New World

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got a soulsprout flower if u want it im on vingolf.

I found it in a random swamp grove.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
1063730_20211008091257_1.png

I'm lvl 45. Getting all these leveled is a ton of fucking mats and time. Also, furniture can piss off for now but I'm gonna need those chests eventually lol.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got a soulsprout flower if u want it im on vingolf.

I found it in a random swamp grove.
I'm on a different server. But this is my point, you have one. That makes a single potion. That's kind of fucked.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Ive ran it multiple times for exp. Some people are just bad, and unfortunately - a shitty healer or tank is way more evident in this game. One group I was in, we all used the corruption weapon coating on the last boss and he just melted. I'm really starting to be in the weapon coating camp for everything cause that shit is just so good. Your whole group doing an extra 20-30% damage, smacking his ass for 1200-1500 damage light hits is just obnoxious.

That's good advice, I'll try it out. I noticed you cannot initiate trades while in a dungeon, so be sure to hand the coatings out while outside ;)

• 2Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm on a different server. But this is my point, you have one. That makes a single potion. That's kind of fucked.

I do agree that for many recipes, the materials costs make them 100% economically unviable. The replica armors and special named crafts are another example. If they acted as transmogs it would be one thing, but instead you get an item that is woefully underpowered compared to peer items that cost far less. They really do need to re-examine a lot of the crafts

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, went Syndicate. Hopefully that's the right one. Any ossifers on who can invite? Or is guild full?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I’ve started getting T5 legendary skins. Just emptied my bags yesterday and noticed I had 7 of them. Didn’t even realize I picked them up. So I guess they aren’t “that” rare cause I don’t have any luck modifiers currently equipped. No where near 200 mining though. Just got to 100 last night, but maybe the level has something to do with luck too? Cause I haven’t gotten any above green components from mining.

My armor smithing is up to 146 just from doing the town board stuff repeatedly. I’m 57 now and when I get back into town on Monday, I’ll knock out the last three levels and craft a tank set. May need to grind armor smithing up to 200. Will have to see what I can crank out. Just up in the air about what I want to compliment the sword and shield with. Hammer? Great axe? Hatchet for Berzerk?

I’m on the plane now and already can’t wait to get back and play some more. Haven’t felt that way about a game in years.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Ok, so the game is alright. I enjoy logging in to mindlessly run around harvesting shit tons of mats, crafting, and generally watching the various progress bars go up.

The mobs are no push over, and I get my ass handed to me regularly. That being said, my reflexes are getting a LOT better as I either have to learn to blade dance with these mobs, or die. I can dodge pretty damned good now. As a Rapier/Rifle player, I was really surprised last night when I got jumped by five mobs at the same time, and managed to dance in, around, and out of their strike zones long enough to take them all down. That was exhilarating.

I went on my first dungeon run last night as well. It looked cool, and the boss mob at the end was pretty interesting. The thing that I didn't like about it was the hectic kill, run, kill, run, try to keep up with the group or get lost (because they had done it before, and I had not) pace of it. That's one of the BIG reasons I ended up hating World of Warcraft. In WoW, most of the time, I felt like I never really got to experience the dungeons because it was a constant race to the end. I'm sure a lot of people like that fast action style of gaming. I get it. I'm an old fucker that likes slow games like EverQuest.

That all being said, I think the game was worth the money, and I will definitely keep playing it as my "other" game because why the fuck not. It's not like it cost me anything to keep playing it, and there are a lot of aspects about the game that are really fucking good like the visuals. Holy fuck that Asian-themed area to the left of Brightwood is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait until I am high enough level to explore it fully.

So, then... here's food for thought. Every MMORPG since the beginning of the genre has ended up being changed from something that the people playing it liked to something that they fucking hated eventually due to the design changes with expansions. I imagine that New World will not be immune to the trend of game designers fucking up a good thing.

So, just for fun. What do you all think they will do to ruin the game in the future?

My guesses are:
  • Make dropped gear better than crafted and drop so often that crafting becomes useless
  • Normalize all of the various builds to the point where no build feels unique because you know people will whine about xyz build beating their shitty build
  • Remove any need to go to any dungeons by making it all work from a Dungeon Finder that matches you up and teleports everyone to the dungeon (ala WoW)

• 2Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dungeons have a double problem: you have to farm a key to even run it, then you have to get a group. They can’t keep both things and expect dungeons to see any use outside the first one.

Imagine if to raid Vex Thal, you had to refarm the key between raids. That’s what dungeons feel like right now

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So, just for fun. What do you all think the majority of players (filthy lazy casuals) will whine about til the devs cave and ruin the game in the future?

My guesses are:
  • Make dropped gear better than crafted and drop so often that crafting becomes useless
  • Normalize all of the various builds to the point where no build feels unique because you know people will whine about xyz build beating their shitty build
  • Remove any need to go to any dungeons by making it all work from a Dungeon Finder that matches you up and teleports everyone to the dungeon (ala WoW)

FTFY

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok, so the game is alright. I enjoy logging in to mindlessly run around harvesting shit tons of mats, crafting, and generally watching the various progress bars go up.

The mobs are no push over, and I get my ass handed to me regularly. That being said, my reflexes are getting a LOT better as I either have to learn to blade dance with these mobs, or die. I can dodge pretty damned good now. As a Rapier/Rifle player, I was really surprised last night when I got jumped by five mobs at the same time, and managed to dance in, around, and out of their strike zones long enough to take them all down. That was exhilarating.
This is definitely nice, but around level 45 or so they start respawning so fast that by the time you clear the first few that swarmed you, well, you get to start over. It's a bit ridiculous.

• 1Solidarity

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Dungeons have a double problem: you have to farm a key to even run it, then you have to get a group. They can’t keep both things and expect dungeons to see any use outside the first one.

Imagine if to raid Vex Thal, you had to refarm the key between raids. That’s what dungeons feel like right now
I don't think I would consider what I had to do in this game to get the key to run the first dungeon to be anywhere even in the same universe as compared to what it required to get a Vex Thal key. Not even slightly.

To me, needing to get the key to run the dungeon each time kind of makes running the dungeon feel more special. I think that with out that, the dungeons would feel insanely forgettable just like every dungeon in every WoW clone made to date.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
At least New World's dungeons don't have level 1 placeholder NPCs in them when you finally get the key. That's an improvement!

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
There is another catch to this problem. If you die on the boss, you do not get quest credit...........even if your remaining players kill him.

I find that to be kind of shitty. As bad as its targeting can be, it is easy to suddenly have no health. The death ray as an example can look like it will hit you and then you take no damage. You can be behind him and on his left and one wild swing nails you still.

The game has some work left just to get it fixed to this release point.

Ok, let me update this as I figured out what is going on.

If you are trying to complete a dungeon boss quest and you die during the combat, do not hit respawn until either the group is all dead or they have killed the boss. If you respawn during the combat, you lose both the boss loot and the quest advance if they kill the boss. I do not understand why respawning during the combat should matter, but it currently does.
I ran the second dungeon under the shattered obelisk with Daidraco yesterday and got full credit even after backing into some laser beams at the end of the fight and instagibbing. I released and stood outside the arena watching through the lasers. I wonder if it has something to do with the amount of damage? I would guess that the 'group tag' would be enough.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I must be missing something on the spear with you nerds speaking so highly of it. I've leveled it up to like 10 now, same as my warhammer, and it just feels like ass. The 2-hit light attack combo is slow as fuck and the extra length on the spear doesn't near make up for how narrow the hit cone is. The specials I've got are the forward leap attack/triple stab/kick stun thing, and while the stun is nice the damage on the rest of the package is pathetic compared to warhammer. The spear I've got is purple and ~30 item level higher than my blue warhammer and it takes me twice as long to kill anything?

Warhammer just flows so insanely well with heavy > special > heavy, repeat until thing is dead. It's got mondo CC built in and the crit damage on heavies is completely bonkers.

• 1Solidarity

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can see me wanting to build keys for the final dungeon. Not going to bother for the ones up too the last dungeon.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
don't think I would consider what I had to do in this game to get the key to run the first dungeon to be anywhere even in the same universe as compared to what it required to get a Vex Thal key. Not even slightly.

That is why I excluded the first dungeon in my post. The game gives you orbs for the first dungeon through various means (unlock quest gives you one, I think anothe orb can drop inside as loot rarely, and crafting). Later dungeons are less generous and the only way to get keys is to run greater rifts for hours for the -chance- of getting enough corrupted shard types needed to craft. Oh ya, the orbs are also BOP, so you also have to be a high enough crafter to even make the orb

It’s a dumb fucking system. It’s like they took the mythic+ keys, made them even more annoying to run, and also require you be a high level crafter to make them

Why the fuck would I want to pug higher level dungeons and meet new people when the key takes hours of my time to make? Dungeons are going to be underutilized content in a game already lacking content

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I figured out why sometimes travel costs 200+azoth and others 50 azoth... Its all about the weight youre carrying. The less weight the better the price. If you already knew this and I didnt, well !m a dumbass, lol.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf