New World

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah just more proof these dudes dont have a fucking clue. Scrambling at the last minute to save the few people they have left playing and yet still making the wrong choices.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
YEah just more proof these dudes dont have a fucking clue. Scrambling at the last minute to save the few people they have left playing and yet still making the wrong choices.

Sadly this seems to be the trend with harder dungeons, just make the content more difficult or some other solution, racing to the end is not fun.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Sadly this seems to be the trend with harder dungeons, just make the content more difficult or some other solution, racing to the end is not fun.
I personally can't stand the dungeons and end-game content in this game. I know a lot of people like hard twitch-based content, but the only reason I play this game is for the low stress relaxing shit like harvesting and crafting. That's probably why the game is pretty much done for me. All I do now is login maybe once or twice a week to go harvest and toss my stuff in the auction house.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So just for verification since Im only looking at a streamer and I dont have my own crew to do them with anyways - do you think that the extra 28% damage absorption from armor will that be enough to stand in close combat? Or is it just going to come down to being a ranged DPS with pure glass cannon build plucking away, for the greatest push into the mutation tiers? Im not sure if the jewelry, or weapon slots will have a damage absorption perk or not. 36% on dps/heals and 40% on S&S sounds like you would be able to. But then that opens up the whole basket of "play ranged to level your gear, fuck the absorption armor" and basically shits all over tanks for progression.
What extra 28% damage absorption? I didn't read the full patch notes. But I really don't think so. For example the first boss in dynasty is a ranged boss that comes with adds. He summons slicers constantly that last forever and then there are burning patches. You have no time to do damage as a melee, and you can't really drag him away but maybe 3 seconds out of 60 during weird windows in between cds.

Even if you had 3 healers with 3 sacred grounds that stacked, you'd get melted as melee if you tried to dps this boss, as soon as 2 slicers are up it's gg. Several bosses have that problem.

Slicer needs to be removed from the game. It does not work for action combat. Burning can get rough too but you can outheal that alone if you have leech+rupture+ground.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I personally can't stand the dungeons and end-game content in this game. I know a lot of people like hard twitch-based content, but the only reason I play this game is for the low stress relaxing shit like harvesting and crafting. That's probably why the game is pretty much done for me. All I do now is login maybe once or twice a week to go harvest and toss my stuff in the auction house.
Exactly why I think this is a mistake. New World is more casual than WoW in many ways because of the Skyrim-like feel from gathering. The vast majority of players are not ready for iframe dance dance revolution and will hate it. I don't even think most people know what an iframe is or how powerful it is.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What extra 28% damage absorption? I didn't read the full patch notes. But I really don't think so. For example the first boss in dynasty is a ranged boss that comes with adds. He summons slicers constantly that last forever and then there are burning patches. You have no time to do damage as a melee, and you can't really drag him away but maybe 3 seconds out of 60 during weird windows in between cds.

Even if you had 3 healers with 3 sacred grounds that stacked, you'd get melted as melee if you tried to dps this boss, as soon as 2 slicers are up it's gg. Several bosses have that problem.

Slicer needs to be removed from the game. It does not work for action combat. Burning can get rough too but you can outheal that alone if you have leech+rupture+ground.

Mutator Perks added

• Weapon Perks
    • Flame Attunement - Attacks deal an additional 15% weapon damage as Fire. (Cooldown 2s)
    • Frost Attunement - Attacks deal an additional 15% weapon damage as Ice. (Cooldown 2s)
    • Arboreal Attunement - Attacks deal an additional 15% weapon damage as Nature. (Cooldown 2s)
    • Abyssal Attunement - Attacks deal an additional 15% weapon damage as Void. (Cooldown 2s)
  • Armor Perks
    • Flame Conditioning - After being hit with Fire DMG, gain 4% Fire absorption for 5 seconds. Each piece of armor with this perk increases the potency of the effect.
    • Frost Conditioning - After being hit with Ice DMG, gain 4% Ice absorption for 5 seconds. Each piece of armor with this perk increases the potency of the effect.
    • Arboreal Conditioning - After being hit with Nature DMG, gain 4% Nature absorption for 5 seconds. Each piece of armor with this perk increases the potency of the effect.
    • Abyssal Conditioning - After being hit with Void DMG, gain 4% Void absorption for 5 seconds. Each piece of armor with this perk increases the potency of the effect.
Its what I was talking about with needing multiple armor sets. Just from what I'm seeing in todays streams - you're going to need it. People that are picking up and using this gear are getting further ahead than without it. I imagine that if the stars aligned, you could face tank a single slicer, but that doesnt look like it'll ever be the case.

But yea, it does look like everyone is stepping away from close combat and going ranged. The one I watched about an hour ago had a tank with a taunt gem in a Life Staff like the pally build and used that for a lot of fights since he could stay ranged and keep aggro. Smart on the players side, dumb as fuck on the developers side.

Cybsled

Slicer is fucking stupid in this game, mutator or no. Might as well call it the “fuck melee” spell

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats another thing that sucks with this, the multiple armor sets thing. Which pretty much you either keep in the bank, which is a fucking mess, or on your person which takes durability dmg every time you die. Plus its a fucking mess to keep even 2 sets on you at a time because well there is nothing in the UI to set up any "sets" to quickly change. When we did the last dungeon the first time we wiped on the 2nd boss so many times, like 2 hours of wipes that by like 30 min in all my shit in inventory was broke as fuck. Then it took like 2 nights of farming shit to get enough items to fix all that shit. Its just all a pain in the ass. All my banks across the world were pretty much full, so even if you had one other set in your inv meant you paid more in travel and could carry less loot.

And yeah I agree, melee jsut have a hard time in this game in general. For one if you wear anything heavy you dont get that sweet roll dodge. And if youre not wearing heavy youre a glass cannon.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Where do you get the flame armor on ptr? Oh yay now I have to try and find Perk+flame/frost conditioning etc. Fuck all these sets. I thought with the dungeons being hard we'd at least get to do away with luck gear, and finally get to use our real gear and we'd have 1 less set to worry about. NOPE, TRY 4 MORE!!

Cybsled

New World continues to surprise me as a mmo that takes old mmo ideas, put them into action, then are too inexperienced to understand why most MMOs dumped those ideas.

Resist gear is a perfect example: it sounds cool on paper, but in practice it’s just another grind for a niche armor set with limited usage, in a game where storage space is at a premium and you are penalized for carrying the spare sets on your person

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Wow that just sounds horrible, and enforces my desire to never do dungeons ever again in this game.

Daidraco

Where do you get the flame armor on ptr? Oh yay now I have to try and find Perk+flame/frost conditioning etc. Fuck all these sets. I thought with the dungeons being hard we'd at least get to do away with luck gear, and finally get to use our real gear and we'd have 1 less set to worry about. NOPE, TRY 4 MORE!!
They apparently drop IN the dungeon with those perks while in a mutation and afaik, you cant make them? If thats really the case, then you need to find a 600 with the resist perk, and perks that work with your build, with the weight you wear. To be able to upgrade these pieces so that you can do higher difficulties, the item HAS to drop at 600.

I honestly hope this shit bakes on PTR for at least a month. People are already throwing shit at the walls, if this goes live - going to be sad times for folks still playing.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
They apparently drop IN the dungeon with those perks while in a mutation and afaik, you cant make them? If thats really the case, then you need to find a 600 with the resist perk, and perks that work with your build, with the weight you wear. To be able to upgrade these pieces so that you can do higher difficulties, the item HAS to drop at 600.

I honestly hope this shit bakes on PTR for at least a month. People are already throwing shit at the walls, if this goes live - going to be sad times for folks still playing.
Did 3 mutated dungeons, got nothing of the sort.

Daidraco

Did 3 mutated dungeons, got nothing of the sort.
You're the guinea pig here, so I'm taking your word. If they arent dropping "now" then its quite possible theyre using the PTR for its purpose and trying to figure out where people land without that gear. Being optimistic, the gear could be as simple as a handicap. Which god, I hope so. But the pessimistic side of me is squarely in the camp that they lower the gear drop rates and increase the percentage of hp/damage come live. I guess we'll see.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game is still in Beta. Some day it might finish up and become something worthy of playing. Right now it is pretty much just a grindfest with no carrot to make the grind worth doing.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
This game is still in Beta. Some day it might finish up and become something worthy of playing. Right now it is pretty much just a grindfest with no carrot to make the grind worth doing.
Good bones combat and world. Dog shit grind and devs. Fucking sucks man.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah not looking forward to Ashes of Creation with whatever WoW clone combat they're planning. It has to be between 10 and 20 buttons.

New World has a lot going for it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Honestly I could have used a few more in NW, maybe like some long cool down skills or maybe even some ult type shit. But yeah fuck the games with playing piano with your keyboard. NW would have been nice with more support type shit, like some crowd control, some anti heal, buffs, degens, debuffs, shit like that. I know everyone hates CC in PvP games but I think a bit, not too overdone would have helped.

But overall NW had a good refreshing combat system that was responsive, not too twitchy, and not too complicated to make it retarded.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah not looking forward to Ashes of Creation with whatever WoW clone combat they're planning. It has to be between 10 and 20 buttons.

New World has a lot going for it.
I missed the revamped combat system announcement for AoC. Could you link that for me?

Last edited: