fighting like every mob in this game is the stupid stagger/knock down bullshit which berserk mitigates.

In war (ive been to 3 so far) all I have seen melee use for the most part is great axe/hammer for the majority and sword and shield minor, plus all the ranged and ice/fire staff shenanigance in the back lines. And of course healers. Healers are a premium in wars of course. Last night our attack only had 4 healers and if you can guess we did not do so well, lol.

Last edited:

Xerge

<Donor>
In a group? sure, whatevs, but for solo type shit which I do 90% of the time hatchet is IMO best pve weapon, and holds its own in pvp as well for dps flanking and complements my great axe.
Oh yeah, I assumed the question was for pve dungeon tanking. Solo play hatchet is king

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
My only serious gripe with this game is the dungeon key. I’ve done what feels like an absolute shit load of portals and still don’t have enough mats.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
"Full server". HMMMMMmmmm, but what does that mean since like 70% of the servers hit "full" at some point and locked character creation?

It means serious guilds who want to transfer have to try and find other serious guilds also transfering to an essentially empty server.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
"Full server". HMMMMMmmmm, but what does that mean since like 70% of the servers hit "full" at some point and locked character creation?

It means serious guilds who want to transfer have to try and find other serious guilds also transfering to an essentially empty server.
I want an entirely purple map though....