New World

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haven't played the game yet, I'm still on the fence. However, one of the biggest gripes I've seen (not just here) is there are no mounts, and a shit ton of forced traveling. I mean, in 2021, you can't give people a fucking horse to ride?
It’s super evident in your low levels. Then after you get all the shrines and towns in a zone and learn the port penalties, it gets a lot better. Then you get houses and such and it becomes an afterthought. It really is the level 15 WoW kind of Person complaining about that shit cause it’s just not that big of a deal. I would love a mount, but I just don’t care about it.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One thing I can say is the itemization is pretty awesome with all the random bonuses.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
One thing I can say is the itemization is pretty awesome with all the random bonuses.
The perks are legit pretty cool, feels like the full range of stuff and I believe over 350 unique effects from gear and gems. Leeches, threat mods, slows,hastes, +stats, +tradeskills, cooldown mods, damage mods, spell procs, potion effects, etc

The amount of Perks a single piece of Equipment can have, are directly related to the rarity of the item.
  • No Perks - Common Quality
  • 1 Perk - Uncommon Quality
  • 2 Perks - Rare Quality
  • 3 Perks - Epic Quality
  • Legendary items have specific unique perks

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I'm in game, but I noticed the aws console was getting 504s about an hour ago. Not sure if they have some problems over there today.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This seems to be a recurring problem with a lot of quests that ask you to inspect an object or place an object that triggers a mob that spawns.

You end up getting dozens of mobs on top of each other, making it impossibly difficult to solo. (Also, I know there are tank/focus specs out there that make most mobs trivial — but I prefer to play a Bow/Rapier glass cannon build; so this just looks like a bad idea.)

1634059146571.png

• 1Like

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I don't think I've even encountered a quest that spawns a mob. Are they all at 60?

There's at least 3 quests I have right now in Reekwater that should be solo-able, but they're all glitched like this. I do recall another quest that had a similar trigger/inspect function in Ebonscale Reach that did the same thing.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bought this yesterday on Steam just randomly. I played the very beginning so far, but I'm just now realizing I should check here to see if there is anything I should know before starting up officially.

Servers are just servers? Or are there PvP servers or any differences in the names Terra etc.
Any videos for beginners you'd recommend?

Fuzzynutts

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bought this yesterday on Steam just randomly. I played the very beginning so far, but I'm just now realizing I should check here to see if there is anything I should know before starting up officially.

Servers are just servers? Or are there PvP servers or any differences in the names Terra etc.
Any videos for beginners you'd recommend?

Dashel,
You can PvP in all servers by turning your PvP flag to on (pressing U while in a town), but some servers have a higher rate of PvP than others. We're all on Vingolf and have chosen the Syndicate faction. When you hit level 9 (maybe it was 10) you'll get asked to join one of three. You have to be in Syndicate first to join the FoH company.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's at least 3 quests I have right now in Reekwater that should be solo-able, but they're all glitched like this. I do recall another quest that had a similar trigger/inspect function in Ebonscale Reach that did the same thing.
I'm guessing you're not on Vingolf? If you are, Ill come knock em out with you no problem.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speaking of quests, all those armor building quests (with gear 420, 440, 460) you were apparently supposed to keep, but no one did.

I guess at the end of the questline you upgrade them.

Awesome...faggot developers.

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quick question. The meat quest for depths can be run more than one time. Do you get a pet from the quest? Do you have to run it a certain number of times?

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of quests, all those armor building quests (with gear 420, 440, 460) you were apparently supposed to keep, but no one did.

I guess at the end of the questline you upgrade them.

Awesome...faggot developers.
My ocd is flipping the fuck out after reading this.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dashel,
You can PvP in all servers by turning your PvP flag to on (pressing U while in a town), but some servers have a higher rate of PvP than others. We're all on Vingolf and have chosen the Syndicate faction. When you hit level 9 (maybe it was 10) you'll get asked to join one of three. You have to be in Syndicate first to join the FoH company.

Perfect thanks. How is the server? I'll probably go ahead and join that one then.

Brigandier

Molten Core Raider
Hey guys, ex-hardcore EQ (2000-2003) player here, would it be alright if I rolled on Vingolf with you all? Please feel free to let me know, thanks

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users