New World

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I enjoy this game a lot more when I'm not looking at any min-maxer/no-lifer bullshit.

It's awesome that in my old age how much I despise min-maxers now.

So far, 7/10 launch experience (Not sure it's worth $30 though)

mad gran torino GIF

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

The influence push mechanic they added was pretty fun.

In the past, to declare wars, you had to push boring ass missions until your faction filled the bar, at which point any guild that contributed at least 10% could try to declare war.

The new mechanic is scheduled times - the influence race lasts 45 minutes and the territory has 3 towers and the regular fort. Each tower owned gives 10% influence buff and fort gives 20%. If your faction owns it, then you get a big bonus to PvP mission influence. So the strategy is you need people attacking/holding down the forts and also some people running missions if your company wants to dec. everyone who participates in the fights gets rewards

Honestly it was pretty fun. Shitloads of people were fighting and PvP deaths were giving loot and xp and rotations were pretty manageable by mounts. I think people will participate even if they don’t plan to war

Xerge

<Donor>
The influence push mechanic they added was pretty fun.

In the past, to declare wars, you had to push boring ass missions until your faction filled the bar, at which point any guild that contributed at least 10% could try to declare war.

The new mechanic is scheduled times - the influence race lasts 45 minutes and the territory has 3 towers and the regular fort. Each tower owned gives 10% influence buff and fort gives 20%. If your faction owns it, then you get a big bonus to PvP mission influence. So the strategy is you need people attacking/holding down the forts and also some people running missions if your company wants to dec. everyone who participates in the fights gets rewards

Honestly it was pretty fun. Shitloads of people were fighting and PvP deaths were giving loot and xp and rotations were pretty manageable by mounts. I think people will participate even if they don’t plan to war
I was watching some pushes on twitch last night and it genuinely looks like fun. It reminds me of ESO's pvp zone Cyrodiil but way more action.

Cybsled

Ya, biggest problem we had were queues and some people getting booted from the server. Queues are fucking wars right now - most of the war loggers don’t want to sit 2 hrs in queue

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
No-one sucks more than me at PvP. I'm old and broken. pfft!
I might have to come back to check out the changes, though. The rest of the game
was pretty fun. No idea where you guys play but I'm based out of Valhalla.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im not logging into until that queue dies down. Playing other stuff in the interim. So I completely get the lack of desire to sit through it.

From what Ive watched, though - there isnt near as much content as I thought there would be for $30. It feels like its a mislabeled DLC. Happy to play it when I dont have to fight to do so. But I agree that the pricing feels off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Haven't really played since release, checked out around level 53. That said, potential was there and I think it still is for a casual good time now and then. I went ahead and picked up the expansion to fire it back up again (I knew I would eventually.) Will report back if its worth mentioning! Definitely looking forward to mount & flail.

Anyone started over? I figure the progression and MSQ shit is worth checking out but redoing all that crafting and shit, ugh. Is anything account wide? Obviously tradeskills aren't.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Man, I thought about coming back and starting over for the Fresh Start servers,
but I really didn't want to re-level all of my crafting and gathering skills.
Still don't. lol

I did notice, however, that First Light is gone, replaced by the "New Zone". Weird. Why not just add to the map?

Daidraco

Man, I thought about coming back and starting over for the Fresh Start servers,
but I really didn't want to re-level all of my crafting and gathering skills.
Still don't. lol

I did notice, however, that First Light is gone, replaced by the "New Zone". Weird. Why not just add to the map?
First Light was the most unused zone in all of the game. As in, it was uninteresting, repetitive as fuck to do those quests in, and had basically no farm materials in it. You can still find some stuff within the zone from the old zone, though. I get a lot of peoples thoughts on just leaving it there, but I also understand why they wanted to redo it.

I personally think that theyve learned a lot about what is "base line" for each zone within the game for them. The engine is still a horrid piece of shit, but Im hoping that New World zone design, cash shop design, etc. gives them a lot of good ideas on how to design the new Lord of the Rings game (if they are indeed going this way with it.)

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So weird problem. I don't know where to start the azoth staff quest that I never finished. It says I'm at stage 3 but still need 4 and 5. The quest doesn't show up or at least I can't find it. I've scoured the map looking for some special icon but can't find anything. Did they get rid of the quest or am I screwed?

Xerge

<Donor>
So weird problem. I don't know where to start the azoth staff quest that I never finished. It says I'm at stage 3 but still need 4 and 5. The quest doesn't show up or at least I can't find it. I've scoured the map looking for some special icon but can't find anything. Did they get rid of the quest or am I screwed?
I think there is a bug related to this. So screwed until they fix it Monday or Tuesday would be my guess. Bugs and queues aside, both PvE and PvP gameplay are absolutely thriving as Maramma has been increased to 3k pop and still had a 2k queue last night.

If only they released originally with this patch. if only.

edit: There was a hotfix rolled out tn. Might have fixed your issue

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Amazing that they still have this bug coming and going. G/f had it for the longest time and was able to progress the Main Story just because I was in the party - which may still work if you want to try that. They really just need to put an NPC in that lets you buy the fucking tier of the staff already.
If only they released originally with this patch. if only.
Why, whats up? I havent logged into the expansion yet. Im playing Phantom Liberty while I wait for it to die down some.

Cybsled

Dunno about the forum itself, but Maramma is the highest pop server. It's also locked, so if you don't already have a character there, you aren't getting in at the moment.

The lag during the influence PVP fights was pretty bad last night lol. I felt like it was the 90s and I was playing online on a shitty modem to a cross country server.

Reekwater, at the south tower, it felt like fucking Starship Troopers. It was endless waves of purples and greens assaulting the tower because the respawn shrine was like 30 feet away. I had like 2-10 FPS the entire time but the healers were keeping me up. I ended up looting like 10 legendaries from the corpses and got like 40k faction tokens and 4 battlepass levels from the meatgrinder lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Good to see numbers going way up. At least they're still supporting it.

steam.png

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
So I went ahead and loaded up the game. It's almost 10pm (Central) my time and the two servers I have characters on are:
Valhalla (Level 60) with 1 person in Queue and Lilith (Level 9) with 500 people in Queue.
Maramma has 1600 people in Queue. Man, did I pick the wrong servers back in the day or what? lol
I stopped playing before Season 1 was over and the game is now in Season 3.
I had no idea I hadn't played in so fucking long. It just doesn't feel like the game is this old already. Wow.