New World

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I am pretty big on the PVP but I think I am too soft to want full loot or even item loot these days.

I got no problem sending someone on a run back but other penalties are a god way to trim the player base quickly from having people to "prey" upon.

But make edens, cleave, shattered into auto flag FFA zones and I would be super happy or just give me a PVP server I can move to ree irl.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I would not be surprised if they add a PVP flagged only zone relatively soon. If they find a way to prevent people from zerging with 40 man raids through all of it, it could be some of the most fun content in the game. PVP in this game absolutely shines in even numbers in the 2-5 realm, but that essentially never occurs. 1v1 it's a lot more rock paper scissors and in zerg pvp it's a combination of timing hard hitting abilities against full healing ground shit and navigating lag. Shroud's been playing and warring a couple times a day and you can just see what a shit show it can become. He put out like 1.6 MILLION damage last war I watched and had like 12 actual kills. Just damage everywhere all the time, but it's almost all instantly healed away.

One of the things that would've helped keep people around the 30+ mark would've been BG's. No one really wants to flag in their 30's while questing because you have level 57's running through mid and low tier zones getting hemp and fiber and they're going to absolutely wreck you. I think Warhammer was the one game that MOSTLY got it right by having multiple, MULTIPLE BG's tied to level tiers that were fun to play and quite worth the exp while doing them. They didn't beat true questing or pub eventing, but they were pretty close to comparible. I think everyone in WAR played the fuck out of the first BG you got with the oddball mechanic. It was unfortunate for a month+ the high level queues were bugged and you only got to play 1 BG the entire time while the other 5 just sat there. Fuckin Serpent's Passage, man.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
"Discovery" is lost, IMO. That's a box that can never be closed thanks to things like Twitch, YouTube, "modern" internet, etc.
Discovery still works in this game since all the info is polluted by worthless 'gaming sites' that are all:

HOW TO SERVER TRANSFER IN NEW WORLD

New World is a popular game and you may be wanting to transfer servers to play with your friend. Keep reading to figure out how.

AD

Amazon New World's mix of crafting and action combat is a refreshing take blah blah blah taking the gaming world by storm blah blah blah queues and servers.

AD

Currently there is no way to server transfer in New World.

HUGE GRID OF CELBRITY CLICKBAIT ADS

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah it's like 25% frustrating and 75% nice that everything hasn't been FULLY discovered. I mean, I'm sure some of you have been in a guild when some world mob dropped some sick purple or legendary no one had any idea existed and you shit your pants. Because now you know you can farm that yourself if you want. Cool shit like that.

However trying to figure out how the fuck to find the crafting mod to make x mod on items or what items it may or may not go on or for instance what every weapon trait is in game is somewhat annoying.

This game has more in common with EQ right now than WoW ever has, and that's pretty neat.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it's like 25% frustrating and 75% nice that everything hasn't been FULLY discovered. I mean, I'm sure some of you have been in a guild when some world mob dropped some sick purple or legendary no one had any idea existed and you shit your pants. Because now you know you can farm that yourself if you want. Cool shit like that.

However trying to figure out how the fuck to find the crafting mod to make x mod on items or what items it may or may not go on or for instance what every weapon trait is in game is somewhat annoying.

This game has more in common with EQ right now than WoW ever has, and that's pretty neat.
Yeah for sure. Anyone know any good legendaries or epics that drop other than the legendary earring everyone has?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well holy shit, the main quest turn in after Dynasty gave me like 2/3 of a level. Still have some grinding to go until 60 though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Digging into the numbers more, found the refining formula. Crafting

Basically it's something like your refining level /10 is a % bonus, then + the bonus inherent from items (steel has a -2% (YES NEGATIVE) chance) + the DIFFERENCE between the item crafted tier and the refining agent tier (re: Tier 4 flux vs Tier 3 steel ingots) which for some reason appears to be 50% for one jump.

So it seems you want to perhaps use your high level fluxes with your low level mats, perhaps, to get just more than double the yield rather than chancing it on the bigger tier items like oricalchum which probably have a huge inherent negative bonus yield chance and match up with the flux tier for basically no bonus to begin with.

Here's what it looks like at 154 smelting:

1633995950652.png

versus green flux

1633996002273.png

Starmetal ingots go from 5% to 10%
Orichalcum ingots go from a 0% chance to a 3% chance.

It may be close but I'm pretty sure the lower level crafting is where to dump your higher level flux, which sounds backasswards, but the net you'll gain is huge.

So if I made 100 steel with 100 green flux I'd net: 163 steel.
If I made 100 Orichalcum with 100 green flux I'd net: 103 Orichalcum.

63 steel is saving me essentially 240 iron ingots (960 iron ore) and 63 white flux (kind of)
3 Orichalcum is saving me 24 Orichalcum Ore + 3 flux, 6 starmetal ingots (36 starmetal ore + 6 flux), 12 steel ingots (36 iron ingots and ~12 flux)

For easy viewing:

960 iron ore and 63 flux

vs

24 Orich ore, 36 starmetal ore, 138 iron ore, and 21 flux

It's actually VERY easy to get high level ore so I'm 95% sure you go all in on your lowest tier mats for the biggest bonus and saving the VAST majority of your gather time. Just make sure to try and get XXXXX's Accumulating armor before you do (2% bonus yield per piece, 5 slots). That'll boost those numbers even higher, but not sure it'll even make a dent in the higher tiers.

• 6Like
  • 1Genius!
Reactions: 6 users

Cybsled

Depends on how you do it. Albion Online has carved out a nice little niche for themselves and they are a "full loot" MMORPG.

Niche is the key word there. Amazon poured a ton of money into this game, "niche" would have been a failure for them.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
There is no doubt they are really have something here. The combat is good/great. The world is fucking incredible. One it really needs is more varied/multi faction public events, with Angry Earth/Lost/Withered etc. popping up in a place and doing their thing. Rolling, multi-stage PVE Public events chains that can seesaw back and forth, like in GW2. The world just isn't big enough yet, though, despite how big it seems on foot and events of that nature may be counter-narrative.

Let's be real on two fronts, though: 1) you are never going to satisfy some people with content. FFXIV probably has some detractors, somewhere. I mean, it has to, its an MMO law. 2) AGS doesn't have it. They could unveil a secret studio that has been working for two years on nothing but content, and 3) Stop the delusion, It doesn't exist. They might have weapons shown somewhere but there is probably lots of stuff on the drawing board/content road map that got dropped for the last couple of polish passes. Which the quests obviously didn't get. Still going to take 6 months to get that stuff out, maybe 3 for the last cut of stuff to be added back. Game is made to be hopped into and out of though, as previously indicated.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Depends on how you do it. Albion Online has carved out a nice little niche for themselves and they are a "full loot" MMORPG.
And thats all those full pvp all the time bullshit games will ever be, niche at best. Most people which play these games dont want that shit unless its on their terms, like BGs or in this game the war and rush they have set up. No one wants to run into a roaming gank squad every time they leave the gaets of a town. That shit never worked back in UO days and it still does not work today. Thats just catering to the wolves in these games, nothing else. By the time they ravage the games with their Bullshit they are the only ones left and quit because no more plebs to kill.

You even see this shit in shooters and games like Destiny. All the time bitching about SBMM..."Hey man I just want to PvP and chill, not have sweaty matches" while they sweat every match to klill as many plebs as possible. They dont want to fight others their skill, thats not fun, they want to annihilate the competition of shit players and pull down their 50-1 KD. Soon as they whiff a hint of SBMM being turned on they come to the boards/reddit and bitch and moan and bitch some more until they cave in and turn it off.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just won our first war! Ebonscale is ours! To be fair, it was not an even fight, they could onlyu muster about 35 peeps on their side, but we spanked them hard, 5 min win.

Nice to see some green finally showing up... Pretty much a purple dominated server.

1634005683451.png

• 2Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
FoH on Vingolf - did you all stop playing? I only see purples everywhere and you all are losing territory, what's the deal?

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The world is fucking incredible.
World is pretty interesting and I'm liking some of the reveals, but there are few things that are wtf. The world feels very PG with all of the NPCs being reasonably friendly and kind, but then there are letters that are a bit darker. Also the game sort of went from washed up nobody ship crewman to mega chad Soulwarden pretty quickly / out of nowhere.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Well holy shit, the main quest turn in after Dynasty gave me like 2/3 of a level. Still have some grinding to go until 60 though.
Lol yeah dude I wish I had that quest before spending a ton of money on town boards from 58 to 60. 35,000 experience quest, freaking insane. If you line it up right and do the pre quests in Eden, you can start a Dynasty run at 58 and after finishing and turning everything in you can be 60.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Anyone in the Everfall siege tonight? I was on the Cov side, was fun but laggy as fuck. Weird since the last siege I was in ran flawlessly.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of the world, I _really_ like Reekwater. Such an awesome zone…sound, lighting, everything…and I still haven’t seen it all.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My dynasty run bugged out or something and did not count for me, IDK maybe because I was pulled into it, Im thinking it wants you to visit the dude that takes you in there.

That last boss is no joke either. The one with the 2 hounds was a treat too. Especially with a group I went in there with we had 2 lv 51s.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Haven't played the game yet, I'm still on the fence. However, one of the biggest gripes I've seen (not just here) is there are no mounts, and a shit ton of forced traveling. I mean, in 2021, you can't give people a fucking horse to ride?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Haven't played the game yet, I'm still on the fence. However, one of the biggest gripes I've seen (not just here) is there are no mounts, and a shit ton of forced traveling. I mean, in 2021, you can't give people a fucking horse to ride?
There is fast travel teleporting all over the place. Travel is hardly an issue and I'm sure mounts will eventually exist most likely.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
The world isn't really that big., a horse would make that very obvious. There was a time you waited 20 mins for a boat, and it always came as you went the the toilet, and then you had to wait another 20 mins. Takes you 5 mins to go anywhere, and the only reason it takes any longer is because you stop and forage.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user