Xerge

<Donor>
So I guess the average mmo player shits the bed once they get to the Depths

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I guess the average mmo player shits the bed once they get to the Depths
Just need a good tank and good healer thats 45+. For some reason 1/2 the healers in this game dont know how to heal.

Just wait until you get to the Dynasty Shipyard and the last boss there, lol.

On another note got into a group and went to Shattered mountain. Went to that elite mine on the West side by settlement. We were going there for the weapon quests but a few of the members did not even know about the cleave pre req, so well do that later. In the mine our group did fine, actually cake walk until we got to the lv66 boss at the end. But that last boss spawns those lasers that spin around so you def need more than one group for him, preferably 2 healers on the tank which is eating all those lasers constantly, and a ton of ranged guys poking at him while the tank does the tank thing. There is a shit ton of chests everywhere. Scored a ton of loot and hundreds of blue mats for crafting. Tanking is actually fun as hell in this game with sword and shield.

When we spawned back in base, there was a group of purps there that just got done with their weapon quests, showing them off, man those things are sexy as hell.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So basically the best course of action I've determined is that once you hit 60 and start joining elite farming groups, it's best to just get full T4/5 luck gear, preferably with stats that you use. There are just so many chests and mobs n bosses that it's going to pay off tremendously pretty quickly.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
First night there one of the dudes in the party scored a 540 piece, so its not that bad. The bad part is actuially finding a drop that you can use. For some reason my str/con dude keeps getting int/focus or con/focus like it thinks im a fucking healer. I even get weapns like hatchets and great axe of the cleric, like WTF.

THATS gonna be the grind, is actually fining usable pieces. The gear score thing is easy. At least the gear is not really that rare in this game, it drops like candy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
First night there one of the dudes in the party scored a 540 piece, so its not that bad. The bad part is actuially finding a drop that you can use. For some reason my str/con dude keeps getting int/focus or con/focus like it thinks im a fucking healer. I even get weapns like hatchets and great axe of the cleric, like WTF.

THATS gonna be the grind, is actually fining usable pieces. The gear score thing is easy. At least the gear is not really that rare in this game, it drops like candy.
I'm pretty sure those 540 pieces are static and have no effect on your gs drop rate. I think those are just rare drops from certain bosses. Regardless, the +luck gear will end up making you a tremendous amount of gold. I just spent like 700 on a decent full set of all T5 luck gear and I've got 19% luck now and I am getting drops out the ass.

Cybsled

Watching Sacriel do an Invasion right now and they're wave 7 I think. Pretty cool shit that 99% of the player don't know even exists.

Ya, it's basically tower defense/horde mode. I joined one a while back. I like the Monty Python reference where one of the enemy catapaults launches cows at your fort.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My point was that regardless of how much luck you have you will eventually get to 600. With most of the good shit being tied behind crafting anyway. Again the problem is the gear itself 99% is shit or worthless to your build. And thats only the primary stats, never mind the secondary shit on gearwhich is all random. Like healer chest with fucking bow or great axe secondary perks. Or a great axe with fucking int and focus on it or dex and int, lol. People seem to be too focused on GS.

There seems to be no "smart" loot here lol, its all random shit all tied to RNG. which is fine, makes those really god rolls that much more worth and valuable. But its gonna take people a shit ton of time to find the right gear. Or buy it at a premium from some lucky schlep that got it to drop. Oh and there is the added BS of jewelry which do not seem to drop from mobs at all, or if they do its rare as fuck since I have not seen one piece of jewlery ever drop.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
My point was that regardless of how much luck you have you will eventually get to 600. With most of the good shit being tied behind crafting anyway. Again the problem is the gear itself 99% is shit or worthless to your build. And thats only the primary stats, never mind the secondary shit on gearwhich is all random. Like healer chest with fucking bow or great axe secondary perks. Or a great axe with fucking int and focus on it or dex and int, lol. People seem to be too focused on GS.

There seems to be no "smart" loot here lol, its all random shit all tied to RNG. which is fine, makes those really god rolls that much more worth and valuable. But its gonna take people a shit ton of time to find the right gear. Or buy it at a premium from some lucky schlep that got it to drop. Oh and there is the added BS of jewelry which do not seem to drop from mobs at all, or if they do its rare as fuck since I have not seen one piece of jewlery ever drop.
Luck just speeds up the process is all and pretty significantly. Oh and the player made jewelry is $$. Lot's of really good stuff on tradeposts.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just need a good tank and good healer thats 45+. For some reason 1/2 the healers in this game dont know how to heal.

Just wait until you get to the Dynasty Shipyard and the last boss there, lol.

On another note got into a group and went to Shattered mountain. Went to that elite mine on the West side by settlement. We were going there for the weapon quests but a few of the members did not even know about the cleave pre req, so well do that later. In the mine our group did fine, actually cake walk until we got to the lv66 boss at the end. But that last boss spawns those lasers that spin around so you def need more than one group for him, preferably 2 healers on the tank which is eating all those lasers constantly, and a ton of ranged guys poking at him while the tank does the tank thing. There is a shit ton of chests everywhere. Scored a ton of loot and hundreds of blue mats for crafting. Tanking is actually fun as hell in this game with sword and shield.

When we spawned back in base, there was a group of purps there that just got done with their weapon quests, showing them off, man those things are sexy as hell.
Healing is just dog shit in this game. You've basically got to predict where the group is going to be and place a circle down in anticipation. If the boss pushes the group away, does a crazy jump, or the group just isn't paying attention, all the sudden your heals are completely ineffective.

One of my Dynasty runs was bad because I realized when you have a group that's ranged dps, it's nearly impossible to heal. You throw down a circle for your tank, and then what do you do for the ranged dps who don't know how to dodge? The other "circle" heal has a 30 second cooldown. And the single target heal just isn't sustainable mana-wise. For some reason they all like to spread out, so where do you throw a circle heal?

Oh, also a fun thing I've been noticing lately (started in Dynasty on the last boss) is there's a pretty short range on your heals, too. So if I'm on one side of the arena and the dps decide to run to the other...they're fucked. I can't heal them at all.

Regarding the weapon quest, finished life staff last night and it looks like shit. Not much different than any other skin. Was super disappointed. Stats are legit though (threw in a pristine diamond).

Untitled.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So,

The Well Guardian.

I have played MMO's for decades. I now have a top contender for the worst design concept in any MMO.

Lets create a quest where only players on the quest have access to an area. Then, lets make that area a group content based area. You will need a well rounded group, so a healer and a tank will be required. Players who have already done the quest are forbidden back into the area so they cannot help.

Please fire the person who came up with this concept as it is clear they do not understand MMO"s and what makes them work.

They did this concept early but you "could" solo it and if you had a 2nd person, it was easy to get through. Making this a 5 person+ requirement was a horrid idea and needs to be fixed.

Sigh.......

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So,

The Well Guardian.

I have played MMO's for decades. I now have a top contender for the worst design concept in any MMO.

Lets create a quest where only players on the quest have access to an area. Then, lets make that area a group content based area. You will need a well rounded group, so a healer and a tank will be required. Players who have already done the quest are forbidden back into the area so they cannot help.

Please fire the person who came up with this concept as it is clear they do not understand MMO"s and what makes them work.

They did this concept early but you "could" solo it and if you had a 2nd person, it was easy to get through. Making this a 5 person+ requirement was a horrid idea and needs to be fixed.

Sigh.......
Did it tonight too. Most easily and blatantly exploitable fight there is. You just stand on the side platforms near the zone in and he can't hit you. Takes like 10 or 15 mins to kill with a few people though.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Lets create a quest where only players on the quest have access to an area. Then, lets make that area a group content based area. You will need a well rounded group, so a healer and a tank will be required. Players who have already done the quest are forbidden back into the area so they cannot help

Part of the MSQ does this also - after you beat Depths, you have to enter an area ONLY people on the quest can enter.

I do agree it's dogshit design. All that should be required is one person is on the quest and anyone in your party can help. That should be high on their priority list of changes.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did it tonight too. Most easily and blatantly exploitable fight there is. You just stand on the side platforms near the zone in and he can't hit you. Takes like 10 or 15 mins to kill with a few people though.

That is good to know. Will keep that in mind.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
( A big blurb about how to abuse leashing if you're struggling finding group members. )

The copy / paste fort design, for all of you getting to Shattered Mountain - You can just jet up through the front gate, go up the right side ramparts (the stairs to the right in the front area), jump over the rampart into the second part of the fort, follow the wall to the back of the fort on the right - jump down on the rock and stay on the rock in the back right corner, then crouch or low crawl under the rampart while still on the rock. Everything will leash, and then you can pretty much pick mobs off solo from the rear of the fort. Pull too many? Climb back on the rock. Occasionally, you'll run into a fort where the rock in the back right is half its size - but then you can just abuse pathing from the back of the two story house to the right side of the house back and forth - which will also leash most of them, and the ones it doesnt, you can basically stand at the corner of the house and kill cause the pathing is fucked up. Alternatively, if you're farming chests - you can jump behind the chest in the front area on the top right rampart and stay on that little ledge behind the chest and in front of the rampart for the second part of the base and everything will leash from there too. Giving you the opportunity to loot that chest, then pop over the wall to the second part of the fort and kill the single NPC guarding the second chest in that same area.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Part of the MSQ does this also - after you beat Depths, you have to enter an area ONLY people on the quest can enter.

I do agree it's dogshit design. All that should be required is one person is on the quest and anyone in your party can help. That should be high on their priority list of changes.
Considering one of my biggest complaints prior to release was how big an afterthought "grouping" was (like not being able to share any quests at all), it doesn't surprise me, and I doubt they do anything.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Been busy with luclin launch on thornblade the past week. Excited to be done with that to get back into this finish up my grinding gathering skills.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Considering one of my biggest complaints prior to release was how big an afterthought "grouping" was (like not being able to share any quests at all), it doesn't surprise me, and I doubt they do anything.
They are still too busy trying to make server moves happen. Now coming up on week 3 when no one needs moves anymore (because of queues).

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The other reason for server moves were groups of friends that were split up due to locked servers. Luckily this is also no longer needed since all my friends stranded away from the main group quit!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was doing the MSQ with my g/f last night in the noobie zones. It dawned on me that its no wonder people think the game is bland in those early levels. Out of all the unique models that you find in all the 50+ zones, you dont see 99% of them until the late 30's at the earliest. That was the Angry Earth in SE Blightwood. They could have spread the oriental influence into any of the connecting zones by just a small amount and it would have been totally in line. Reekwater vines and all the unique Angry Earth models and Pirate models could have spread over to all its connecting zones.

The weapons all these higher level mobs have seem to me complete in some type of manner, as well. So I dont see what's holding them back from having them? You see the Shield/Pistol combo quite early in the game, and its evident when you fight that same pirate mob in the late game that all the abilities are fleshed out. The skeleton that charges through you with dual daggers seems fleshed out. You even see a one handed dagger variant on Corruption mobs that could be the second ability tree? The Void Staff skeleton you see mostly in Shattered Mountain seems good to go. The one handed mace on the Angry Earth models in Reekwater seems fleshed out, but still lacking since he doesnt appear to have anything in his off hand ever. The Great Sword on the Oriental Soldiers in Ebonscale seems fleshed out, but slow as fuck. .. I want to say... that the little blighted fuckers that blow up after death seem to have some type of claws - ala Wolverine? or maybe theyre just hand to hand?

Basically, the game seems to have a bright future in that you can see what's coming? Maybe they felt like they wanted to have a curated noobie experience, but totally missed the mark on how much they thought the grind would shine through? Maybe they just wanted a small amount of weapons to start so they didnt overwhelm people? Fk if I know - but .. Im happy with the direction of the game so far.

You can basically solo up to 60. If you ignore the dungeons (MSQ) and the Elite Quests - you never even have to talk to a person. The lack of grouping features, QoL features pertaining to grouping, all become wayyyy too evident at 60 when basically anything you want to do requires a group. If they just did something as simple as the old school EverQuest version of the LFG Window where you can see who is looking for more, LFG etc. - that would be a HUGE improvement. Then, while you're grouping - simply adding icons next to peoples names with what weapons theyre using would be a super nice QoL feature as well. I get invited to groups and have no idea who is doing what until I visually inspect them. Or hell, if people could just select roles when you join a group - that would be nice too.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>

I don't normally have much to say on mechanical design of the quests themselves but "Dogshit design" needs to be the tagline of AGS at this point. Where did they get these fucking people? So many quests are ridiculous and stupid and repetitive. I can't think of an MMO with worse quests. I mean, normal, even 10 bear asses, I don't really notice enough. 4x10 bear ass to the same place with a long trip for each step? WTF. And its every quest. EVERY. FUCKING. QUEST. At least once every game session now in my mid-30's level I think "Get.the.fuck.out." and think about just closing the game because I have to go kill something I have been killing, or I have go back to the same place I have already been, or I have to collect a thing I already have. At one point last night, I had to essentially re-collect a thing the game had already been giving me. Normally I am focused on the narrative of the game, the story the game is (or isn't) telling.

It actually pisses me off. Its been a long time since a game made me this angry.

I think the whole game should have been delayed. How the fuck do these quests pass design, QA, and feedback in beta?

These motherfuckers literally need to do a pass on every quest in every zone past level 25 and forget trying to extend content. They need to double/triple the number of quests and raise the time to level slightly. It's obviously easy to make them because any asshole off the street could do this level of writing:
Premise: Lady beside the road in Brightwood- "I'm a sad. I have been here for many years and want to become a Lost. Find my old things to demoralize me to push me over the edge"
-Trip 1. "Oh that sucks but not enough" Kill 6 mobs with who drop items.
-Trip 2 "oh that sucks too but find me memorabilia about me life in another place" 6 items in crates, 4 crates are around elite mob
-Trip 3 "Sucks but also not enough when I got married, I didn't love the guy REALLY, my real True love was Pastor Elite Mob, bring me letter from him(which I essentially had to kill already on last step)
-Finale [after killing elite mob, which somehow seems harder now that I have quest to kill him] "Oh he was going to break up with me, now I want to live."
When did bad M.Night get a job as a quest writer at AGS?

All locations for each trip are within 100m of each other but 500+ meters from quest giver.