NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
McNabb is just a Romo hater, since he ended his career.

Romo's worst season statistically was better than Cutler's best. I guess Cutler wins in the amount of time's he has bitched out of a game with vagina injuries instead of playing through it when his team needs him.
You don't think Mcnabb's Romo hate has anything to do with him being an Eagle nearly his entire career do you? He's just a homer.

Romo didn't end his career, lack of fucks to give ended his career.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Beating the Eagles back to back weeks to end the season and playoffs basically got McNabb traded to the Redskins, which effectively ended his career. But yeah the majority of his hate is from the rivalry - no one in their right mind would compare Romo and Cutler, the only thing they have in common is lack of a Superbowl win. Romo is better in almost every statistical category (TD/int ratio, YPA, passer rating, qbr, any/a, etc etc).

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Beating the Eagles back to back weeks to end the season and playoffs basically got McNabb traded to the Redskins, which effectively ended his career. But yeah the majority of his hate is from the rivalry - no one in their right mind would compare Romo and Cutler, the only thing they have in common is lack of a Superbowl win. Romo is better in almost every statistical category (TD/int ratio, YPA, passer rating, qbr, any/a, etc etc).
I'm pretty sure there were a plethora of other reasons as to why he was traded, the least of which was missing the playoffs because of the Cowboy's losses. Also he was comparing them based on the number of playoff wins each person had, which is 1 (as stated in the article).

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Romo is a regular season super star.
Sure, because his offensive line (and running game) and defense have been garbage for the almost the entirety of his career (O-line was good in 2007, Defense was good in 2009) - getting to the playoffs is team success and the Cowboys haven't had any. Their 8 wins in each of the last 3 seasons was almost entirely Romo/Dez/Witten pulling magic out of a hat on a weekly basis.

Look at how much better Romo and the team in general look this year with a dominant offensive line and running game.

I'm pretty sure there were a plethora of other reasons as to why he was traded, the least of which was missing the playoffs because of the Cowboy's losses. Also he was comparing them based on the number of playoff wins each person had, which is 1 (as stated in the article).
This isn't the first time McNabb has gone after Romo since hes been retired - the article itself mentions 1 playoff win, but McNabb's quotes talk about more than that. He's talking about throwing interceptions, not being clutch, etc.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sure, because his offensive line (and running game) and defense have been garbage for the almost the entirety of his career (O-line was good in 2007, Defense was good in 2009) - getting to the playoffs is team success and the Cowboys haven't had any. Their 8 wins in each of the last 3 seasons was almost entirely Romo/Dez/Witten pulling magic out of a hat on a weekly basis.

Look at how much better Romo and the team in general look this year with a dominant offensive line and running game.
Romo is a regular season super star.
Man0warr_sl said:
Look at how good Romo is this regular season!
... uhh

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Not sure what your point is, I'm not arguing that. It's hard to be anything but a "Regular season super star" when you rarely get the chance to play in the playoffs because your team as a whole stinks. Romo has dragged the last few Cowboy teams to 8-8 despite having historically bad defenses - even if those teams got to the playoffs out of a weak NFC East they were going to get raped, just like the Eagles and Redskins did.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh good, it's Romo discussion time again. At least the team is actually relevant for the first fucking time since this horseshit became a bi-weeklything.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
What else are we going to talk about, how shitty the Stillers are this year or about how I woke up half drunk on my couch to catch the last drive of the Jets and then laugh myself to sleep at the ending.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Oh good, it's Romo discussion time again. At least the team is actually relevant for the first fucking time since this horseshit became a bi-weeklything.
Are you ready to lose to the Texans in prime time this week?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What else are we going to talk about, how shitty the Stillers are this year
Yes.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Sad State of the Steelers

It's time to put Ol' Dicker out to pasture. And draft like 100 DBs. And a Nose Tackle.

Are you ready to lose to the Texans in prime time this week?
No way, Steelers got a system going this year.Win-Lose-Win-Lose-Win-Lose

It's an obvious win. Bet the house folks.

The thought of JJ vs. my team gives me a fear boner.

e4744e082440720a108e2ece68251d7e551b6940bb987ffa612b6ad2e560186d.jpg

Also a regular boner, the man is just a specimen and if you can't recognize that maybe YOU'RE gay!

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I wouldn't say it's ALL the defense's fault. He's a choke artist.

He has more opportunities to choke than pretty much every other QB because his defense has sucked so badly. If every week requires a comeback to win, you are going to fuck it up sometimes.

I believe he leads the league in 4th Quarter Comebacks since 2011 (with like 22?) and 4th Quarter Passer Rating (All-time) - that's almost EVERY win the Cowboys had in the 2011-2013 seasons - every week was a damn miracle comeback or a comeback and then a dream crushing defensive series to lose the game after Romo gave them the lead (or a crushing interception after his lineman trips him or he had a rusher in his face).

Oh good, it's Romo discussion time again. At least the team is actually relevant for the first fucking time since this horseshit became a bi-weekly thing.
Sorry bro - I usually ignore the obvious trolling but Romo being compared to Cutler is too much.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
He has more opportunities to choke than pretty much every other QB because his defense has sucked so badly. If every week requires a comeback to win, you are going to fuck it up sometimes.

I believe he leads the league in 4th Quarter Comebacks since 2011 (with like 22?) and 4th Quarter Passer Rating (All-time) - that's almost EVERY win the Cowboys had in the 2011-2013 seasons - every week was a damn miracle comeback or a comeback and then a dream crushing defensive series to lose the game after Romo gave them the lead (or a crushing interception after his lineman trips him or he had a rusher in his face).

Sorry bro - I usually ignore the obvious trolling but Romo being compared to Cutler is too much.
You know judging a quarterback off their ability to perform in the 4th quarter isn't really a metric that's conducive to a GOOD quarterback. Tony Romo is in such illustrious company of Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchezk, Josh Freeman, David Gerrard, and Chad Henne when it comes to the "comeback" metric. What makes a good QB is consistency, not the ability to play well in the last quarter of the game. If he wasn't shit for the first 3 he wouldn't have to perform a miraculous 4th quarter comeback to make his team win, or fumble on the goal line and then throw an INT in the next series to make them lose.

Tony Romo just isn't good when it actually matters, that's like buying a chick a vibrator that only works until they're about to orgasm and then explodes in their vagina.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Tony Romo just isn't good when it actually matters, that's like buying a chick a vibrator that only works until they're about to orgasm and then explodes in their vagina.
An excellent Romo analogy.

I would have preferred the ending where the vibrator just goes dead, instead of exploding. That's more Romo-like

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
An excellent Romo analogy.

I would have preferred the ending where the vibrator just goes dead, instead of exploding. That's more Romo-like
There's got to be some sort of negative reaction for all those times that Romo has thrown a game ending interception or fumbled in the redzone.

moontayle

Golden Squire
You know judging a quarterback off their ability to perform in the 4th quarter isn't really a metric that's conducive to a GOOD quarterback. Tony Romo is in such illustrious company of Alex Smith, Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchezk, Josh Freeman, David Gerrard, and Chad Henne when it comes to the "comeback" metric. What makes a good QB is consistency, not the ability to play well in the last quarter of the game. If he wasn't shit for the first 3 he wouldn't have to perform a miraculous 4th quarter comeback to make his team win, or fumble on the goal line and then throw an INT in the next series to make them lose.

So you're saying that Roger Staubach wasn't a good QB? Because he's the guy they literally nicknamed Captain Comeback.