NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Longer since the Bears won a SB.
At least the Bears were back in the Superbowl 20 years after winning one. The Cowboys seem like they are content going another 20 years without making it to the Super Bowl

Column_sl

shitlord
Did anyone watch that Eli manning interview about 10 min ago? Good lord, what is wrong with that guy. He went to Newman which is a pretty good high school, how the hell did he graduate, and end up like that.

You would think after awhile he might want to take some public speaking classes, or something to make him sound less like he has Down Syndrome..

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Did anyone watch that Eli manning interview about 10 min ago? Good lord, what is wrong with that guy. He went to Newman which is a pretty good high school, how the hell did he graduate, and end up like that.

You would think after awhile he might want to take some public speaking classes, or something to make him sound less like he has Down Syndrome..
He sounded considerably more retarded and unintelligible than usual. I think this is the year that Eli has hit Peak Retard.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
mlj9fruh0sjch8cbgkfr.png

kbzf9yldc9pdfpdphsuk.png

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
So Araysar started this thread 6 hours ago and has 24 posts about Jay Cutler already. What a surprise.

moontayle

Golden Squire
This is the bet that Burnem agreed to. So when Araysar loses he'll be wearing a Cutler avatar.
Don't worry. I have the perfect Cutler avatar for him to wear. Will get to it later, definitely NSFW so I'll have to wait until I'm home.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Yessssss...... cutler all day every day.

I believe Moontayle is also part of the bet.

Moontayle, I will give you the option between sexy Cutler and stoic Cutler.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Joe Flacco's contract just did more damage to the Bengals than he ever could. Well played Ravens.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Dalton gets a lot more shit than he deserves. Yeah he's been inconsistent and bad in the playoffs, but he's still very young and has room to grow. They've only had 1 QB that was as good as Dalton in the last 30+ years, and that was Carson Palmer for a couple seasons. Same deal with Stafford and the Lions. Makes a lot of sense to lock him up, and in a couple years as the salary cap goes up, the deal will probably start looking even better.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Any fan who thinks the deal is bad for the Bengals is a complete moron. Here is a pretty good post on the Bengals subreddit about the deal:

If you think $19 million is too much for Dalton, then you probably need to both watch more Dalton and look at the state of current starting QB contracts. You have to understand how contracts really work, especially when they are for 6 years.
Here is a list of all QB contracts:Over the Cap- Top NFL Contracts: Quarterback
Dalton's contract puts him at the same APY as Kaepernick, $19 million per year. So he's got the 6th or 7th biggest QB contract in the league. If you look down the list, you'll see that most of the contracts expire within the next 2 years. Most of those contracts, if extended, will likely be higher in APY than Dalton's. In 2 years, Dalton will likely be the 13th or 14th highest paid QB as the market equalizes. There's a never-ending growth for NFL contracts, so Dalton's will look less and less like a top 10 contract and more and more like a top 20 contract over the next 2 years.
Now, Dalton has certainly played pretty well, overall. The only thing he really needs to fix are his interceptions, and that exactly the kind of help that Hue brings to the table. He knows how to play smart football, and how to get the most out of his players. It's very likely that Dalton is going to have a career year this season, and if we hadn't signed him to this contract, he would have come back looking for an extra $1-$3 million APY. If we make a deep run into the playoffs, he could potentially demand even more than that. Signing him to this contract is a smart financial move for the team as well as Dalton. It also allows the front office to stop worrying about retaining a franchise QB and focus solely on getting Burfict and Green inked to long-term deals. This just un-muddies the water for them.
I'd glad to have the deal done, and I'm happy with how Dalton handled the questions about the deal in the weeks leading up to today. He's shown a LOT of growth as a leader and a QB since the Charger's playoff game. Beware, boys. We could make a huge splash this year.
Also the Bengals writer also tweeted saying the contract details are very cap friendly and will leave room for us to sign AJ Green and Burfict to long term contracts

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Any fan who thinks the deal is bad for the Bengals is a complete moron. Here is a pretty good post on the Bengals subreddit about the deal:
Except that link itself points out the much more relevant number, 11.4% - the percentage of Kaep's contract that is guaranteed. They can say Dalton's contract is very cap friendly, but I have an extremely hard time imagining it's 11.4% territory friendly.

Yeah, that ~$20 mil a year is the new average for a top third quarterback. The problem being there's virtually no sign Dalton is a top third quarterback (other than theteamstat of overall wins), unless Brees/P Manning/Brady all get real old real fast, and no newbies step up.

Disp_sl

shitlord
That's just the going rate for any top 15 QB.2014 NFL Top Average Salaries - Quarterback. Roethlisberger, Eli, Brady, and Rivers are towards the bottom end of top 15, and in the next year or two when it's time for a new contract, I'm sure they'll all get $18-$20 mil/season. Then add in the young players who will be there next year in Wilson, Luck, Newton, RG3 (probably), and the contract will be somewhere in the top 20-ish.

Of course a lot of it is going to depend on the structure of the contract.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Dalton's stats speak for themselves. People love to bring up these niche stats and obsessive analytics to show why Dalton is terrible but the numbers speak for themselves. Does he shit the bed in the playoffs? Yep. But he still gets us there. If he can just take that one extra step (and also protect the ball a bit more) he'll be a definitive franchise QB.

And Brown was also saying for months leading up to this signing how much he liked Kap's deal and was modelling Andy's contract after it