New World

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Balance isn’t the best but I think you’re exaggerating a bit here. I’ve been invited to every siege I’ve applied to and I’ve been exclusively bow/musket for them. Actually I think you’re severely gimping your siege if you don’t have quite a few bow or musket users. One of the biggest reasons is that both weapons have the longest range in game and do damage to siege weapons. Combining fire takes down cannons quickly and safely.
Aside from that ‘literally only 3 viable builds’ is a ridiculous statement. I’m endgame PvP and I can think of dozens of combos that are viable.

The only weapon that is head and shoulders above everything else is great axe.
You might be on a server with lower tier tryhard guilds. On my server it is tryhard and if there is a war for a serious city, you absolutely have to go 1 of the 3 meta builds. Also, the meta is still trickling down. Mark my words that if nothing is changed, the meta will hit your guild/server too, as you start losing wars. It will become toxic like other metas where something is too dominant. You are shamed for not going meta and you are not going to go to the war.

The most annoying part is how expensive it is to respec. You're talking 1000 gold for attributes and 800 azoth if you want to spec to the meta pvp build and spec back, because many of the pvp builds are not great for pve.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im starting to respect bow more.

It isnt really useful in 1 v 1 situations but in group battle or against a runner it is amazing. I can out damage anyone in my level range who stays at distance. Firestaff got raped, lifestaff too. I havent seen anyone w a musket yet though.

As an opener though with poison shot is sexy. Its basically impossible to dodge from medium / short range so you can remove 15% of enemy health with 1 shot and then the dot does another 15% or so.

Then I pick my spots with blocking and light attack combos ftw. Im on a win streak rn so im feeling confident. Im sure ill get brought back down to earth soon. Although i havent come c lose to losing a pvp encounter to anyone within 5 lvls of me.
The musket got me started with the ranged weapon DoT. That burn was really good single target. So when I got a nice bow, I respecced into that poison and that poison murders some shit. A headshot with it is the perfect opener and it sticks around in that area, and since you hit the target with it it lasts even longer on that target. Just way way good.

The only reason would be people who started on different servers than their friends. But that seems like it'd be pretty niche.

I said it last week that the queues are gone, transfers aren't needed. If anything, they're going to need to consolidate soon.
626k is the average concurrent daily peak number from a total peak of something just over 900k. Its hard to compare to something like WoW or FFXIV expansions where there is a good base established already - but even I dont play FFXIV expansions past a few weeks. I may have stuck with WoW a little bit longer in the past, but again.. not incredibly long. So a brand new MMO losing 1/3rd of its users isnt a call of doom in gloom if thats what you're saying, or at least I dont think so.

Theres supposedly five more dungeons set to be released on the current land masses, and the new land mass is suppose to have one dungeon and a raid target. Game can only get smoother/better.

Yeah too late but seems like more of a "because we said we were going to do it we are doing it" type of deal. Which is unfortunate because they didn't need to waste time on that just needed a sensible AFK timer for autorun at release.
Wasnt completely about queues. The chest fix and the afk timer is suspected to be in there for the afk bot fishers and such.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You might be on a server with lower tier tryhard guilds. On my server it is tryhard and if there is a war for a serious city, you absolutely have to go 1 of the 3 meta builds. Also, the meta is still trickling down. Mark my words that if nothing is changed, the meta will hit your guild/server too, as you start losing wars. It will become toxic like other metas where something is too dominant. You are shamed for not going meta and you are not going to go to the war.

The most annoying part is how expensive it is to respec. You're talking 1000 gold for attributes and 800 azoth if you want to spec to the meta pvp build and spec back, because many of the pvp builds are not great for pve.
Two major changes I want them to make is one, Dual Spec. Two, Increased Azoth Cap.

If theyre going to make all this PVE content, and their talking about bringing in Leader Boards for guilds and such for Wars - dual spec is just going to be a huge QoL feature that people are desperately going to want. They cant seriously expect people to want to grind out a PVP character AND a PVE character. Azoth Cap is increase change is a pretty obvious thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Two major changes I want them to make is one, Dual Spec. Two, Increased Azoth Cap.

If theyre going to make all this PVE content, and their talking about bringing in Leader Boards for guilds and such for Wars - dual spec is just going to be a huge QoL feature that people are desperately going to want. They cant seriously expect people to want to grind out a PVP character AND a PVE character. Azoth Cap is increase change is a pretty obvious thing.
Absolutely. And gear sets too for godsake. I'd actually have so much more fun if I could swap between 2 different specs for free.

Also lol I know I'm one of the weirdos that grinded to 60 fast and hard, but at least I'm not as bad as some people. I watched a streamer last night funnel all these mats to a crafter and they crafted a full set of 600 legendary armor and they were so ecstatic and so happy. An hour goes by and their mood starts changing, slowly getting worse and worse. They mention they feel like they have nothing to do now and are sad. Lol. It was literally like watching someone take MDMA and then come down hard. I still have a long, long way to go to get all my gathering/crafting maxed and craft legendary stuff. I think I'll set out to do all of that solo, and not buy any ingredients on the market.

• 1Worf

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Im starting to respect bow more.

It isnt really useful in 1 v 1 situations but in group battle or against a runner it is amazing. I can out damage anyone in my level range who stays at distance. Firestaff got raped, lifestaff too. I havent seen anyone w a musket yet though.

As an opener though with poison shot is sexy. Its basically impossible to dodge from medium / short range so you can remove 15% of enemy health with 1 shot and then the dot does another 15% or so.

Then I pick my spots with blocking and light attack combos ftw. Im on a win streak rn so im feeling confident. Im sure ill get brought back down to earth soon. Although i havent come c lose to losing a pvp encounter to anyone within 5 lvls of me.
Should def be opening with heavy shot because of all the sweet opening + range extra damage talents, then quick to penetrating shot because the animation cancel and the +damage talents, then poison shot so you can engage for a bit then hop back out if needed while still doing damage.

Azoth is the only resource that will matter!

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
My server is still down. Going on 9 hours. It's pretty fucking despicable. Servers go down at noon and stay down the entire prime time of the day. Are they going to keep this up every week? Fucking 10 hours to remove some boars and fix the shop. Wow.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I've burned through all my azoth. When you don't have the main quest or portals running, it disappears fast.

They really need to fix the portals because otherwise no one is going to run those end game dungeons. I've done a TON of portals, and combining all the shard things I'm still a long ways off from being able to make a single key. You shouldn't need to grind 30 hours of low level portals to run a dungeon one time.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Being in a ton of wars gives you more azoth than you can use. But if there are not a lot of wars or you aren't one of the lucky few, it seems really rough. Particularly with outpost rush down.

What are vials of azoth selling for on your guys server? 100-150 gold on mine.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Gathering keeps me azoth capped 24/7 and I respec stats for 300 farming sets 3-4 times a day. Cost seems trivial imo.

Also this is some hot trash. Getting booted while fishing within 5 casts. As if fishing skill ups aren't a pita as is.

• 1Like

Fuzzynutts

Lord Nagafen Raider
My server is still down. Going on 9 hours. It's pretty fucking despicable. Servers go down at noon and stay down the entire prime time of the day. Are they going to keep this up every week? Fucking 10 hours to remove some boars and fix the shop. Wow.
What server? Vingolf is up.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
US West Plebs

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hearing some tinfoil anecdotal shit about drops being increased for certain things. Curious to test myself. Time to see if they fixed the bug I've been using to store omega shit in my storage. And no, it has nothing to do with the auction house.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Spent some time in SM today. Maybe 2 hours? Ended up with 3-400 of each of the blue refining things. There are so many fucking chests in Myrkgard (got a lot doing the forts for those awful quests, too). Didn't really do anything worthwhile since we couldn't find anyone to come (ended up with 4 people). Pretty much everything dropped at level 500. I did end up with a 505 glove, and 502 something else. Only opened one elite chest, which maybe is the only way to increase the score? Either that or it's just crazy rare to get something above your highest score.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'd guesstimate 3k catches. Around 30 hours. Use best bait, fish deep water, cast far for quickest hook/reel times. That crap was from my last 15 or so points. Caught 3 legendaries towards the end.

New Project.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Of course I can see why... Berzerk from a Hatchet doesnt carry over. But that is the most annoying thing about leveling up with Hatchet. You pop berzerk, then switch to a skinning knife to skin the beast and it drops berzerk so you miss out on like 8 seconds of berzerk heal. Or open a chest. Or Pick a Flower

Strangely, the game thinks logging uses a hatchet, and you keep your berserker buff :p

• 1Worf

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Factions were a mistake. They should have just made it completely Company driven. Would have made the world dynamic far more interesting, especially since it would be increasingly difficult to hold each additional zone from everyone else.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
How did you not get banned for fishing? I'm honestly scared that I'll get banned if I ever fish again.

Why would you get banned? Majority of my skill ups were in a 3 star out of the way hot spot most people don't know about yet or just fishing out in the ocean where I saw no one if you're worried about being in one spot for a long time.

Anytime I see fishing bots in an area I would always drag NPCs to kill them.

• 1Worf