New World

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
can someone in FOH company leadership on VIngolf give me an invite? Syndicate. My in game name is Blattos.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Computer crash and queue of 1200. FML.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
can someone in FOH company leadership on VIngolf give me an invite? Syndicate. My in game name is Blattos.
I'm not in game right now but everyone has invite rights. Just need to be syndicate.

I'm not leadership btw lol. Dont think we have any really so far. Just keeping up on invites if I see them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Having a fucking blast and I love the game.

BUT

So many QOL improvements need to be made.

1) Why can't I search through my quest window for a keyword? Why is it organized in what seems like a totally random way? FF14 nailed having search bars for fucking everything. Every game should mimic this.

2) Why can't I unflag pvp in 2 clicks and also simultaneously abandon my pvp quests? You can't turn off pvp if you have a pvp quest, so you have to scroll through potentially dozens of quests and do it manually. Like, when you teleport, it asks you to abandon pvp quests and that's okay, so why can't it ask you to do that when you press U to disable it?

3) Why can't I mark certain resources as do not want so that I never accidentally mine 2 bushes a flint and a tiny tree before I get to the thing I actually wanted.

4) Chat UI.

5) Guild/character info needs greatly expanded upon. Guild tab shows almost no info about the players.

6) I want to be able to set up gear sets and swap to them with a single button press. Oh look, a bunch of ores, I'll just press my hotkey and my gear all swaps to mining luck.

7) Why can't I set a certain consumable to a specific slot and have it stay there. I enter a territory and buy 3 potions, later in the fight I restock, but because I used the first 3, I have to manually re equip them.

8) Same goes for weapon abilities upon respeccing. It should remember where I keep them and put them there automatically.

9) Sorting through crafting stations is a tedious mess.

10) The map needs to have more info and let you customize it heavily with points of interest etc. Why does Amazon have a full map with all points of interest on their own website, and yet when you discover said points in game, they don't get marked down? It's pointless to force people to have the same map made by the same people on another screen just because one has more info. Every Hemp spawn I find should get marked down and be filterable just like the online map, and I should be able to search in the map for anything I want and have those things glow on the map when I'm looking at it.

11) Let me open my inventory while auto running.

12) Why can't I trade items in a dungeon? Tons of loot is boe, and people sometimes want to share, but have to wait till afterward and have to meet up physically, which is often a problem since many times people came from different locations.

13) Again, there's a huge lack of search windows. It is hell for a territory leader to invite people into the war, because they could have hundreds of applicants and you can't sort them or search properly.

14) Tons of items, mainly crafting stuff could use way more clear, concise information about them.

15) Marketplace search system is atrocious. It's 1999 tech.

16) The campfire nerf to 500 meter range was stupid. A system is not a good system when it rewards people killing themselves on purpose to teleport. The best way to do something should never be to deliberately kill your character, let alone on such a regular basis.

The list is truly endless and I'm amazed how few QOL features this game has. Things that have been standard, basic, and intuitive for 10 years now.

Hopefully these issues can be helped by mods? Or what is the deal with that? Is that something that will be possible in the future?

Oh and the game has 0 anti cheat tech, like absolutely 0.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah had to run my son to soccer practice. Daughter was supposed to watch it for me while I was gone so I’d don’t get kicked. She forgot, 1350 queue. And it moves so fucking slow.

• 1Solidarity

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Game actually has anti-cheat tech. It's not invasive like other ones (ie; Vanguard, EAC, etc) are.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You didn't hear about the "Skip the Queue" entitlement? Log into your Amazon account - Click Subscriptions - Click Prime - Scroll down to "New World" check the box "Skip The Queue" - Probably the best $119 per year I have spent.
Eh? How would Amazon know how to link my steam account to my prime account?
1633040254822.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If you have Twitch prime, check your prime loot. There is. New world bundle that makes you link your Amazon account with steam
Buncha fucking nerds in here! I don't have any of that stuff. I have a prime membership and New world. Do I need to link my fucking bidet to my cell phone before I can enable queue-skipping or what?!

• 1Worf

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
PSA: there seems to be 2 queues going. One is the normal one everybody is bitching about (like 2000 in Q), I logged out in the starting area on my lvl 25 after completing a fishing quest there. Bad idea. I'm 41 in que, not bad! Wait what's this "You are queued for a starting area...." , and it hasn't moved in 2 hours, seems kind of bugged!

• 1Rustled

Xevy

Log Wizard
There may certainly be hidden queue systems such as staring zones when they released new servers they did pop cap 1k at a time because they held back people due to everyone being in the same starting beaches) and there's also different queue lables "entering the open world" "entering the starting area" etc etc. It would be VERY smart if there were queues based upon characters progression so that people invested could get back in and keep playing and true newbies could go to a server where they'd start off with a better chance at not being behind and with no queue.

The server transfers will be very interesting. My guild is primarily on a mega server out of sheer bad luck so about 8-15 of us are on other servers just leveling up. I honestly don't want to transfer to a server with an hour long queue prime time every night BUT these barely filled servers often have very little to no claimed territories and almost no upgraded crafting stations. Basically the whole server is in caveman times until some guild gets big enough to buy a zone and start pumpin the crafts up to T3+.

And for whoever was wondering how people were mining Star Metal day 2: you can mine boulders for mining exp just as well as iron and there's plenty of them around.

• 1Like

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was mining starmetal day 2. Slow as fuck of course with my steel pick. I’ve made 50, and haven’t gotten one that was really what I want.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Fuck... I started on one of the 28 new servers that just opened up the other day and now it has a queue, too ><

• 1Rustled

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Shroud with 100k viewers watching him chop down trees is so great lol. The grind is real in this game. EQ with this engine would be awesome.

• 1Solidarity

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Having a fucking blast and I love the game.

BUT

So many QOL improvements need to be made.

1) Why can't I search through my quest window for a keyword? Why is it organized in what seems like a totally random way? FF14 nailed having search bars for fucking everything. Every game should mimic this.

2) Why can't I unflag pvp in 2 clicks and also simultaneously abandon my pvp quests? You can't turn off pvp if you have a pvp quest, so you have to scroll through potentially dozens of quests and do it manually. Like, when you teleport, it asks you to abandon pvp quests and that's okay, so why can't it ask you to do that when you press U to disable it?

3) Why can't I mark certain resources as do not want so that I never accidentally mine 2 bushes a flint and a tiny tree before I get to the thing I actually wanted.

4) Chat UI.

5) Guild/character info needs greatly expanded upon. Guild tab shows almost no info about the players.

6) I want to be able to set up gear sets and swap to them with a single button press. Oh look, a bunch of ores, I'll just press my hotkey and my gear all swaps to mining luck.

7) Why can't I set a certain consumable to a specific slot and have it stay there. I enter a territory and buy 3 potions, later in the fight I restock, but because I used the first 3, I have to manually re equip them.

8) Same goes for weapon abilities upon respeccing. It should remember where I keep them and put them there automatically.

9) Sorting through crafting stations is a tedious mess.

10) The map needs to have more info and let you customize it heavily with points of interest etc. Why does Amazon have a full map with all points of interest on their own website, and yet when you discover said points in game, they don't get marked down? It's pointless to force people to have the same map made by the same people on another screen just because one has more info. Every Hemp spawn I find should get marked down and be filterable just like the online map, and I should be able to search in the map for anything I want and have those things glow on the map when I'm looking at it.

11) Let me open my inventory while auto running.

12) Why can't I trade items in a dungeon? Tons of loot is boe, and people sometimes want to share, but have to wait till afterward and have to meet up physically, which is often a problem since many times people came from different locations.

13) Again, there's a huge lack of search windows. It is hell for a territory leader to invite people into the war, because they could have hundreds of applicants and you can't sort them or search properly.

14) Tons of items, mainly crafting stuff could use way more clear, concise information about them.

15) Marketplace search system is atrocious. It's 1999 tech.

16) The campfire nerf to 500 meter range was stupid. A system is not a good system when it rewards people killing themselves on purpose to teleport. The best way to do something should never be to deliberately kill your character, let alone on such a regular basis.

The list is truly endless and I'm amazed how few QOL features this game has. Things that have been standard, basic, and intuitive for 10 years now.

Hopefully these issues can be helped by mods? Or what is the deal with that? Is that something that will be possible in the future?

Oh and the game has 0 anti cheat tech, like absolutely 0.
pretty much agree with all of this. with that said game is like a B+ thus far. having fun doing pretty much everything. yes the running is on the heavier side especially early. roaming with a person or two flagged looking for fights is fun, the game engine is so good compared to all of the ~<2010 dated stuff we all play