New World

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
And once again, the WM system they had before was not that bad. A few hours a night for a month and you were essentially there. This is not bad and not really a long grind in MMO terms, lol. All they had to do is change the UI to fucking show your WM so you can keep better track of it like they are doing. Adding another farm ontop of another farm along with a gold sink does not make the grind better. You guys are fools for thinking this will somehow be better or faster.
Looking at google doc edits, I received an upgrade from doing chests, fay, sirens etc. at an average of 56 minutes each. Those upgrades would often be for weapons that I dont ever plan on using. My play time is no where near what it used to be, but if I do play its going to be for about 2-3 hours. Looking at the available options for Gypsum activities, three of them look like they'll be completable within that time frame. The other four look as though they'll randomly be completed as I play the game. Follow that up with the occasional/rare upgrade you'll get from just killing/looting. This system may be a nerf towards someone with a high play time (4+ hours), but its a one to one for me (2-3 hours) and likely a buff for the wider low play time audience of the game (~1 hour). There were days that I didnt want to farm WM and do something else, now I'll get a WM upgrade from those activities in some capacity as well. Not only that, I can target which spot gets an upgrade.

Im not a fan of the WM system at all, but Im at least pulling from the data I have and what has been discussed about the upcoming changes to see how it impacts me before I start jumping on the AGS band wagon hate. If I'm wrong in any of this, then by all means - point it out.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No hate, I jsut think the change is a stupid one for them to make. Its the least of whats wrong with this game IMO. I mean what else is there to do in this game at 60 other than run chests and do POI every night? Dumb reactionary changes to the reddit clown show.

How the fuck do you climb GS in other games but grind shit? Games like Destiny, Division etc.. all had similar end game GS grinds.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Them sticking to the dumb tuning orbs in their current form causes a lot of that issue. No one ever runs the Sirens or Pools arenas, Laz/Genesis runs are few and far between. Especially on a lower pop server.

They have extra content and move on with their delusion that by making them long grinds to even run, that somehow makes them rewarding

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Them sticking to the dumb tuning orbs in their current form causes a lot of that issue. No one ever runs the Sirens or Pools arenas, Laz/Genesis runs are few and far between. Especially on a lower pop server.

They have extra content and move on with their delusion that by making them long grinds to even run, that somehow makes them rewarding
Totally. Its like they are stuck on this tuning orb BS. I did a few runs of sirens arena and the other one in reek water, the one behind the living wall in upr reek? All I got for it is 3 greens not even GS. Totally worth crafting those orbs, right? And its not like those fights were trivial in any way.

Just open the shit up, nerf the drops (IDK why the would since 99% of the shit is pure garbage anyway) and let people enjoy the content.

The long grinds probably add to more oif the frustration and disappointment more than anything. When you take your gold, your hard earned shards, craft them into an orb, then run the shit and get nothing usable but pure garbage in return. Shit like a chest with dex and focus on it with a hatchet perk.

Thats another thing they need to fix with this game is the affix system. There is something like 100 different affixes a gear can drop with, perk slots. Imagine rolling a good str piece with a axe perk. One in a fucking million.

Last edited:

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I can't recall any other game limiting access to content with consumable orbs/tokens like this. It has to be one of the most bone-headed decisions in NW design. "I know: Let's put a grind in your grind so you can grind."

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Thats another thing they need to fix with this game is the affix system. There is something like 100 different affixes a gear can drop with, perk slots. Imagine rolling a good str piece with a axe perk. One in a fucking million.
Random weapon generation is just lazy game making. Borderlands 3 had it, and they touted it as a huge feature. ONE BILLION weapon combinations! Problem is...they all sucked. The best weapons were specific drops, but they nerfed them into oblivion thus removing any need to play the game at all. I have 5% of time played in BL3 vs BL2.

By far the laziest itemization I have ever seen...EQ2 Velious expac. They made all the armor across all the classes the same, they only changed the armor values.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
I love this game. I really do. Here's a link about a gold seller complaining about gold dupes.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Im not mad anymore I jsut quit for now. Like I said gonna give this one some time to brew a little longer. Same shit with my guild too, like 75% people dropped off the last few weeks. Most of which were our core daily players and core war group.

My buddies and I have all quit for now. We were talking over the weekend and it turns out most of us quit just after hitting level 45. Took some of us longer to get there but somehow after getting that extra bag slot we all noped out.

I liked the game well enough, the leveling / crafting grind just wore me down and hadn't even reached 60 yet. Will go back eventually.

Daidraco

I love this game. I really do. Here's a link about a gold seller complaining about gold dupes.
HA! That is awesome and terrible in so many ways lol.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I can't recall any other game limiting access to content with consumable orbs/tokens like this. It has to be one of the most bone-headed decisions in NW design. "I know: Let's put a grind in your grind so you can grind."
Lol yeah they are lacking end game content, and yet someone like me, with over 600 hours, hasn't even done a single arena. I hadn't even done any lvl 60 dungeons up to like 600 hours. Idiots.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Lol yeah they are lacking end game content, and yet someone like me, with over 600 hours, hasn't even done a single arena. I hadn't even done any lvl 60 dungeons up to like 600 hours. Idiots.
But... why? You get 2-3 orbs for arenas and dungeons for free? Should at least motivate yourself whenever you play next to at least do those. They're pretty good.

Here some food for thought on the conspiracy theory level. Remember 2 and a half, 3 months ago, when the dev put out this chart stating the gold income at level 60 was low in comparison to every other level bracket? Now think about all the gold dupes and a possible hidden gold dupe going on and how out of whack that chart actually was. Granted it was probably on a character around level 2, but...

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
But... why? You get 2-3 orbs for arenas and dungeons for free? Should at least motivate yourself whenever you play next to at least do those. They're pretty good.

Here some food for thought on the conspiracy theory level. Remember 2 and a half, 3 months ago, when the dev put out this chart stating the gold income at level 60 was low in comparison to every other level bracket? Now think about all the gold dupes and a possible hidden gold dupe going on and how out of whack that chart actually was. Granted it was probably on a character around level 2, but...
You get 2 of laz and 2 of gen. But getting the 2nd requires doing the first one, pretty sure, and one requires doing the bugged mobs in reek that spawn x50. And I'm pretty sure several arenas require having done the dungeon, because I still hadn't received each one.

And because I was waiting for my watermark and because chests were still bugged inside dungeons, not like they ended up being any good once fixed anyways, but yea, that's why. And because of the rarity, I didn't just want to cobble a random group together, I wanted to save it and get good value out of it (e.g. I eventually did x5 runs, where each of us took turn using an orb).

Same reason why many people haven't run as many as they could. Also, I could have joined plenty early on but it honestly didn't feel right to join these random newbs offering spots to anyone for free, when I knew I myself wouldn't use my orb at that point.

Regardless, they are way too tedious to get, and even if you do the work, only 1 laz and 3 gen a week is crazy. Corrupted Runes were drying up massively already too, since they made elites so much harder, nobody bothers with mangled heights, which is for some strange reason the only place you can get them.

Shit system.

Cybsled

Gold income is pointless if it doesn't re-enter the economy.

As for the free orbs, you do get some free orbs eventually if you run enough side quests. I dont recall getting arena orbs for free, but then again I still have some side quests in reekwater I havent finished because they need a group

Daidraco

You get 2 of laz and 2 of gen. But getting the 2nd requires doing the first one, pretty sure, and one requires doing the bugged mobs in reek that spawn x50. And I'm pretty sure several arenas require having done the dungeon, because I still hadn't received each one.

And because I was waiting for my watermark and because chests were still bugged inside dungeons, not like they ended up being any good once fixed anyways, but yea, that's why. And because of the rarity, I didn't just want to cobble a random group together, I wanted to save it and get good value out of it (e.g. I eventually did x5 runs, where each of us took turn using an orb).

Same reason why many people haven't run as many as they could. Also, I could have joined plenty early on but it honestly didn't feel right to join these random newbs offering spots to anyone for free, when I knew I myself wouldn't use my orb at that point.

Regardless, they are way too tedious to get, and even if you do the work, only 1 laz and 3 gen a week is crazy. Corrupted Runes were drying up massively already too, since they made elites so much harder, nobody bothers with mangled heights, which is for some strange reason the only place you can get them.

Shit system.
I guess you was being sarcastic and I just didnt pick it up. Sounded like you had never ran anything in the previous post.

I'm guessing it's just based on the server. The server Lumi chose has gen and laz groups going non stop. People buying keys and selling keys, etc. Someone has to farm up the mats, so its only fair that they sell them for basically what you're getting out of the runs in gold. I agree the system shouldnt be in in the first place, but at least its working on some type of level. The only annoying part is having to group up with someone you trust to walk into the instance with the group so the person you sold the key to doesnt stiff you and have four others to kick you from the group. If they are intent on keeping this system in, they need to at least take the BOP off of the keys so people can avoid that train wreck / hassle.

Also, last I checked - the RW stuff was cleaned up? Or when I went, it was just the normal amount of ghosts. Either way, I had the Arena keys before I ever did Gen / Laz. Not to mention, you are just inundated with the non CP parts of the arena keys from just doing Malevolence or Sirens. From what I understand, Shard Pages are going to drop off "any" CP, so a lot more people will have those and Im thinking AGS's idea is that that is going to push more people into doing dungeons in a round about way.

Im just at a "Game is what it is" point right now. Ive been bored or annoyed with it for a while but I dont want to play FFXIV or anything, so here I am.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I guess you was being sarcastic and I just didnt pick it up. Sounded like you had never ran anything in the previous post.

I'm guessing it's just based on the server. The server Lumi chose has gen and laz groups going non stop. People buying keys and selling keys, etc. Someone has to farm up the mats, so its only fair that they sell them for basically what you're getting out of the runs in gold. I agree the system shouldnt be in in the first place, but at least its working on some type of level. The only annoying part is having to group up with someone you trust to walk into the instance with the group so the person you sold the key to doesnt stiff you and have four others to kick you from the group. If they are intent on keeping this system in, they need to at least take the BOP off of the keys so people can avoid that train wreck / hassle.

Also, last I checked - the RW stuff was cleaned up? Or when I went, it was just the normal amount of ghosts. Either way, I had the Arena keys before I ever did Gen / Laz. Not to mention, you are just inundated with the non CP parts of the arena keys from just doing Malevolence or Sirens. From what I understand, Shard Pages are going to drop off "any" CP, so a lot more people will have those and Im thinking AGS's idea is that that is going to push more people into doing dungeons in a round about way.

Im just at a "Game is what it is" point right now. Ive been bored or annoyed with it for a while but I dont want to play FFXIV or anything, so here I am.
I hadn't done any 60 dungeons up to like 600 hours, but ran a few after that 600 hour point. But I was at level 60 for several hundred hours without having the opportunity to do a 60 dungeon/arena and that's stupid. The fact is, they are too rare and precious, and it compounds the issue because of it. people feel stingy with their orbs, because they don't know/trust enough people or have the time to get them all together. There needs to be way more pugs running them imo.

Riftwater skeletons are still bugged last I checked. They stack x50. Maybe if it was fixed in the last couple weeks.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah that was the thought before they buffed the orb making a bit. They were just too precious and a waste to run them if you were not near 600wm. I mean why? To get 515s to drop from bosses? Useless. And yeah good point on the chests, another deal breaker when the expedition chests are dropping 505 and 507 stuff.

Cybsled

Updated blog post

Thank you all for your continued feedback on the Expertise and Gypsum System. Whenever possible, we want to share upcoming changes and discuss them with you, so we can build a better game together. Your feedback on this system has greatly improved the direction, so thank you again!
Before diving in, I want to be clear that we are dedicated to not reducing the power of players in the world (other than cases addressing bugs and imbalance problems). The rest of this post details how we are achieving that while retaining the benefits of the Expertise and Gypsum system.
The BIG change
In early 2022, when we start reducing the effectiveness of gear to your Expertise level, we will exempt the following items:
  • Any item you craft
  • Any item you earn from a quest
  • Any item you purchase from the faction shop
When these changes are implemented, Gear Score scaling will only apply to items sold or traded after that patch. So any items obtained prior to this patch will not be impacted or reduced in any way. When we thought about it more, reducing power for existing players is just unacceptable and something we will not do. We initially thought it being only temporary and giving a new path with to gain back that power with Gypsum would be acceptable, but it is now clear we were wrong.
This updated system will also give players alternative ways to equip themselves if they don’t want to engage in the Expertise system. Crafting especially will gain even more importance in New World, since any item you craft will be usable at that Gear Score regardless of Expertise. Quest and faction shop items will be other alternatives to good gear, and both are things we can continue to introduce more of in the future.
We acknowledge this change will create a difference between the way the game worked before this change and after. We recognize that some players who haven’t hit 60 yet and acquired their gear may feel like the game got harder for them. Hopefully this is offset with the addition of Gypsum as a new avenue that previous players didn’t have.
In addition, when we implement the Gear Score scaling, we will now only reduce the effectiveness to the middle of your Expertise and the item’s gear score. So if your Musket Expertise is 520 and you buy a 600 GS Musket off the market, your effective GS will be 560. This combined with the getting to use all perks, should create good value in the marketplace for future users.
December tuning and balance adjustments
Also based on the PTR feedback from playing with the Expertise and Gypsum system we are going to make a number of tuning and balance adjustments to the system. Please keep in mind these have not be tested so consider them directional examples of the changes we are planning for December:
  1. Reduce the cost of crafting a Gypsum Orb to 2.5 coin from 100, and Gypsum Cast to 5 coin from 475. We decided there was no need to add another coin expense for our level 60 players, but kept a minimal amount so end game territory owners can earn a little more tax income.
  2. Change Topaz Gypsum to daily instead of weekly, and reduce crafting ingredients to make it less difficult to craft
  3. Change Gypsum earn cooldown timers from 22hrs to 18hrs just to give a little more leeway to people’s play schedules. In the future we want to build a global cooldown system to make it easy to coordinate this and other daily activities like crafting and faction missions, but that is a lower priority than server merges and other critical fixes, so this will not happen in the short to medium term
  4. Adjust the way Expertise bumps work so there is a minimum, as well as a maximum. Currently there is no minimum, which can result in a few bad rolls at the start really demoralizing players. This will also decrease the average bumps needed to get from min to max Expertise. Our goal is to average around 35.
  5. Move Gypsum rewards from cache to event. A few activities such as Outpost Rush, Corrupted Breaches, Arenas, and Aptitude granted Gypsum in the cache in the PTR. This leads to hoarding and uncertainty if using a cache now is safe. This change should resolve both of those concerns.
Thanks again for your feedback. One of the benefits of sharing our plans prior to final implementation is hearing your sentiment and then adjusting or designs accordingly.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

I never gave a fk about someone elses orb. If I didnt run it with them, they would run it with someone else. Besides, they get a well geared tank that actually knows the bosses - so it works out for both parties. But on Calignor, I gotta pay and.. sucks, but not really. Generally a bit cheaper for a tank/healer.
Thank you all for your continued feedback on the Expertise and Gypsum System. Whenever possible, we want to share upcoming changes and discuss them with you, so we can build a better game together. Your feedback on this system has greatly improved the direction, so thank you again!
Before diving in, I want to be clear that we are dedicated to not reducing the power of players in the world (other than cases addressing bugs and imbalance problems). The rest of this post details how we are achieving that while retaining the benefits of the Expertise and Gypsum system.
The BIG change
In early 2022, when we start reducing the effectiveness of gear to your Expertise level, we will exempt the following items:
  • Any item you craft
  • Any item you earn from a quest
  • Any item you purchase from the faction shop
When these changes are implemented, Gear Score scaling will only apply to items sold or traded after that patch. So any items obtained prior to this patch will not be impacted or reduced in any way. When we thought about it more, reducing power for existing players is just unacceptable and something we will not do. We initially thought it being only temporary and giving a new path with to gain back that power with Gypsum would be acceptable, but it is now clear we were wrong.
This updated system will also give players alternative ways to equip themselves if they don’t want to engage in the Expertise system. Crafting especially will gain even more importance in New World, since any item you craft will be usable at that Gear Score regardless of Expertise. Quest and faction shop items will be other alternatives to good gear, and both are things we can continue to introduce more of in the future.
We acknowledge this change will create a difference between the way the game worked before this change and after. We recognize that some players who haven’t hit 60 yet and acquired their gear may feel like the game got harder for them. Hopefully this is offset with the addition of Gypsum as a new avenue that previous players didn’t have.
In addition, when we implement the Gear Score scaling, we will now only reduce the effectiveness to the middle of your Expertise and the item’s gear score. So if your Musket Expertise is 520 and you buy a 600 GS Musket off the market, your effective GS will be 560. This combined with the getting to use all perks, should create good value in the marketplace for future users.
December tuning and balance adjustments
Also based on the PTR feedback from playing with the Expertise and Gypsum system we are going to make a number of tuning and balance adjustments to the system. Please keep in mind these have not be tested so consider them directional examples of the changes we are planning for December:
  1. Reduce the cost of crafting a Gypsum Orb to 2.5 coin from 100, and Gypsum Cast to 5 coin from 475. We decided there was no need to add another coin expense for our level 60 players, but kept a minimal amount so end game territory owners can earn a little more tax income.
  2. Change Topaz Gypsum to daily instead of weekly, and reduce crafting ingredients to make it less difficult to craft
  3. Change Gypsum earn cooldown timers from 22hrs to 18hrs just to give a little more leeway to people’s play schedules. In the future we want to build a global cooldown system to make it easy to coordinate this and other daily activities like crafting and faction missions, but that is a lower priority than server merges and other critical fixes, so this will not happen in the short to medium term
  4. Adjust the way Expertise bumps work so there is a minimum, as well as a maximum. Currently there is no minimum, which can result in a few bad rolls at the start really demoralizing players. This will also decrease the average bumps needed to get from min to max Expertise. Our goal is to average around 35.
  5. Move Gypsum rewards from cache to event. A few activities such as Outpost Rush, Corrupted Breaches, Arenas, and Aptitude granted Gypsum in the cache in the PTR. This leads to hoarding and uncertainty if using a cache now is safe. This change should resolve both of those concerns.
Thanks again for your feedback. One of the benefits of sharing our plans prior to final implementation is hearing your sentiment and then adjusting or designs accordingly.
All great changes. I know crafters are probably happy that they are able to breath finally.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
finally starting to be a factor in world pvp and it feelsgoodman. I have no support, no company, dont run any expo's no portal runs, lvl 43. I managed to find an epic spear off a named and have started doing good damage along with CC ability. I can kill lvl 50's and compete with max level 60's.

Most of the time anyway. I get ass fucked every now and then but the cost is negligible.

• 1Like