New World

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Might as well turn their clients into BTC mining software, they'd get more money out of people before they shut their doors.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
According to Steam chart, they held around 100k players from Dec to Jan, then finally cracked 100k and now it couldn't even break back up to 80k.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I cant believe all those people stuck around that long with the sheer lack of end game content this game has. Plus the fucking server merges, like WTF!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Sale 29.99

Not bad but not the 19.99 we were looking for.
I imagine that they have a cash shop overhaul being worked on and that they are eventually going to push it live and make the game F2P instead of B2P. What implications that means for the B2P audience, we'll just have to wait and see. Im hoping for the people that still/eventually play the game, that that route will be a less restrictive Season Pass and not some over bearing "1 Orb allowed a week, purchase another for 200 coins!"

• 1Worf

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Sale AND down to under 60k players at prime time. Yep it's spiraling to its death. Took longer than I thought, but the latest patch helped push it

• 1Like

Cybsled

The new patch does a few things wrong. Mutators have a bad mechanic - if your average gearscore is below a certain threshhold, then you do dogshit damage and mitigate like shit. So essentially if forces you to run the GS treadmill to even be able to attempt the new dungeons if you aren't already at 590-600s.

You do get good GS bumps from the regular dungeon runs, but those are still orb gated as well

They also made it so if you buy crafted shit about your GS, it gets nerfed to a midpoint between your expertise level for that slot and the level of the item bought.

Daidraco

G/f still playing this game. So it has something going for it and she's played every MMO. Only factor thats bad (for AGS) is that she's never, ever, going to spend money on the cash shop and thats not by my decision.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
You would think , after all this time, someone would think to study what happens to games that release without an endgame plan, or an endgame plan that sucks.

We just keep seeing it. Failed game after failed game. Doesn't anyone look to see how these things go wrong? You are investing millions of dollars, right?"

"Players will make their own PVP end game! For PVE We can develop content at ___X___ pace."

Players blow the doors off what they planned. Player numbers start to dip.

"New System to limit access to endgame"
Still doesn't work

"HOW ARE THEY DOING THIS. NERF. EVERYTHING."

Game mostly craters.

"Blames players"

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
You would think , after all this time, someone would think to study what happens to games that release without an endgame plan, or an endgame plan that sucks.

So, this was not only talked about internally but documented. I personally gave feedback that the end-game was not just a void, it was a cliff. They did not care. There was a sense of 'we know what's best' among the top leadership to such a degree that I bailed. The very senior leaders (Frazzini) had zero idea about games and what players want, and worse, they really thought they did. Much of the team working on the game came from Daybreak, and hadn't shipped a modern game, and were very out of touch.

My exact statement in my exit interview: "this is schizophrenic game design, the game doesnt know what it wants to be or who its audience is. It will make a good splash at launch but from mid to late, will be a massive player exodus. The execs do not understand what a successful title is and will think week one numbers = great success. It's not"

Amazon paid a TON of money for ppl to work there. I left a lot of money on the table. It was that bad.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
One thing Amazon is good at is paying a ton of money.

Headless chicken TV and Game divisions. I imagine a chicken with million dollar feathers flapping all over the place.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
There are people there just for the $ and do not care much. Nothing wrong with that, it's just a job.
Yup. The guy coding the engine doesn't have to give a fuck about content. That said, it seems noone at any level gave a fuck about content, so that didn't work out so well for them.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Welp, the pop held out admirably, stayed around 90kish for about a month. But it looks like population is now in a death spiral with the latest patch nerfing and time gating stuff. Also no real new influx of players, can you imagine starting out fresh in this game? Would take months of grinding to catch up lol. Ah well, another failed MMO.

Daidraco

Welp, the pop held out admirably, stayed around 90kish for about a month. But it looks like population is now in a death spiral with the latest patch nerfing and time gating stuff. Also no real new influx of players, can you imagine starting out fresh in this game? Would take months of grinding to catch up lol. Ah well, another failed MMO.
I think the "death spiral" has pretty much ended. The game will continue to lose people, but as we can see, its just at a much slower rate at this point. A GOOD expansion is the only thing that will change its fate, but I just dont see it happening anytime soon.

Malakriss

There is no incentive to ever come back, +10 +20 +30 levels who cares? Zero faith in the engine or the systems, let alone CS or the devs to manage them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Honestly laying low for awhile and fixing, building, and adding things would only benefit the game. I could def. see a rerelease ad campaign next xmas.