radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Tom Brady, the GOAT. lol

IaSJ0es.png
That Andrew Luck rape face.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not too bad, considering that Joe Cool (and really Rapelesthberger) both started when you could beat the shit out of receivers. One thing all of these guys have in common, other than Luck, is that they had decent defenses backing them up early on in their career.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not too bad, considering that Joe Cool (and really Rapelesthberger) both started when you could beat the shit out of receivers. One thing all of these guys have in common, other than Luck, is that they had decent defenses backing them up early on in their career.
It's sad that the 2000's are now seen as "DB's could actually play." When the 30 for 30 on Sean Taylor came out a few weeks ago, I saw a lot of people talking about how he would've been fined almost every week for his hits if he played now. That's depressing.

I wish I could have grown up when defenses actually could manhandle receivers. Not sure when the rule changes came out that really neutered them. The 70's? 80's?

I wish I could have grown up when defenses actually could manhandle receivers. Not sure when the rule changes came out that really neutered them. The 70's? 80's?
1994 there was one massive change

"If the receiver attempts to evade the defender, the defender cannot chuck him or extend an arm(s) to cut off or hook him, causing contact that impedes and restricts the receiver as the play develops."

You know AFTER Jerry Rice won 2 superbowls... in 88 & 89

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
If Tony Romo played back before the rule changes, would he still be considered an elite QB?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't realize it was as late as the 90's. I was only 10 at that point though, so that's why I don't remember anything before then. Really my only recollection comes from NFL Films.

I feel like you didnt see clotheslines in the 90s though, before that rule i quoted.

Unsure when the clothesline rule went in, i guess thats not necessarily a "passing game" kind of rule change though.

Moreso a tackling rule

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like you didnt see clotheslines in the 90s though, before that rule i quoted.

Unsure when the clothesline rule went in, i guess thats not necessarily a "passing game" kind of rule change though.

Moreso a tackling rule
That's one where I need to refer back to NFL Films. Dick "Night Train" Lane is the reason for that one, I believe. He was done in the 1960's though.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for chatting a little while about one of the many crushing Vikings losses dudes. We can go back to the Cowboys now.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Can you feel it, bills just hit strip clubs. Evidently they have a buffet.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
So, raiders going to pull an 08 Detroit and lose all their games or will they eek out a win this year?

Remaining games:

Chargers
Chiefs
Rams
49'rs
Chiefs
Bills
Broncos