New World

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Yeah me too and the longer I dont play it the more I dont miss it, lol. In fact if it wasnt for the peeps I met and hanged with I would have prob quit a long while ago than I did quit.

They also fucked themselves with no alts as well. Thats a massive crowd of people which love to play the alt games.
Ya, fucking over people's need to roll alts is one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever seen in MMO design when the whole replayability of MMO's is supposed to be designed around that concept.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ya, fucking over people's need to roll alts is one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever seen in MMO design when the whole replayability of MMO's is supposed to be designed around that concept.
Not to mention their dumb economy they stress so much over. Its like cutting out all of the 1-599 gear level shit and make it wortless with their dumb decision not to have alts. So as a crafter which is like the main thing to do in this game, because lets face it, there aint much to do, either you make 600gs shit or you starve.

I mean we can go on with the stupidity of the choices of this game but we would be here a while lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
"fucking people's need to roll alts"? NEED? you are deep in some weird gamer cave. Only the copycat MMOs and p2w BS are designed around alts. not everyone wants to or wants to be forced to create and play multiple chars for farming or end game shit. NW was actually pretty cool in the fact you didn't have to start a new character to do something completely different. Did that hurt replayability some? For sure.

Is that why everyone quit? absolutely not even close.

the reasons why it failed are pretty clear and its all related to the amateurism of the folks delivering the game.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
"fucking people's need to roll alts"? NEED? you are deep in some weird gamer cave. Only the copycat MMOs and p2w BS are designed around alts. not everyone wants to or wants to be forced to create and play multiple chars for farming or end game shit. NW was actually pretty cool in the fact you didn't have to start a new character to do something completely different. Did that hurt replayability some? For sure.

Is that why everyone quit? absolutely not even close.

the reasons why it failed are pretty clear and its all related to the amateurism of the folks delivering the game.
Idk if you're new to MMO's but people love to twink out alts, including myself. It was IMO one of the best aspects of EQ and DAoC.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Idk if you're new to MMO's but people love to twink out alts, including myself. It was IMO one of the best aspects of EQ and DAoC.
Yes I also played 20 years ago when there was really only one MMO to choose from and for the most part every class was pretty niche/limited in scope of abilities so a new character & class felt like a new game. (I guess UO & DAOC for pvp count)

The design of the game (everything is a grind and everyone can do everything) doesn't support alts but without a sub fee not sure how much it hurt financially. If they had a better cash shop they probably could have replaced some of the money they missed out of from the "person continuously paying a monthly sub fee to level alts" .

But IMO that aspect is way down the list of issues with the game that would keep people playing.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This is like FFXIV in terms of alts. Just respec and equip the correct weapon and go to town.

• 1Solidarity

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Back to BDO then. It's literally designed with alts.
I've come to the conclusion that there is no perfect MMO. Therefore, I ended up just reinstalling all the ones I kinda liked, and I choose which one I want to play on any given night lol. One of the ones I reinstalled just the other day was SWTOR. Crazy how much I am enjoying playing through the Sith Juggernaut storyline again.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yes I also played 20 years ago when there was really only one MMO to choose from and for the most part every class was pretty niche/limited in scope of abilities so a new character & class felt like a new game. (I guess UO & DAOC for pvp count)

The design of the game (everything is a grind and everyone can do everything) doesn't support alts but without a sub fee not sure how much it hurt financially. If they had a better cash shop they probably could have replaced some of the money they missed out of from the "person continuously paying a monthly sub fee to level alts" .

But IMO that aspect is way down the list of issues with the game that would keep people playing.
So why then do they have the crafting grinds and you making 20K weapons and other shit to level when you cant even sell it because the population is all 50+? Does this make sense to you? They didnt want alts for one simple reason PvP and guild and faction spies. Prove me wrong.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
So why then do they have the crafting grinds and you making 20K weapons and other shit to level when you cant even sell it because the population is all 50+? Does this make sense to you? They didnt want alts for one simple reason PvP and guild and faction spies. Prove me wrong.
The crafting grinds are....just the game. How is that really different than vendoring non-optimal gear as you level up a tradeskill in any other game? I recall filling up my bags with 99% BS to vendor in virtually every game. Maybe because in NW you spend a larger % of your overall time trade skilling so you "feel" it more? idk

The RNG aspect for the god rolls is pretty annoying but there isn't much of a difference in actual gameplay between most of the perfect 600 GS stuff and gear a bit lower.

PVP and multi characters/accounts are not a good combination. this is known

What would the point of an alt even be in a game where you can always do everything? (Other than faggotry)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL you guys talk about spies as a thing in game when everyone uses discord where spying is so rampant, especially during wars we had to set up special secure channels and verification bots to screen people ahead of time, loool.

When we moved to oluympus we could not believe they had a "faction" discord channel they used for wars and shit, lool. Totally wide open and anyone could talk too. Fucking mess and a wonder why our faction was shit.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Patch notes for PTR

I expect changes for the mutator orbs/orb crafting costs in general. You can buy the orbs currently on PTR for 10k faction/1k gold. TBH that needs to be a bit lower (faction token wise anyways)

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Is left side bow keystone still the same as it was at launch? If so it’s the biggest joke in the game including all of the dupe and economy fuck ups.

• 1Picard

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
There are still at least 100k core player playing according to steam chart. That number isn't bad at all.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Patch notes for PTR

I expect changes for the mutator orbs/orb crafting costs in general. You can buy the orbs currently on PTR for 10k faction/1k gold. TBH that needs to be a bit lower (faction token wise anyways)

Ill start off by saying that Im glad that they are adding dungeon mutations. New content, even if just a difficulty level scale is always appreciated. Even more appreciation goes towards the fact that they are adding abilities instead of just flat number increases.

My gripe comes that you'll need four additional sets of gear to get through these dungeons. You'll spend your time using umbral shards to upgrade these sets before you can upgrade anything else if you want to maximize your time spent. A streamer and his group of friends that have done these dungeons an obscene amount of times on live with the free 600 gear that PTR gives them, struggled with tier 1 mutations. Clearly pointing out that a player will need to have the perk gear to get up to higher difficulties, much less score perfectly for the run. Thats regardless of the learning curve thats associated with these new abilities since you cannot outright avoid most of them.

Im waiting to see what the +2 minimum is and if it increases, but it looks like +1 gives at base, 25 umbral shards and a theoretical 50 shards for a perfect run. Lets assume since its AGS that each additional tier gives a +10 maximum, so at +10, you're getting 150 Umbral Shards max per run. Each upgrade appears to be additive, in that it scales up by +1 each time. 601 costs 1, 602 costs 2, etc. up to 325 shards needed for one slot. So a group running a +10 at a perfect score will need to run these dungeons a minimum of 26 times in order to fully upgrade an entire suit of gear (3900). Looks as though its 2 possible orbs a week, so at that tier with that score - you could theoretically complete a full set of gear in a weeks time if everyone is busting their ass and knows their shit.

But if we're being real with ourselves, the large majority of people will be no where near a +10 for quite a while. IF a player never progresses and is doomed to a life with randoms (which is essentially what you have to deal with when running dungeons now), they'll hover around an average of probably 35 umbral shards a run. That means to upgrade just one suit of gear, they'll need to run these dungeons 112 times. Accounting that the player runs the dungeon at prime time and spends 10 minutes getting the group there, 35 minutes running the dungeon - Thats 84 hours. Add in the time it takes to make the orbs, or collect the gold, faction points and the potions, and you're adding in another substantial amount of time. All that can be said is the grind is real and they are really trying to put that shit up on the time requirements Mythic WoW raids require. Lets also pretend that we're only dealing with ONE SET of gear, too.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The mutations are very, very anti melee (surprise). We went in to a 2* and got Gold easy in 29 minutes. Went into a 3* with the same group, and ended at like 44 minutes because 2 of us were melee dps and had to swap to range mid dungeon because of the added Slicer affix which is just pure aids. 1 slicer + 1 burning patch is too much for anyone, let alone 2 slicers which is what you'll have often. And you can't easily drag mobs out of it because many are ranged etc.

They are going to get HUGE pushback from the community for this update. Not only because most people aren't ready for a new grind, but because the mutations are going to be way too hard for the average Joe.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The mutations are very, very anti melee (surprise). We went in to a 2* and got Gold easy in 29 minutes. Went into a 3* with the same group, and ended at like 44 minutes because 2 of us were melee dps and had to swap to range mid dungeon because of the added Slicer affix which is just pure aids. 1 slicer + 1 burning patch is too much for anyone, let alone 2 slicers which is what you'll have often. And you can't easily drag mobs out of it because many are ranged etc.

They are going to get HUGE pushback from the community for this update. Not only because most people aren't ready for a new grind, but because the mutations are going to be way too hard for the average Joe.
So just for verification since Im only looking at a streamer and I dont have my own crew to do them with anyways - do you think that the extra 28% damage absorption from armor will that be enough to stand in close combat? Or is it just going to come down to being a ranged DPS with pure glass cannon build plucking away, for the greatest push into the mutation tiers? Im not sure if the jewelry, or weapon slots will have a damage absorption perk or not. 36% on dps/heals and 40% on S&S sounds like you would be able to. But then that opens up the whole basket of "play ranged to level your gear, fuck the absorption armor" and basically shits all over tanks for progression.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Stop adding fucking time limits to dungeons, that shit is stressful. I'm here to have a good time not race to the finish.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users