New World

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
God bless them for self-isolating away from the rest of the community.

I ended up on an unofficial brazillian wow classic server and every other tell was broken english.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The french players(and germans, spanish and italians) usually pick a server as an unofficial server, so they can speak french there and shit. Same on every mmo I played. Like on XIV, that server is Moogle and people often hate on the Moogle players in savage and stuff, cause they tend to be toxic retards. I usually avoid playing with other french ppl for that reason and know a few other french that also avoid the french servers. Ultimately it tends to self contain itself. Just need to make sure you do your research and don't pick that server.

Plenty of toxic Americans running around. And we don't self isolate. Heheh.

Xerge

<Donor>
LOL you people are acting like this is release or some shit. Its a 2 week beta where it all gets wiped anyway. Why burn yourself out on the game like a month before it even releases?
What the fuck, of course non plebs want to have an upper hand knowing how the game functions, what weapons they enjoy, and maybe understanding basic mechanics so youre not newworld_timmy_001

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Steam install for the closed beta is up now. (~37.51 GB in size)
1626720025249.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xerge

<Donor>
I had my steam open in the background and noticed the activity. Lots of social hype for this

were going to fucking war

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Update. Officially stated that
Expect a message from Game Director Scot Lane on July 20 at 9:00AM PT (4:00PM UTC) with information about the updates and changes made to New World and what you’ll experience in Closed Beta. Make sure to follow our Twitch channel here, and stay tuned for news on our first Developer livestream closer to launch.

The New World Closed Beta begins July 20 at 9:30AM PT (4:30PM UTC) and will continue until August 2 at 11:59M PT (6:59AM UTC).

New World Closed Beta

Last edited:

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just a quick update, Emails seem to be going out now and I got my Creator Program stuff and key(s) for the closed beta.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Odd, I just downloaded it off Steam. I got all the way to the world select which of course has no current worlds up. I have yet to be asked for a key. I guess it just auto includes if you download from a Steam Account.

• 1Like

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When I tried to active one of the new keys they sent today, Steam told me I was already activated. /shrug

Also, here's the music from the closed beta launcher. Not sure if this is all of it, but it streamed about 25+ minutes of pretty chill music.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
So people who are having trouble make sure you download New World Closed Beta client. There's several clients in Steam at least, but that's the one you need. Most people are getting a 'you've already redeemed a code for this game' or whatever notice so I imagine it should be okay.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I got my Amazon pre-order email with a a key. Downloaded the Steam client, as everyone says without worlds available yet. It agrees with the tool that US East is closest. I'M IN finally LOOOL.
Dance Lol GIF

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I just had to put my reading glasses on. This is because the guild I'm in leading into beta and launch primarily utilizes discord which is best consumed on my phone. I'm 40. God some of our asses are getting old (me.)

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Make sure to harang all your friends who were in the creator program as they got 4 free friend codes. 5 total codes and if our previous ownership code still works that may mean another freebie.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you were in the closed alpha for years do you get in the CB for free?
So, we're not sure. I can log in and haven't used a code and I was in Alpha. It APPEARS that it's not even necessarily the Alpha, but in fact the OPEN BETA from last August as steam registers it as the same game (it has logged hours tracked).

So... maybe? Maybe for Alpha testers and MAYBE for everyone who played last August before they pushed the game. I'm saving a code for myself in case it doesn't work but I have the client downloaded and logged into the server select already without adding any new codes.