NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It's amazing how elusive Wilson really is. People compare him and Kaepernick and I just don't think it is a fair comparison. I think the only think Kaep has over Wilson may be raw speed, and even that is questionable.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Wilson ran like a 4.55 at the combine. Kaeperbro ran 4.53. Kaeperbro is 6 inches taller though. That's a nice advantage for a QB. Oh and fun fact despite being 6 inches taller he has a lot smaller hands than Wilson too. Tiny hands Kaeperbro.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
It's amazing how elusive Wilson really is. People compare him and Kaepernick and I just don't think it is a fair comparison. I think the only think Kaep has over Wilson may be raw speed, and even that is questionable.
I agree. I would take Wilson over Kaepernick any day.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Wilson is a great scrambler, but don't forget how many 3 and outs they had vs. the defense that the mighty New York Giants put 45 points on last week. It's great that Wilson can do that shit, but it's not really a good sign for the offense that that kind of heroics are required vs. a shit team like the Redskins.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Wilson is a great scrambler, but don't forget how many 3 and outs they had vs. the defense that the mighty New York Giants put 45 points on last week. It's great that Wilson can do that shit, but it's not really a good sign for the offense that that kind of heroics are required vs. a shit team like the Redskins.
You're not wrong.

But I would still take Wilson over Kaep. It isn't about perfection, it is about malleability and intuition. I think Kaepernick is better on a mathematical and physical level, but is a step behind Wilson on a philosophical and intelligence level. *shrug*

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think Kaepernick is better on a mathematical and physical level, but is a step behind Wilson on a philosophical and intelligence level.
I agree with this although I wouldn't trade Kaep for Wilson I think they are pretty close to each other overall. I would trade both of them AND Alex Smith for Andrew Luck though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
In their defense, the Giants played the Redskins on Thursday, so it was a very short week. The Redskins had 10 days to prepare/rest for Seattle.

Maybe i misunderstood but it sounded like they said the hair pulling was legal cause sherman initiated contact?

If so that's awesome
as far as i understand the rule - you can tackle a guy by anything that hangs outside his helmet/equipment. Hair & ridiculous game jewelry included.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Two days later and I still can't believe Romo escaped Watt on this play.

wattnomatch4romo.0.gif

By the way, I feel like if that had been two years ago and it was Ware come off the line that fast then he would have been flagged for offsides. Saw it so many times I'm really surprised they didn't do the same to Watt.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Two days later and I still can't believe Romo escaped Watt on this play.

wattnomatch4romo.0.gif

By the way, I feel like if that had been two years ago and it was Ware come off the line that fast then he would have been flagged for offsides. Saw it so many times I'm really surprised they didn't do the same to Watt.
Watt wasn't off side at all, timed that shit perfect, Romo juked Watts socks off.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Watt wasn't off side at all, timed that shit perfect, Romo juked Watts socks off.
Yeah but we've seen Ware do the same thing, and not be offsides, yet still get called for offsides. This is just me being a contrarian btw, that was damn good timing by Watt. There's a reason he's the best defender in the league by a country mile.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I don't understand how Romo even saw Watt .
I have a couple theories on this:

` Romo usually has his head up his ass so much he's developed some sort of ocular anus.
` He's very attuned to the musky scent of guys trying to get on dat ass.

Seriously though, great play by Romo, and I think he turns his head slightly to the left right before Watt gets there.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
as far as i understand the rule - you can tackle a guy by anything that hangs outside his helmet/equipment. Hair & ridiculous game jewelry included.
If you think about it, the rule kinda has to be this way otherwise it would be a viable strategy to grow your hair as long as possible to give a defender less area in which he can grab and tackle you. If it was a penalty to tackle by the hair every offensive player would have hair down to their ass.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Unconfirmed theory on Romo/Watt:

Offensive linemen are not mutes. I'm sure Smith said something along the lines of "Oh Shit", "Look Out", etc, thereby cluing Romo into the idea that Watt is coming.