New World

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For the people who initially decided to play on a less popular server at launch who want to transfer to the server they wanted to begin with.

Also, counter attack ability in sword tree is incredible. It doesnt seem like much but it does make a difference, esp if you have a good shield.

25 % damage increase for blocking 5 attacks. I am doing noticeably more damage now in pvp.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am pretty sure they have an automated system in place for banning players. This patch note would indicate the possibility.

Fixed an issue causing players kicked, suspended, banned, or removed from the game by Easy Anti-Cheat to receive unclear communication. Additional messaging has been added so players can better understand the penalty they received.

I meant to quote Daidraco:

"The "Cult of Thigh" or whatever that owns Brightwood was all over chat from returning players of the Syndicate guild that owned it saying that they got half the guild auto banned for 24 hours before the War. Meanwhile AGS is saying that they dont auto ban, yet theres proof on reddit that they do from their own GM's. I wont be surprised if a few people quit from that horse shit"

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am pretty sure they have an automated system in place for banning players. This patch note would indicate the possibility.

Fixed an issue causing players kicked, suspended, banned, or removed from the game by Easy Anti-Cheat to receive unclear communication. Additional messaging has been added so players can better understand the penalty they received.

I meant to quote Daidraco:

"The "Cult of Thigh" or whatever that owns Brightwood was all over chat from returning players of the Syndicate guild that owned it saying that they got half the guild auto banned for 24 hours before the War. Meanwhile AGS is saying that they dont auto ban, yet theres proof on reddit that they do from their own GM's. I wont be surprised if a few people quit from that horse shit"
That shit just sounds like they are going from "You are Banned" to "You have been banned for Offensive Behavior" or some such nonsense. Not a direct fix to the actual problem.

As far as the patch today, I dont know what Im expecting from these patches - but both this one and the last have been very underwhelming. I really wish they would give a road map or a teaser of whats in the pipe line. Im wanting to see "We have evaluated all mob respawn times and have adjusted them accordingly" in particular, but just something meatier would mean a lot for me personally.

Ive still got a ton of shit to do - but I got up to 540 item level at 60, spending 8k gold yesterday morning scooting around all the different towns for specific pieces of gear. I need to get mods that actually effect the skills that I have, but overall - Im at 13,062 health which is just obnoxious. I had to look extra hard at some pieces cause they just dont make sense at times. Found Heavy boots with 21 constitution on them, but paying attention to the actual stats - I noticed they had basically the same physical/elemental resists as Light armor. Found another that had the same resistances as Medium. They still have the weight of Heavy, so something funky is going on there.

Was in Dynasty Shipyard late last night trying it out. We failed that shit cause we had people lower than 55 and I think the healer could have been better - but Im also struggling myself with tanking some stuff. I feel like I'm just so f'n slow and mobs will attack me and slide off and get behind me. DPS were non stop getting in front of the bosses even though Im just kiting it backwards in a circle around the room. The dogs would hit me for a 1/3 of my HP, but the DPS would just get one shot if they got in a bad spot. Made me laugh a bit, but we couldnt get past that boss after about four tries- which from what Ive learned from watching videos on the instance, that boss is the hardest one in the dungeon. Genesis and Lazarus is going to be a treat if this is any example of what to look forward to.

Xerge

<Donor>
Was in Dynasty Shipyard late last night trying it out. We failed that shit cause we had people lower than 55 and I think the healer could have been better - but Im also struggling myself with tanking some stuff. I feel like I'm just so f'n slow and mobs will attack me and slide off and get behind me. DPS were non stop getting in front of the bosses even though Im just kiting it backwards in a circle around the room. The dogs would hit me for a 1/3 of my HP, but the DPS would just get one shot if they got in a bad spot. Made me laugh a bit, but we couldnt get past that boss after about four tries- which from what Ive learned from watching videos on the instance, that boss is the hardest one in the dungeon. Genesis and Lazarus is going to be a treat if this is any example of what to look forward to.
The difference between good supports is fucking crazy. I watched my buddy stream in discord, he's was level 42 healing a depths group, and they tapped out on the last boss because the tank was the problem even with 3 life staff users. Everyone peaced out but my buddy who invited me and we refilled the group. After 5 tries we nailed it with me tanking it at 39, the previous tank was 45 with sns/spear.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So is there a guild/company for FOH chads? I've been leveling on vingolf as a syndicate, I didn't want to commit as I didn't know how long this was going to hold my attention.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That shit just sounds like they are going from "You are Banned" to "You have been banned for Offensive Behavior" or some such nonsense. Not a direct fix to the actual problem.

As far as the patch today, I dont know what Im expecting from these patches - but both this one and the last have been very underwhelming. I really wish they would give a road map or a teaser of whats in the pipe line. Im wanting to see "We have evaluated all mob respawn times and have adjusted them accordingly" in particular, but just something meatier would mean a lot for me personally.

Ive still got a ton of shit to do - but I got up to 540 item level at 60, spending 8k gold yesterday morning scooting around all the different towns for specific pieces of gear. I need to get mods that actually effect the skills that I have, but overall - Im at 13,062 health which is just obnoxious. I had to look extra hard at some pieces cause they just dont make sense at times. Found Heavy boots with 21 constitution on them, but paying attention to the actual stats - I noticed they had basically the same physical/elemental resists as Light armor. Found another that had the same resistances as Medium. They still have the weight of Heavy, so something funky is going on there.

What are you running for gear? The Shattered Mountain elites and Dynasty? I hit 60 last night but I'm kind of unsure where you go for gear upgrades.

Also, that's weird about Dynasty. I've only ran it once and I thought it was super easy (as a healer). We had a level 51 tank, too, although that guy was fucking good.

Daidraco

The difference between good supports is fucking crazy. I watched my buddy stream in discord, he's was level 42 healing a depths group, and they tapped out on the last boss because the tank was the problem even with 3 life staff users. Everyone peaced out but my buddy who invited me and we refilled the group. After 5 tries we nailed it with me tanking it at 39, the previous tank was 45 with sns/spear.
I mean, you replaced him as a tank and it went off without a hitch so thats why Im being inquisitive. Im using hammer and sword/board but sometimes I feel like shit runs past me at light speed and I just cant get to it quick enough before its on the healer a round. Snap aggro as soon as I get to it though? Im using Crowd Crusher abilities on the hammer, which Ive basically put off on the side for trash packs. Defender tree for sword and board on bosses. The trees still have quite a few perks to pick up, but I only transitioned into tank in the last couple days - which is where all my questions are coming from about whats good and what isnt good and trying to verify that information. Have to get 8 and 9 levels more to go in both trees. I'm "thinking" that I should probably go with some different skills for mobility at the moment and just let the Taunt Gems work over just paying attention to the "Taunt" words in the description. Although I could have been doing fine? But since we failed, Im second guessing myself. I usually tank in all MMO's so I dont feel like Ive forsaken my positioning or anything.

Gear is Heavy with Constitution base - 300 con exactly with the rest put into strength at 115. Tier IV Taunt Gem placed in both weapons, but havent found physical resistance gems that arent listed at non-sensical prices so I plan on grinding those out today when the servers come up. Or maybe I should get the gems that increase healing received?

Leveling was a smooth ride up to 60 with Hatchet and Musket, but I feel like I should have been practicing along the way with tanking instances instead.

What are you running for gear? The Shattered Mountain elites and Dynasty? I hit 60 last night but I'm kind of unsure where you go for gear upgrades.

Also, that's weird about Dynasty. I've only ran it once and I thought it was super easy (as a healer). We had a level 51 tank, too, although that guy was fucking good.
Level 60 Portal and level 60 areas afaik. If you keep grinding away and keep upgrading as you go, you keep finding upgrades by small margins. Think Destiny 2 for reference. I just skipped that whole grind and bought my way up to 540. So now when I go out and farm that stuff, my gear snap shot will have already taken place and it'll drop gear from 520-550. Ive read that the gear grind starts to stagnate around ~560, though. I had originally planned on grinding out armor smithing, but after I had gathered ~3000 Starmetal ingots to make Starmetal Boots in bulk, I noticed that only one town had a tier 4 Forge (Mourning and I was in Windsward with all that). So even if I grinded it out - there is no telling when a Tier 5 Forge will come about in any province, but Im going to keep a close eye on it. Im going to have to since rolling perks on gear is the name of the game if Im not trying to empty out 4k+ on a god roll. Much less gear thats 600.

What I did was - Go to your market board, click the drop down for all settlements and just search each piece. Remarkably easy to find gear that way if you have the gold. I was happy to see that if I give up on tanking, the DPS gear goes for pennies in comparison to constitution gear. First Light of all places had the most gear I bought for whatever reason. Maybe there is a group of people that play together and are just bound down there.

So is there a guild/company for FOH chads? I've been leveling on vingolf as a syndicate, I didn't want to commit as I didn't know how long this was going to hold my attention.
We do have a company, there are about 20 of us that play regularly. Some far more than others, like myself. Theres only a few of us that are 60, but the level range is vast. We dont group as much as I would like, but since the game is basically single player up to max level - I dont really expect that from anyone. Though I've noticed we're all pretty Johnny on the spot with helping people in dungeons and questing. If people are PVP'ing in the guild, I dont know who they are.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
We do have a company, there are about 20 of us that play regularly. Some far more than others, like myself. Theres only a few of us that are 60, but the level range is vast. We dont group as much as I would like, but since the game is basically single player up to max level - I dont really expect that from anyone. Though I've noticed we're all pretty Johnny on the spot with helping people in dungeons and questing. If people are PVP'ing in the guild, I dont know who they are.
I pvp a lot im Blattos in game.

IGN = Kinsal I'll be happy to join or if you need help (KIER was taken thats what I get for going to Chitown over launch week) I'm level 41 one at the moment

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Level 60 Portal and level 60 areas afaik. If you keep grinding away and keep upgrading as you go, you keep finding upgrades by small margins. Think Destiny 2 for reference. I just skipped that whole grind and bought my way up to 540. So now when I go out and farm that stuff, my gear snap shot will have already taken place and it'll drop gear from 520-550. Ive read that the gear grind starts to stagnate around ~560, though. I had originally planned on grinding out armor smithing, but after I had gathered ~3000 Starmetal ingots to make Starmetal Boots in bulk, I noticed that only one town had a tier 4 Forge (Mourning and I was in Windsward with all that). So even if I grinded it out - there is no telling when a Tier 5 Forge will come about in any province, but Im going to keep a close eye on it. Im going to have to since rolling perks on gear is the name of the game if Im not trying to empty out 4k+ on a god roll. Much less gear thats 600.

What I did was - Go to your market board, click the drop down for all settlements and just search each piece. Remarkably easy to find gear that way if you have the gold. I was happy to see that if I give up on tanking, the DPS gear goes for pennies in comparison to constitution gear. First Light of all places had the most gear I bought for whatever reason. Maybe there is a group of people that play together and are just bound down there.
I thought level 60 portals don't work? I also thought on that Lupo video that he said it's only stuff that drops for you, not quests/bought stuff.

Daidraco

"As far as I know" Ive been 60 for just under two days lul. I thought the 60 Portals worked, but not the 65 portals cause... obviously, no one can close a 65 portal with a Tier V stick. Ill verify when the servers come back up if I can find a portal group (since Im still at Shipyard MSQ). Most of the purple shit that I bought has the portal cosmetic look. But the Shield and I want to say the boots, are definitely Angry Earth.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
*tries to log into game*
*sees 5 hour maintenance*
*cries*
Yeah, me too. I knew they had a patch, but 5 hour downtime for that piddly ass update? Man AGS, get your shit together.

This game might end up dead just because they aren't actually fixing anything worthwhile.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
FACTION MISSIONS:
We adjusted the rates of influence gain over time so that it will continue to require significant effort over time to flip a territory into conflict state:

Reduced the amount of influence increase over time significantly for attacking factions. This is to account for a bug we found where the increase was multiplied much faster than intended over time.
Removed the decrease in influence over time for defending factions.
So they remove the attacker advantage while also removing the defender disadvantage right after Syndicate loses all of their territory. :emoji_upside_down:

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Comes up in an hour or so.

I wish I paid more attention to streamers - I had no idea about a 580 Weapon Quest Line.
That's what I was saying though, the DrLupo video with the dev comments said quests don't count. So it's nice to have, but it doesn't impact your drops.

I also have no idea how you unlock the quest line. I've cleared out everything in Great Cleave. I haven't done any in Shattered Mountain, so maybe that's it? I also read something about Edengrove quests, and I have a few there still.

Edit: Apparently based on the comments, yeah, I need to do SM quests first.

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Anyone do the Spriggan arena? Tried it with a group last night and we got it to 60% before it started doing a cocoon phase where it massively regens health. Never got it below 75% again because it would just heal up even though we were breaking the cocoon in a couple seconds. We weren’t optimized at all but one of the group members said it looked easy from beta so I’m guessing it was buffed.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Comes up in an hour or so.

I wish I paid more attention to streamers - I had no idea about a 580 Weapon Quest Line.
DDO is a great filler because it us so broken into segments for everything. Whatever level you are, how much time you have, you can find something.

• 1Like