New World

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game would benefit hugely just from a party finder window like what ffxiv has. kind of amazing they didn’t implement something they could just easily rip off from others, given this is Amazon

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
We lost 5 of our territories today (all of them). Attacking is so bugged. You just put everyone in heavy and stack on point and spam lag abilities and take no damage. Huge threads about it on the forums. It's rough.

• 3Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We lost 5 of our territories today (all of them). Attacking is so bugged. You just put everyone in heavy and stack on point and spam lag abilities and take no damage. Huge threads about it on the forums. It's rough.
We have a Syndicate guild appropriately named "Syndicate" lol - but theyre taking over all the forts on Vingolf. Kind of nice to see the faction coming back to life - even if it is just one guild. But you're not the first person Ive heard complaining about how its all working out.

I don't normally have much to say on mechanical design of the quests themselves but "Dogshit design" needs to be the tagline of AGS at this point. Where did they get these fucking people? So many quests are ridiculous and stupid and repetitive. I can't think of an MMO with worse quests. I mean, normal, even 10 bear asses, I don't really notice enough. 4x10 bear ass to the same place with a long trip for each step? WTF. And its every quest. EVERY. FUCKING. QUEST. At least once every game session now in my mid-30's level I think "Get.the.fuck.out." and think about just closing the game because I have to go kill something I have been killing, or I have go back to the same place I have already been, or I have to collect a thing I already have. At one point last night, I had to essentially re-collect a thing the game had already been giving me. Normally I am focused on the narrative of the game, the story the game is (or isn't) telling.

It actually pisses me off. Its been a long time since a game made me this angry.

I think the whole game should have been delayed. How the fuck do these quests pass design, QA, and feedback in beta?

These motherfuckers literally need to do a pass on every quest in every zone past level 25 and forget trying to extend content. They need to double/triple the number of quests and raise the time to level slightly. It's obviously easy to make them because any asshole off the street could do this level of writing:
Premise: Lady beside the road in Brightwood- "I'm a sad. I have been here for many years and want to become a Lost. Find my old things to demoralize me to push me over the edge"
-Trip 1. "Oh that sucks but not enough" Kill 6 mobs with who drop items.
-Trip 2 "oh that sucks too but find me memorabilia about me life in another place" 6 items in crates, 4 crates are around elite mob
-Trip 3 "Sucks but also not enough when I got married, I didn't love the guy REALLY, my real True love was Pastor Elite Mob, bring me letter from him(which I essentially had to kill already on last step)
-Finale [after killing elite mob, which somehow seems harder now that I have quest to kill him] "Oh he was going to break up with me, now I want to live."
When did bad M.Night get a job as a quest writer at AGS?

All locations for each trip are within 100m of each other but 500+ meters from quest giver.
Questing was probably low on the totem pole for all the features and systems that they wanted to get out. Some random lead dev with a lack of awareness probably put out a mandate that the quest writers had to have 100 quests per zone by a certain date. So even though they had already been working on quests - the easiest thing to do with a low budget allocation and short time frame is to just break each quest apart into multiple steps. So now they can circle jerk about how each zone has 100 quests! Amazing! ... At least this is what Im getting from it all. Ebonscale, Edensgrove and Reekwater quests were still sub par, but were a ton better in location clumping, and sending you to new areas each time. Those three zones I just feel like were designed by people that had experience, or at best.. played through their own bullshit content and saw how they should change them up.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've been mostly enjoying myself, but I feel like I'm getting a bit bored. Farmed a shit load of iron to get my mining up to 175 (there were some elite areas I did for the weapon quest in Great Cleave where you can spawn a boss by mining it and get an elite chest, but no one had the skill in my group).

But now I can't fucking store it. So I made another iron chest and now I'm maxed out on chests for my house (t3 and rest t2; note that t3 and above are recipe drops and/or from crates like I lucked out with on my t3). I guess I could buy another house, but I'm about to be raped on taxes.

I was trying to dump some by raising furniture, but that means I need to spend hours farming logs because you need a disgusting amount of wood (35? Lumber per try, which is 140 aged wood and 560! green wood, per attempt). Even dumber is that I think every recipe above 50 (except for things like polish and the iron chest) is a recipe drop, so no reason to level it anyway.

It's all just becoming so grindy...and I love grindy. I could run Myrkgard over and over but the progress there is in incredibly small increments. Like 1-2 gear score on a handful of slots for a few hours of work. And like said, having a piece drop you need is just laughable. Has to roll the right type (heavy/med/light), higher gear score than you have (so probably 1-2% chance), and then on top of that has to roll the right stats. I'm crap at math, but with them all having what appears to be two stat slots, and what...6 stats, that's quite a lot of combinations it can roll. And that's just the stats part (and right now I'm fine with greens). Add in perks for blue/purple and fucking good luck.

All this to say, there's something wrong with the game. It's likely just that they still haven't fixed the fucking portals, meaning no one can run dungeons, meaning it's just elite grind or crafting grind.

Last edited:

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The crafting and inventory game is what Im already sick of. Granted, I am only up to starmetal, but Ive had enough of having to farm 1000 t1 items, so I can turn it into a few t3 ingots etc.

Im at the point to where I think I should just have leveled to cap and not worried about crafting at all.

Get to cap where you can actually make some gold, buy chests for homes, get tools...then run right on back down and start the gradual need of farming 500k- 1m items to level you crafting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Crafting to say, 100ish while leveling if you don't fully focus it isn't a bad idea. The exp is good from both crafting and gathering. You also need to keep gathering up for main story quests as well as side quests and pvp quests. Going past 100 in anything before 60 is just way too much effort unless you're getting fed or gold rich on a decent economy server. I'm the ~3rd guy to hit 150 engineering on my server and outside of sandpaper donations from my guildmates did it all alone and it probably took something like 12-18 hours of gathering and crafting (mostly wood honestly) to go from 100-150. Big not worth sub 60 even though I literally got lvl 55-56 and 56.5-57.5 from crafting and gathering alone.

The WORST part is the way the refineries/crafting stations are leveled and all over is that I basically have to load up like a drug mule wiht my mats, run (because it'd cost 400 azoth which I needf to craft) to the town with the rights hit. Refine there, THEN find the appropriate T5 crafting bench and run there (again, can't waist azoth) and HOPE TO GOD I brought all the right mats. Then I can pump out some Orich Tools or T5 bags or whatever, but unless you have people lined up as buyers it's just not worth it. We've had Orich tools for less than 4 days on my server and they're already down to 300 gold for a poorly rolled blue pick axe. That's like 2 MSQuests.

The real money is ensuring the right perk (XXXX luck, azoth, resources or Deep Pockets/Burden) which can be profitable but that requires another side hustle to get the crafting mods. Crafting is maybe in a decent spot in that it's hard as fuck to get to the high end early on and you have to dedicate yourself to it, but that's 100% how it should be. Having everyone 200 crafting in any skill 1 or 2 weeks in is terrible for a crafting-endgame based game. The real tweaks they need to make is storage/weight system. Linking ALL storage and having a massive discount for shipping items between owned faction seems like a good idea. Or even a weight per hour transferred or SOMETHING. Having to run 2000 orichalcum ore and 100 leather and 100 silk etc etc from Everfall to Cutlass Keys is just too much.

The refining agents change is huge to help boost crafting, but the weight on these items just helps conflate the problem with storage. I'm running around with 300-400 items in reagents because I can't be fucked to store it when I already have 1400lbs of ore and shit. Luckily outside of ore most of the shit you need you can just run right outside of town and grab quickly. So getting Lumber isn't a pain and you don't have to store it, just the sandpaper.

The obviously wanted people to hit 200 crafting by being "The guy" that gets fed and crafts for a small fee. That's how it was in the EQ olden days where you dumped your mats on the 228 blacksmith and he made your shitty cultural and MAYBE it worked and MAYBE he got a skillup. That was the way. He wasn't going to farm 1000 essence of mists himself, just put the word of mouth out there to bring in free combines. There's some of that in this game, but with more coordinated mega guilds and streamers it's just not as likely. Also telling idiots the EXACT mats you need for their shit PLUS an azoth vial each time is somewhat annoying because most people won't have T4 mats on hand or even know how to get them.

Cybsled

Ya, the weight issue is annoying as fuck. It's like they took the worst part of Fallout 76 and decided that was an A+ feature to add to their game.

How long before they introduce "New World First" and a "scrap box" feature that is all but required? lol

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Ya, the weight issue is annoying as fuck. It's like they took the worst part of Fallout 76 and decided that was an A+ feature to add to their game.

How long before they introduce "New World First" and a "scrap box" feature that is all but required? lol
I only subscribe to ESO just for the mats bag when I play it.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I did like 50-150 engineering for under 5k gold.

Iron/Steel/Starmetal Spears only need the appropriate wood so timber/lumber/wyrdwood and you can use iron ingots/coarse leather so it was super cheap to spam craft/salvage and repeat.

Also who doesn't put stuff on the trading post and then run to the town and cancel it? It goes right in your inventory and costs practically nothing for deposit. Transfering via storage or on your body is so inefficient if you need to go to places you don't have a house in.

Also letting shit lapse will go into your storage no matter the weight. I have like 22k/1.6k weight in my everfall unit.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Having everyone 200 crafting in any skill 1 or 2 weeks in is terrible for a crafting-endgame based game.
It's terrible either way since all the end game dungeon keys and gear are bind on pickup. I hit 100 on the crafting skills and said "that's enough grinding for me!" but I can't just ignore it since they are expecting everyone to be 200 in the end anyway. Ultimately, nothing made at max level should be bop and it should be harder to get to 200 if anything. The fewer people hitting max tradeskills in a game the better.

Iron/Steel/Starmetal Spears only need the appropriate wood so timber/lumber/wyrdwood and you can use iron ingots/coarse leather so it was super cheap to spam craft/salvage and repeat.
I don't know if they fixed it, but since steel spears use timber as the primary ingredient, you could downstep the metal to iron and it would still create a steel spear. The crafted spear would then salvage down into steel ingots.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah I just reduce the weight of everything to 0.1 lbs and store it, but to each their own.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
They no longer salvage into the higher tier metals but you can still use iron for all of them.

Edit: There is also like zero chance crafting is profitable long term for more than a short run of individuals that may have a popular recipe someone else doesn't have at the start. It's literally a "hey I did this" achievement. I am getting to the finish line of most things in the 150-200 range (200+ /played hours later) and the sheer amount of raw mats and time to gather is too high. If I sold something for 100k today that would not be enough to justify the amount of time and gold I've spent already and it's only going to get worse.

Even without forcing perks you want there are so many items being brought into the world people end up listing for far less than material cost that will have the perks you want on it sooner or later. Each crafting tier needs a much lower barrier of entry to make it semi worthwhile to self craft in your level range or why wouldn't you just go to the trading post and spend <500g to fully outfit yourself on any of the 100000 drops available pre 60 and in a couple of months the 60 stuff is going to look the same.

Also who the fuck am I going to be crafting all these neato named items for under level 60? Like great I can make this armory of named stuff for all the new players that won't exist and I was way too high to use them by the time I learned to craft it.

After a power crafting session I'll end up with something like 25-50 rare/epic items. I list them all for 25-100g and maybe sell 1-2. Then it's off to the salvage as it's not worth relisting. That is the state of the finished gear market. Maybe it's better on less sweaty/small servers.

Last edited:
  • 2Rustled

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Not a big fan of couple designs in NW:

1, Storage system - I don't mind carry weight limit but storage weight limit? And the fact that there is no universal storage / bank, each town storage is separate (unless your faction owns all territory, and not everyone can contribute to territory control but guilds)?! Even Skyrim has a centralize chest you can put every loot there. Are you trying to punish your player base? I really don't see the point of such system.

2, Travel system - fast travel cost resource and its not that easy to collect?! This is an MMO, it should encourge people meet up with each other. I don't even mind no mount, but making fast travel this tedious baffle me.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
1) you can overweight your storage by listing on trading post and let it expire. not ideal but it is a nice work around to put as much as you want into it and as far as I can tell it's unlimited weight as I've put 10k's+ of extra weight into them without any real penalty (you can't manually place things into storage).
2) azoth is super easy to collect and having houses makes your travel costs become extremely trivial, but at this point with so many people being unflagged carebears the restrictive cost is kind of pointless since the time when you'd be forced to walk/roam you'd be running into people to pvp and that isn't really a thing anymore.

Xerge

<Donor>
The game needs transmog like fucking yesterday. All the cool quested armor/weapons, crafted weapons, armor, etc will have extra value once they can be sold for xmog. I'm actively storing possible cool shit like the dex armor set lumi showecased. This will all a lot of value to crafting imo, my next biggest issue is items are not leaving the game world fast enough so trade markets are all over the place.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The weird part is the system is already in place. You can already right click an item and change the appearance to cash shop bullshit. If they were bros they'd just let you save anything you've seen. Shit I'd take a crafted consumable that saves the appearance while consuming the item just to clear out cool looking shit from my storage.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Get XXX burden (prospector's burden is usually best). Fill inventory with 1500 lbs of rocks. Drag your backpacks around and watch it reduce the weight each time. This only fools the game in one capacity, the listed weight. It knows you weigh 1500lbs, it knows you're encumbered, your azoth cost is still very high/impossible, you can't recall. BUT the key is you can load your storage up to 1248lbs, then dump your "0.7lbs" of ore into your storage. It goes to 1500, waits a beat, then overloads to 3k storage. The only caveat is you can only do it with one material as it nearly instantly realizes the actual weight. You have to dump the fake weight items in last, but it basically saves you a lot of room for shit like ore, leather, wood, etc..

They know about this bug as it's been reported for almost a week now and I do it knowing that one day I may log in and all my ore is deleted, and I'll accept that price. Until then it's just a bandaid for the gaping wound that is storage inventory management.

• 1Solidarity

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
They should just have an over storage tax unless your faction owns the town. Be a great incentive to actually pvp battle and shit.

• 1Dislike

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They should just have an over storage tax unless your faction owns the town. Be a great incentive to actually pvp battle and shit.
No more taxes / gold sinks please. Ive already cut property tax by 21.6% in Windsward and its still 1100 gold every 5 days. When you're done with all your quests, the amount of gold you make from just playing after repair costs.. is just a pittance. Hell, it seems like my sword breaks every 30 minutes and its making me seriously consider the increased durability trait. You kill a level 63 and it might drop 3-4 gold. You kill a lvl 6 wolf and.. you might get 3-4 gold. Completely out of whack when repairs are costing you 20-30 gold per piece. We need a +gold percentage attribute or something (if there is one, I havent seen it).

I keep thinking a lot of the problems we have now, like weight, and gathering amounts, is based off them doing a half ass job at future proofing the game. How much will Tier 6 fix this problem for lower levels of crafts I wonder?

I "hate" the grind just as much anyone else - but check out this website. The most optimal piece of armor for me to make and finish out armor smithing from 153 to 200 is Infused Leather Gloves. Roughly 980 of them.

31648 x Iron Hide (32 for each)
47472 x Thick Hide (48 for each)
253184 x Rawhide (256 for each)
27692 x Tannin (28 for each)
15824 x Fibers (16 for each)
3956 x Iron Ore (4 for each)

F'n hell man. Ive put that shit off for a 4-5 days now while I get other life skills up to par. But thats just a huge ass amount. Even with a full yield armor set on, trophies and potions - thats going to take days and days of nothing but straight grinding. Whats really f'n weird about me whining about this shit though? Is that I want it to be this way. I dont want every Tom, Dick and Hairy to be 200 in all crafts. The grind cuts out a huge swath of people that are casual and hard core alike. Just too bad that grind is across the entire game and people start dropping like flies around level 40.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Problem comes when people with 50 arcana and 100 stonecutting have 0 orbs for end game dungeons. Or maybe it's not a problem because the dungeons are 'who gives a shit' level? I'm guessing full bis crafted will also be 'who gives a shit' differences in power level, so I'm not interested in grinding out 200 outside of the town board xp.

Game is fun solo. I think the wheels are going to fall off at 60 with 20 weapon skill though. Already I'm finding it more and more tedious to hit E on animal corpses at 200 skinning without the bonus of an xp reward.