New World

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Don't worry. I'm playing now. Tanking will be great again.

Had to roll on the Pollux server. Rest had 2k+ queues.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't worry. I'm playing now. Tanking will be great again.

Had to roll on the Pollux server. Rest had 2k+ queues.
You wont regret it if you give a chance. Put your headphones on, or turn up the speakers if Ms. Brahma aint around. The sound is top tier for this game, especially when crafting/gathering.

As for rolling on an unpopular server, I can only hope cross server comes sometime sooner than what they say here:

Most notably, he did confirm that New World will be getting a true dungeon finder with automatic, cross-server matchmaking. We knew from the roadmap that cross-server expeditions were coming, but I wasn’t sure whether that meant a true dungeon finder or simply cross-server support for the current LFG tool, which is little more than a bulletin board. Lane was able to confirm it is the former, so depending on your feelings about dungeon finders you can commence your celebrations and/or lamentations (I’ll be celebrating, personally).

He didn’t give a date for the dungeon finder, but the roadmap lists cross-server expeditions as a season four feature, so if all goes according to plan, we should be seeing the dungeon finder late this year or very early in 2024.

They'll probably allow transfers if that server dies - but hopefully that wont come to pass.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Game is one of the best feeling/sounding MMO's to ever be put out. I know people got all bent out of shape about the early pilgrim aesthetics and shit, but the combat and gathering is really, really enjoyable on a visceral level.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The ambience of the game was easily the best part. They did resource gathering right.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The ambience of the game was easily the best part. They did resource gathering right.
I agree. Except that the static nodes of resources — spawning in the same location on timers — has allowed (at least on my server Valhalla) resources to be exploited by gather bots. It's quite frustrating.

Still, I've already gotten my money's worth so I can't complain too much. 😋

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
You wont regret it if you give a chance. Put your headphones on, or turn up the speakers if Ms. Brahma aint around. The sound is top tier for this game, especially when crafting/gathering.

As for rolling on an unpopular server, I can only hope cross server comes sometime sooner than what they say here:

They'll probably allow transfers if that server dies - but hopefully that wont come to pass.
The sound really is great. Always felt the same. Nothing like that wood splitting logging sound or the crack of an ore node.

• 1Like

Daidraco

I agree. Except that the static nodes of resources — spawning in the same location on timers — has allowed (at least on my server Valhalla) resources to be exploited by gather bots. It's quite frustrating.

Still, I've already gotten my money's worth so I can't complain too much. 😋
Im guessing it just hasnt been a focus for the dev team in quite some time. I cant remember if New World still uses EAC and VAC to detect cheating (both of which suck) - but after all the "fixes" they did to Fishing wayyyy back when, I would rather they didnt fucking touch anything. Fishing used to be really, really rewarding before all the anti-bot methods were put in.

Brahma Brahma - What level did you get to? Ill patch up and login to your server/catch up with you if you're down to stretch your legs a bit.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Im guessing it just hasnt been a focus for the dev team in quite some time. I cant remember if New World still uses EAC and VAC to detect cheating (both of which suck) - but after all the "fixes" they did to Fishing wayyyy back when, I would rather they didnt fucking touch anything. Fishing used to be really, really rewarding before all the anti-bot methods were put in.

Brahma Brahma - What level did you get to? Ill patch up and login to your server/catch up with you if you're down to stretch your legs a bit.

Like level 10? I just made my bind point at the Inn.

Daidraco

Like level 10? I just made my bind point at the Inn.
God do you have it lucky to be starting now. I got level 10 by the time I hit the first town. That took me and Cupcaek like 1-2 hours to get 10 back at release. Sent you a friend invite if you get on.

• 1Like

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Well, that didn't take long. Suspended for a week because my view on Trans is more "hateful" than being ok with mutilating kids. pfft!
Back to BG3.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf

Daidraco

Well, that didn't take long. Suspended for a week because my view on Trans is more "hateful" than being ok with mutilating kids. pfft!
Back to BG3.
Did you really think that general/global chat would get you anything other than Banned? lol

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Of course it can happen.
But I'm tired of hearing "it's not worth the fight". I absolutely refuse to be
threatened or shamed into silence. So I have to go play something else for
a while. That's a small price to pay for standing up for what's right.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Of course it can happen.
But I'm tired of hearing "it's not worth the fight". I absolutely refuse to be
threatened or shamed into silence. So I have to go play something else for
a while. That's a small price to pay for standing up for what's right.

I Like It Good Job GIF

829ipf.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
God do you have it lucky to be starting now. I got level 10 by the time I hit the first town. That took me and Cupcaek like 1-2 hours to get 10 back at release. Sent you a friend invite if you get on.

I feel this lol. I recently came back and my played time at level 53 was 7 days.

Daidraco

I feel this lol. I recently came back and my played time at level 53 was 7 days.
Total playtime on this character is about 3 hours now. I went to the gym in the middle of it and came back. Logged off at lvl 21. Thats a night and day difference.

In other news - I was hoping Brahma would log in, so I dicked around at lvl 10ish for a while crafting. Spent maybe 50 gold total, but made a Life Staff and a Flail combo with Focus on everything, and rolled some lucky perks. Throw Sacred Ground down, then the far left Flail ability that reduces your CD's, enhances defenses etc. and you can just stand there and trade blows with just about anything that comes your way even in light armor. The next tier of this gear I build will really let the duo shine, but I cant wait to try the combo at higher levels.

Speaking of, crafting levels fly by faster than the levels I get on the character. I was into my mid 30's at lvl 10 just building one suit of light gear. In a way, I feel bitter that all that work and time spent has been trivialized by all these changes. But at the same time, I know I hated every second of it and its a great change for new players. Which really, Im hoping with this "expansion" - they've found their groove and they arent going to make anymore sweeping changes.

On the plus side of starting a new character, I had fun doing stuff again. Where my other character, fk man.. cleaning up the banks, organizing all the gear sets, just.. all that tedium /gag.

• 2Solidarity

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
lol
The first thing I did when I logged back in yesterday (after being gone over a year) was cleanup my Storage Sheds. Good lord, the amount of irrelevant shit
I had in there due to all the changes. It's too bad we don't have enough FOH folks playing to form our own Company. It would be awesome to not have to
interact with all the degenerates in-game.

• 1Worf

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
My 53 was already on Marama (sp. I wish I could reroll on Marrama but since I can’t I’ll just stick with my character that’s already there. 53-56 took like 2-3 hours with full rest doing MSQ.

I roll with OTG and have for years these days but I’m also super casual. Hopefully it works out for a SOLO! as they call it in their marketing videos.