NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

I believe percentage wise per employee the NFL has way more arrests than your average company
Unlikely. The arrest rate for NFL players is far below the national average. Fromhttp://www.ibtimes.com/nfl-domestic-violence-how-do-arrests-ray-rice-adrian-peterson-other-players-compare-rest-1690695:

"Based on the approximate 2,560 players that are on NFL teams in training camp and the regular season, Benjamin Morris of FiveThirtyEight reports that the league?s arrest rate for domestic violence is just 55.4 percent of the national average. Of the 1,696 players that are currently on NFL rosters, 0.7 percent have been arrested for domestic violence in the last nine years, per NBC News.

Across the board, NFL players are arrested far less frequently than the general public, with the league?s arrest rate coming in at just 13 percent of the national average for men between the ages of 25 and 29. When looking at specific crimes, though, domestic violence rates are closer to the national average than anything else."

Moontayle had it right, in any community of people there are going to be a certain percentage of shitbags. NFL shitbags just get more publicity.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Interesting. It is quite shocking the national average for arrests in my age bracket is 13%. That seems insanely high.

Disp_sl

shitlord
It's not saying the arrest rate is 13%. Says NFL players are arrested 13% as often as people in that age bracket.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Week 3 predictions:

Jay Cutler, 375 yards, 4 TDs, 1 pick this week. Cruises comfortably to a win.

Blows Romo out of the water who goes Full Romo and serves up 4 of his favorite picks to the Rams defense.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
We really need a white player to go and beat on their wife/kids to show solidarity.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
We really need a white player to go and beat on their wife/kids to show solidarity.
Jay Cutler gets caught sexually abusing his child uses the AP defense and says this is how he was raised and that he isn't a monster like Ray Rice because there isn't video evidence. That is more likely to happen than Araysar's prediction.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Tampa is two plays away from being 2-0 though. Granted that was at home and to some pretty shit teams seamingly. With McCoy injured I'd say that's a reasonable bet but I don't think anybody knows who the Falcons are yet.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Falcons are the same Falcons they always are unless I see otherwise. They play good/close games during the season and lose in the playoffs. I have no faith for Tampa either, but who knows, maybe I am totally wrong.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
sounds like martin is out but so is Roddy White from what Ive read

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I doubt Romo will pass for over 200 against the Rams. But that is only because Murray will have a big rushing game this week. He rushed for 253 in 2011 and for 175 in 2013 against the Rams.