New World

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm not into games that don't have 40 hours of required chores per week just to participate in the 'fun' parts.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I don't have any hopes for it long term for myself or the game itself. I just need to keep busy until Lost Ark drops =O

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whos buying this, feels like unfinished flaming pile of garbage. Although I am tempted.

Payed for it a long time ago. New mmo launches are fun for the first month or two. Running around with a ton of people who don't know what the fuck is going on is enjoyable to me. That's worth the box price, even if the game eventually fails.

Dislike joining a mmo later after everyone has put up youtube strats and found all of the exploits / secrets. More of a grind then and less of an adventure.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah definitely aiming to get a few fall/winter months out of this. Other than the time fucking off to max level, environments are and performance is good, PVP will be entertaining hopefully doesn't get too unbalanced. Hope they add more "stuff" all around which they seem to already have on hand and continue to be working on. Not sure if the true poopsockers will get their fill longterm but will see how it goes.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Like I've said several times before in this thread, it'll come out, be fun, and either they'll drop content fast enough we'll be impressed or it'll take a few months before they figure themselves out and it becomes a truly good game. No reason not to buy it for $40 and play it then sit on it when it gets dull until they pump out something innovative or engaging in the coming months. Everyone is going to blast the Oct/Nov release games for 3 weeks straight but they're most shooters that get stale as fuck so they'll be ready to come back to this and do new race dungeons or BattleGrounds or craft-offs or whatever they come up with.

• 1Picard

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I agree with Zindan. Outside the crafting, Bless Unleashed does everything better.
Really? I have watched some videos on and it really didn't look amazing (or even anything to write home about) to me. I guess I need to visit the thread and see what I am missing. I did get that the PTW hype was just that, overblown, and it sounded like every other cash shop at least since GW2.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really? I have watched some videos on and it really didn't look amazing (or even anything to write home about) to me. I guess I need to visit the thread and see what I am missing. I did get that the PTW hype was just that, overblown, and it sounded like every other cash shop at least since GW2.
I wasn't super convinced about it, but something about the open beta really hooked me. Not sure how long it'll last, but I'm looking forward to it for at least a month or so.

• 1Like

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I wasn't super convinced about it, but something about the open beta really hooked me. Not sure how long it'll last, but I'm looking forward to it for at least a month or so.

what server are you on and all that good stuff? bless always intrigued me tried it out when it was first released and not sure if it wasnt optimized right or what but my machine struggled to play it so i put it down and never looked back, but im hella bored and the world still intrigues me more my style art wise and all that good stuff

wouldent mind derping around with someone as i mostly enjoy playing a support type class and solo has never been fun to me really.

Wage

Molten Core Raider
I've been riding the fence on this game since the early alphas but I think after this last beta I may finally be out, so I went ahead and cancelled my preorder. The change to combat and stagger may be the final nail for me. Combat went from interesting and unique for an MMO to what to me feels like some of the shallowest and worst in the genre right now. I may give it one more shot during this final beta but unless they revert that change I just can't see any fun to be had in this game.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I agree with Zindan. Outside the crafting, Bless Unleashed does everything better.
wow just heard of this for the first time and watched the Trailer. Crazy similar looking to NW - but Bless just looks slightly dated? and more basic IMO. Was it made for consoles first? that usually hurts.

but i think people will actually play NW for a little while

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
wow just heard of this for the first time and watched the Trailer. Crazy similar looking to NW - but Bless just looks slightly dated? and more basic IMO. Was it made for consoles first? that usually hurts.

but i think people will actually play NW for a little while
Seems like it was made for the Switch of things, if I am seeing/reading this correctly, before it was taken down and redone ala FFxiv. I am still in on New World. I really don't see how Bless can be better, but I have played New World and am currently playing FF and don't have room for another mediocre MMO. If it is an amaze-balls experience, sure. +5%? eh, we'll see.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Man I have no idea how anyone can arrive there but okay. To each their own.

Last time I played NW the questing was pretty bad for exp, and badly designed. You were better off grinding mobs.
BU questing is the best way for exp, and pretty damn well designed .

NW travel was atrocious.
BU travel is a snap. Maybe too easy. Hell it is. Making a huge world small. Rather this though than the constant marathon that was NW.

Combat in NW is janky with the weapon swap. I personally couldn't stand it. They also could have used 1 more skill on your bar.
BU is action combat. You get only four skills on your hotbar, but the combos off each skill makes this too much really. You pretty much choose two or three main skills.

World bosses, I never saw one in NW...but lets say there are some. BU does this right also. Like damn near perfectly. The bosses scale. Need dozens to kill (and people always show up if you start the fight because on their map they are alerted.), and drop regardless of level, there is something worth your time most times. Plus if you get there at 100% or 10%...you get drops. Incentivize for everyone to always come help.

NW mounts?
BU lvl 3? Choose 5.

Graphics are clearly better on NW...but BU I have never had a graphical anomaly in the slightest. NW the longer I played, the worse my experience was graphically. Rebooting every couple hours was needed. I do admit, they are not in the same league for looks or age of engine used though. I would expect BU to run as well as it does. NW gets this, but I don't mind the dated graphics.

I HATE PVP IN MY MMO. BU does this well also. They force you into PvP zones as you quest. BUT don't want to participate? Here's a scroll that won't allow people to target you for 30 minutes. Get your shit done, and get out. I have been ganked once, and done the ganking 3x. And two time because dudes were being asshats with quest mobs.

All that said? 30-35 on BU there is a hell of a wall. Not a pay wall, but a leveling wall. You can not complete your main story quest unless you group up for dungeons at some point. Remember those quests that gave great exp? That slows down like a mofo. You MUST clear out a zones quests on a daily basis, not grind out dungeons, like I tend to do in my MMO's. A week to get to 30? A week to get to 35? This is also because of the upgrade system slows you down with needed materials. Enter the typical Asian RNG bullshit, and cash shop. Not needed, but helpful. Especially if you know what you're doing. Cash shop PTW is there, but minimal to not needed. I have not used it myself, outside a mount. They do give you the needed materials for just playing. But you have to play, and complete your dailys.

CHEESY fuckin boss fights in BU. I HATE boss fights where you must take damage, regardless how well you play. I hate boss fights with no tell given moves. I hate boss fights where mele has a clear disadvantage. They have a couple of these. The poison dragon, being one where you MUST complete the dungeon in order to progress the story. Took me 6 attempts with randos.

ALL classes are dps classes with utility, survival, or just more dps. I'm a holy trinity guy.

Anyway...games fun. It's free try it.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Last time I played NW the questing was pretty bad for exp, and badly designed. You were better off grinding mobs.
BU questing is the best way for exp, and pretty damn well designed .

Bruh my crew made it to 21 without touching the main quest and we all had to back track on it. The game gives multiple avenues to chase for meaningful experience.
NW travel was atrocious.
BU travel is a snap. Maybe too easy. Hell it is. Making a huge world small. Rather this though than the constant marathon that was NW.
New World travel is meaningful and there are wayshrines to unlock for fast teleport.
Combat in NW is janky with the weapon swap. I personally couldn't stand it. They also could have used 1 more skill on your bar.
BU is action combat. You get only four skills on your hotbar, but the combos off each skill makes this too much really. You pretty much choose two or three main skills.
So you think more skills must equal more??? more what? A fourth ability would break new world and make it a different game to balance. Combat in New World is weighted, heavy, and overall enjoyable. My underdog experience was tanking, fucking loved it.
World bosses, I never saw one in NW...but lets say there are some. BU does this right also. Like damn near perfectly. The bosses scale. Need dozens to kill (and people always show up if you start the fight because on their map they are alerted.), and drop regardless of level, there is something worth your time most times. Plus if you get there at 100% or 10%...you get drops. Incentivize for everyone to always come help.
There is literally world corruption events all the time 25+ and are a great way to grind out some experience.
NW mounts?
BU lvl 3? Choose 5.
You don't need them and this is a little personal bitch gripe.
Graphics are clearly better on NW...but BU I have never had a graphical anomaly in the slightest. NW the longer I played, the worse my experience was graphically. Rebooting every couple hours was needed. I do admit, they are not in the same league for looks or age of engine used though. I would expect BU to run as well as it does. NW gets this, but I don't mind the dated graphics.
Honestly no one on my crew experienced this. Get good
I HATE PVP IN MY MMO. BU does this well also. They force you into PvP zones as you quest. BUT don't want to participate? Here's a scroll that won't allow people to target you for 30 minutes. Get your shit done, and get out. I have been ganked once, and done the ganking 3x. And two time because dudes were being asshats with quest mobs.
New World has the most optional PVP ever.......
All that said? 30-35 on BU there is a hell of a wall. Not a pay wall, but a leveling wall. You can not complete your main story quest unless you group up for dungeons at some point. Remember those quests that gave great exp? That slows down like a mofo. You MUST clear out a zones quests on a daily basis, not grind out dungeons, like I tend to do in my MMO's. A week to get to 30? A week to get to 35? This is also because of the upgrade system slows you down with needed materials. Enter the typical Asian RNG bullshit, and cash shop. Not needed, but helpful. Especially if you know what you're doing. Cash shop PTW is there, but minimal to not needed. I have not used it myself, outside a mount. They do give you the needed materials for just playing. But you have to play, and complete your dailys.

CHEESY fuckin boss fights in BU. I HATE boss fights where you must take damage, regardless how well you play. I hate boss fights with no tell given moves. I hate boss fights where mele has a clear disadvantage. They have a couple of these. The poison dragon, being one where you MUST complete the dungeon in order to progress the story. Took me 6 attempts with randos.

ALL classes are dps classes with utility, survival, or just more dps. I'm a holy trinity guy.

Anyway...games fun. It's free try it.
Anyway thanks for explaining why Blessed Unleashed isn't worth anyone's time.

• 1Picard

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Bruh my crew made it to 21 without touching the main quest and we all had to back track on it. The game gives multiple avenues to chase for meaningful experience.

What are these meaningful avenues? All MMO's have meaningful avenues for exp. But grinding mobs should not be the best.
New World travel is meaningful and there are wayshrines to unlock for fast teleport.

What does this even mean? Meaningful travel?
So you think more skills must equal more??? more what? A fourth ability would break new world and make it a different game to balance. Combat in New World is weighted, heavy, and overall enjoyable. My underdog experience was tanking, fucking loved it.

Ok. Rebalance it. Again, what does weighted mean? You think it's enjoyable. I thought it was...OK at best.
There is literally world corruption events all the time 25+ and are a great way to grind out some experience.

Ok. Nothing to dispute there.
You don't need them and this is a little personal bitch gripe.

Dude. You want a player to run back and forth 3x to the same locations. Back....and forth. You don't think given a LITTLE bit of a speed boost would be nice?
Honestly no one on my crew experienced this. Get good

Well clearly didn't happen then.

New World has the most optional PVP ever.......

Ever. Clearly. You do it or you don't?
Anyway thanks for explaining why Blessed Unleashed isn't worth anyone's time.

I at least try and be objective bro.

Xerge

<Donor>
What are these meaningful avenues? All MMO's have meaningful avenues for exp. But grinding mobs should not be the best.
Grinding mobs is not the best. Although I know people were firestaff aoe grinding if that' your jam.
What does this even mean? Meaningful travel?
To me and others, traversing somewhere were and having fun doing it while including a fast travel mechanic, which they do.
Ok. Rebalance it. Again, what does weighted mean? You think it's enjoyable. I thought it was...OK at best.
Weighted to myself and my crew meant the majority of hits mean something, as in, face tank it if you want or dodge/block, and your over all macro during combat matters as well.
Dude. You want a player to run back and forth 3x to the same locations. Back....and forth. You don't think given a LITTLE bit of a speed boost would be nice?
Huh? Why were you doing that? You didn't cap your Azoth and traveled every where? I mean if you offered me a SoW buff i'd not deny it but no, PCs already move fast thru the world and there's forgiveness with fall dmg.
1629978464375.png

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even if you only slightly like New World, launch will be an absolute blast and shouldnt be missed. Thats generally true for most MMO's. Ive read all the personal gripes people have over travel etc. a thousand times. I get it, the early levels make travel miserable. But mounts are coming, we just dont know when. Whatever "when the map is big enough" means. But personally, anytime I had to go somewhere new - I would port to the nearest wayshrine and run there doing all kind of harvesting and chest finding. Basically, I just had fun playing the game in beta.

Game is $40 bucks. Thats basically nothing for what you're getting in return.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users