NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow. Bronco's don't need that shit. PR mistake.
I don't know, I think the guy realized if he doesn't want to be a broke piece of shit for the rest of his life he needs to clean up his act.

The funny part that no one seems to remember is that before the whole J.Martin thing went down he sexually assaulted some chick on a golf course during a charity golfing event. If the media started talking about that shit right now he'd be DONE LIKE A THANKSGIVING TURKEY.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Favre would have likely won the SB in his year with the Vikings (and set records the year prior with the Jets) if the Saints hadn't basically put out a hit on him. Warner went to two SBs on two different teams. I wouldn't rule out any skilled competitive guy at that position, especially someone who gives zero shits about the money like Brady.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
The problem is Favre, Kurt Warner, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning are good quarterbacks. Tom Brady isn't. The beginning of the year shows that pretty clearly. Anyone can throw touchdowns to Gronkowski, him being covered by d-ends and linebackers is probably the worst mismatch in football today. You sack Brady twice in a game and he turns into a little vegetable.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I agree that Brady is over rated by a lot of people, but your crazy if he would not be an instant improvement over what 3/4ths of the league are currently starting.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
If I were a QB I would go the Mark Burnell route and ride the pine until I was 45 and make some bank.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Favre would have likely won the SB in his year with the Vikings (and set records the year prior with the Jets) if the Saints hadn't basically put out a hit on him. Warner went to two SBs on two different teams. I wouldn't rule out any skilled competitive guy at that position, especially someone who gives zero shits about the money like Brady.
That was one of the weirdest games I've ever watched. Vikings dominated that game, but couldn't hold onto the ball. It is still the biggest statistical advantage for a losing team in a playoff game in the history of the NFL. 31 first downs to 15, 475 yards to 257 in favor of the Vikings. Their 5 turnovers are what beat themselves in the end.

Also one of the dirtiest games I've ever seen played, the Saints hit Farve on almost every running play, the NFL even had to come out and apologize to the Vikings for missing multiple personal foul calls during that game. It was also the game that changed the NFL overtime rules, and the game that triggered bounty gate.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I don't know, I think the guy realized if he doesn't want to be a broke piece of shit for the rest of his life he needs to clean up his act.

The funny part that no one seems to remember is that before the whole J.Martin thing went down he sexually assaulted some chick on a golf course during a charity golfing event. If the media started talking about that shit right now he'd be DONE LIKE A THANKSGIVING TURKEY.
Riche Incognito did nothing wrong. Martin was a faggot and a bad friend.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
@Fennin-
I followed the Vikes that year, since I am a major Favre nut rider. A lot of it was AP going all pouty because he was not the center of attention when Favre was there. Really, if Peterson had not put the ball on the fucking ground any of the four times he did in that game then he would have a ring right now. ITs one of several reasons I think the guy is a major asshole and that Sweetness was both the most talented and classiest running back in the history of the league. Peterson sits behind Sweetness, Sanders, and Jim Brown, as far as I am concerned, even before his nut cracking fetish came out.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, no one will want a 40 year old quarterback to play. Especially one with serious injury like that Peyton guy. They are terrible performers.
You said 5-6 years. Putting him at 42-43 years old. Manning is currently 38. You think he'll still be around in 4 years? Hell, 2 years?

Warner was 38 in his last season (37 in his last Super Bowl performance, same as Manning).
Favre was 41.
Montana was 38.

I could see Brady and Manning making it to 40. After that though, I'd be shocked if either one is still in the league.

http://www.profootballhof.com/histor...over_club.aspx

Looking at that list, almost none of those people were actually playing QB at that age (Blanda was a kicker, Moon threw like 3 passes over 2 seasons, Flutie threw for about 100 passes in 5 seasons). Basically old man Farve was the only one starting at QB after age 40, ever.

Fennin

@Fennin-
I followed the Vikes that year, since I am a major Favre nut rider. A lot of it was AP going all pouty because he was not the center of attention when Favre was there. Really, if Peterson had not put the ball on the fucking ground any of the four times he did in that game then he would have a ring right now. ITs one of several reasons I think the guy is a major asshole and that Sweetness was both the most talented and classiest running back in the history of the league. Peterson sits behind Sweetness, Sanders, and Jim Brown, as far as I am concerned, even before his nut cracking fetish came out.
I can't recall anything you are talking about happening between Peterson and the Vikings. Peterson has stated Favre is one of his favorite players to play with, and he had 314 carries that year. He fumbled twice in the NFC championship game, but didn't lose one fumble. Harvin, Favre, and Berrian all lost fumbles that game. And Favre threw 2 interceptions.

Adrian Peterson has never complained publicly to my knowledge about not getting enough carries, in NFL circles he is known as one of the most selfless superstars in the game.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
@fennin-
I am sure he said that, but there is no doubt his numbers were in the shitter that year. Can't remember Harvin's fumble, but I knoe Favre's picks came late after AP let NO back into the game. Neither were excusable, but Favre ws getting deliberately killed out there and the refs ignored it because of Katrina pity, in my opinion.

Fennin

@fennin-
I am sure he said that, but there is no doubt his numbers were in the shitter that year. Can't remember Harvin's fumble, but I knoe Favre's picks came late after AP let NO back into the game. Neither were excusable, but Favre ws getting deliberately killed out there and the refs ignored it because of Katrina pity, in my opinion.
You must be talking about the play where Favre failed to get the ball into Peterson's arms at the goal line and they lost that fumble early in the game. Peterson wasn't directly responsible for a single fumble lost that game, he had 25 carries, 122 yards, and 3 TD's in that game. The fumbles by the wide receivers, and the illegal hits on Favre are what played a role in that loss. Really had nothing to do with Adrian Peterson, as he played a good game.

Peterson also had 1,383 yards that season, sharing 90+ carries with Chester Taylor that year.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
He put it on the ground three times in that game. and while 1300 is good, it is frankly down markedly from what he has done before or since. Childress should have sat AP down and ran Taylor only after the second fumble, really.