New World

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Steam install for the closed beta is up now. (~37.51 GB in size)
View attachment 363064

Pre-ordered on steam a while back. Not seeing the install button. Anyone else not seeing it? Would have liked to preload it.

Edit: NM had to clear the cache, find the beta, etc.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I used a key to setup my account and also bought my g/f a copy of the game. Both of us are able to login to server select with no additional questions. I think the "preorder before the end of the 17th or you may have to wait 48 hours" is just them covering their ass in case they have some difficulties.

Tomorrow at 9am, I guess we're bum rushing Atlantis. Xerge Xerge , Ill msg you if you dont msg me.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All the players piling into just a few. Top half has single player queues, then the bottom two have 2k players each. Why would people just sit there and wait when its beta is weird.

US west is nice at least, Barely any queues. THough still a few servers listed under maintenance too.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Watching some streams of this. The sounds and visuals are nice. people seem to be leveling extremely fast.

Last edited:

Xerge

<Donor>
Pro tip - there is currency to spend in the store

1626804622853.png

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’m on Musphelheim, as this is just beta, and I am only really interested in figuring what weapons I want to use anyway. Fuck waiting that long in a queue.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stuck on a quest. The Survival Tips one. Will not update for Travel to Inkwell Cave. Since nothing exists yet for info, this kinda sucks.

Well, you have to run all around the area outside the cave to get it to update proper. Not you know...inside the cave.

Last edited:

Daidraco

I figured I would wait for the bum rush to be over, but Atlantis queue is still 30 minutes even now.
-edit - ahh the servers went down 40 minutes ago. Makes sense.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Do people actually think this game will last? Or are people just playing it because the launch/beginning of an MMORPG is always fun.

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Stuck on a quest. The Survival Tips one. Will not update for Travel to Inkwell Cave. Since nothing exists yet for info, this kinda sucks.

Well, you have to run all around the area outside the cave to get it to update proper. Not you know...inside the cave.
Run out of the boundary for Inkwell, then back in and it should complete. I did it on the cliffs on the southeastish side. Definitely bugged though.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Do people actually think this game will last? Or are people just playing it because the launch/beginning of an MMORPG is always fun.
Watching the streams it looks fun, admittedly i've only watched a few hours in the background of people in newbie areas just figuring stuff. I had barely looked into it prior to today. Might be affected by the fact I haven't played a MMO really since WoW Classic release, and before that nothing in years. I think the combat is going to be awesome or a disaster, more active ala GW2.

Probably influenced by the enjoyment of new release rush feelings.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I'll do what I do every time. I'll play non-stop until I miss a day for some reason and then I'll never play it ever again*.

edit: *except to return when other games slow down, play for a day or two and quit again.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Watching the streams it looks fun, admittedly i've only watched a few hours in the background of people in newbie areas just figuring stuff. I had barely looked into it prior to today. Might be affected by the fact I haven't played a MMO really since WoW Classic release, and before that nothing in years. I think the combat is going to be awesome or a disaster, more active ala GW2.

Probably influenced by the enjoyment of new release rush feelings.
I watched some streams during the last wave of beta and everyone's fun lasted for about 2 days tops and then it was crickets. Even the forums/subreddit were dead. And it has only been a couple months since than. I don't see how they created enough content since than to maintain people's interest for more than a week tops.

I'll do what I do every time. I'll play non-stop until I miss a day for some reason and then I'll never play it ever again*.

edit: *except to return when other games slow down, play for a day or two and quit again.
The MMO way. It's so funny how missing just one day so often = never log back in, or at least a very long break.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Daidraco

I watched some streams during the last wave of beta and everyone's fun lasted for about 2 days tops and then it was crickets. Even the forums/subreddit were dead. And it has only been a couple months since than. I don't see how they created enough content since than to maintain people's interest for more than a week tops.
The team is pretty massive last I checked. Looked like it was double the amount of people that WoW or triple what FFXIV have atm. There is a mountain of content that was added and they redid a lot of systems to be more friendly / less grindy. I dove into what has changed since the last time when Xerge Xerge gave me one of his few keys. Ended up buying a copy so my g/f and I can play Atlantis with his crew.