New World

Xerge

<Donor>
Named items remind me of EQ style items.

So far:

Levels connected to Tier​
Color graded including purples and legendaries​
Bonuses based on grade​
Named items​
Items have a gear score(ilevel?)​
Gem sockets​
Jewelry/weapon/equipment slots​

Xerge

<Donor>
Uh? All the description reminded me of a D3-type gear system more than an EQ one.

Huh??? Wasn't talking about the item systems. Was simply comparing New World "Named" items to how EQ has unique item naming.
Talking about systems though it sounds like a mix of diablo and elderscrolls online. Which i'm all for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Huh??? Wasn't talking about the item systems. Was simply comparing New World "Named" items to how EQ has unique item naming.
Talking about systems though it sounds like a mix of diablo and elderscrolls online. Which i'm all for.

The TESO similarities just keep popping up. Can you hear me now?.gif

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure what the guy in that video was so excited about. Everything seemed very boilerplate to me. Ooooh gear score , blue and purple tiers, and legendaries with unique names.. so creative ! Not saying break the system for the sake of something shiny and new esp if tried and true works for you, but still nothing to get excited about

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Only thing I found interesting was the introduction of material grades. Like you have ore to make a sword but your ore is higher quality than other ore so thus the sword is better.

Maybe I misunderstood what he said but it sounded like a watered down version of SWG... which would be nice since that game had the very best crafting system.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think it's more the fact that a lot of these weapon systems people enjoy. Rarity, quality, and RNG factors are generally good unless it makes the game into an unbearable grind looking for THE right stats on THE right rarity at THE right quality. I personally like running a dungeon that could take 15-30 minutes and getting a chance at a better version of X sword with Y perk. A lot of people with the casual game style won't want to grind it, but I us hardcore sweaty nerds love that shit. When it finally hits right and you get the Top Tier sword, of the 2nd highest quality, with 2 out of the 3 perks you want and it even though it's not perfect it feels like you EARNED it.

The thing from that that got me was the gameplay weirdly. The fact you skill shot ranged with a cooldown seems pretty cool. Not sure if they'll have archer/marksmen based classes or it's just your sidearm type deal, but that's pretty neat. I like fighting a man and then when you're both low it's all about who can roll away and hit that moneyshot.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
When it finally hits right and you get the Top Tier sword, of the 2nd highest quality, with 2 out of the 3 perks you want and it even though it's not perfect it feels like you EARNED it.
So, you liked the original BFA loot where you needed to run until you get the right titanforge, with the good suffix and a socket. Right.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
So, you liked the original BFA loot where you needed to run until you get the right titanforge, with the good suffix and a socket. Right.
That only sucks when you're daily timegated as Blizzard does. If you can run the dungeon at your leisure as much as you want, like Wild Star, it's a much better system. Time gating anything RNG related is a dick move outside of raids, obviously.

Xerge

<Donor>
Take my money. Maxed out all major mmo's and may check in with ff14/eso at the end of the year for a month but i've already purchased New World on steam. Worst case scenario AGS will be forced to make it 'work', fun, and profitable for Amazon. With no sub requirement I don't see this as a bad game investment from a consumer standpoint.

We all know the genre needs some fresh competition and plus release trainwrecks have their own unique fun. Vanguard? Age of Conan?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I do like that you're allowed to do whatever with your character with no carry over profession limits and that kind of bullshit from wow.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
the combat physics look far superior to Dark Souls or TESO.

if the combat is clean and responsive it will carry the game

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
There isn't one thing that blows me away, but I like most of their ideas so I'll definitely try when it comes out.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ive noticed that too. Nothing really blows me away in this game, or any of the other upcoming MMO's. I'm not sure what I'm expecting? But ya.. like most, I'm sure we'll try all the new MMO's.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
The worst thing about the game is the questing. Talk to npc - 'run over there (5 minutes away) and kill shit' - run back and hand in - talk to npc 'ok, that place you just ran back from, go back there and kill some different shit that is right next to the shit you killed last time' - run back and hand in - talk to npc 'right, that place you just ran to and from twice, well go back and get me some boxes of shit from right next to the shit you killed'

Edit: and you cant stack the quests, or quick travel.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The worst thing about the game is the questing. Talk to npc - 'run over there (5 minutes away) and kill shit' - run back and hand in - talk to npc 'ok, that place you just ran back from, go back there and kill some different shit that is right next to the shit you killed last time' - run back and hand in - talk to npc 'right, that place you just ran to and from twice, well go back and get me some boxes of shit from right next to the shit you killed'

Edit: and you cant stack the quests, or quick travel.

Hopefully they aren't padding the game with that particular style of system intentionally, but due to the game being fully re-designed into more PVE/quest orientation from last year, it would seem to be wholly intentional.

Ashes of Creation might edge out New World for most playable up and coming game as far as world feel goes. At the end of the day its going to be hard to get the survival MMO stink off while at the same time padding lore and questing/PVE content because people last year said "hey wait a minute, we need an MMO."

That said the animations, combat, and performance all look like winners so far

• 1Like