NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rogers played like crap but his receivers really helped inflate that, if you watched the game you saw the receivers dropping balls left and right. I think GB is still the top dog in the NFC, seahawks look scary but if they dont secure home field I cant see them making it to the NFCC. Lions really have a good shot at making it to the big game which is crazy, probably best shot they've had
No one is taking the Lions seriously, except maybe Lions homers. And Seattle pretty much is a lock if they get home field, which they will at this point in all likelihood. The way the refs call the games and the piped in crowd noise in that venue makes their D virtually unstoppable, now that they have their full D back. Of all the NFC hopefuls for the playoffs, the Cowboys are the only team to win there, but they would have to defend their own house first to even get to that point (which is something they suck at). Without home field, Packers are one and done, mostly because Rodgers cannot audible effectively in opposing crowd noise. I think a Seahawks vs Pats SB is all but inevitable at this point.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Ryan Lindley confirmed starting QB for the Cards on Sunday. Game is going to be turrible.

It's too bad all the Kurt Warner talk is a whole bunch of nothing (he basically said on local radio Friday there was no chance in hell). It would be an epic troll to announce Lindley as QB and then have a surprise Warner take the field right before kickoff.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Murray had hand surgery today - looks like he'll be out at least a game. Not a good time with Indy's dog shit run defense coming to town and a desperate need to win.
They haven't said he would miss the game yet - pretty minor surgery and if they can make a glove to protect it from further injury while still allowing him to carry the football then he will play.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
No one is taking the Lions seriously, except maybe Lions homers. And Seattle pretty much is a lock if they get home field, which they will at this point in all likelihood. The way the refs call the games and the piped in crowd noise in that venue makes their D virtually unstoppable, now that they have their full D back. Of all the NFC hopefuls for the playoffs, the Cowboys are the only team to win there, but they would have to defend their own house first to even get to that point (which is something they suck at). Without home field, Packers are one and done, mostly because Rodgers cannot audible effectively in opposing crowd noise. I think a Seahawks vs Pats SB is all but inevitable at this point.
You shut your mouth! It's going to be a Chargers vs Lions Super Bowl.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think with home field lions have a better shot at making it over the cards, cowboys, and eagles or who ever makes it in the south. too bad panthers or saints are going to take a spot over a team like eagles, packers ect

moontayle

Golden Squire
Murrey's the bellcow but Randle has taken good advantage of his opportunities so if Murrey has to sit out then the drop off might not be as steep as some people think. I mean, dude has a YPC average of 7.

More concerning is the injuries to Free and Martin, which we haven't heard much on yet.

Eagles have to turn around and play on Saturday. I know it's against Washington, but that team is anything if not unpredictable. Maybe Haslett can dial up the all out blitzes and shake Sanchez enough to get him to the win the game for them.

sebur

Bronze Squire
They haven't said he would miss the game yet - pretty minor surgery and if they can make a glove to protect it from further injury while still allowing him to carry the football then he will play.
It isn't just about carrying the football though. Being able to put his fucked up hand up to stiff arm or protect himself when the ball is in the other hand, blocking, pass catching etc. From a pure just holding the ball standpoint I am sure he would be fine but there is certainly more to it. I think Cowboys lose without him, but I don't like them anyway so I kinda don't care.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell are so good that Ben Roethlisberger has a chance of throwing for 5000 yards and even passing up Luck. Ben Roethlisberger in his 10th season who has broken 4000 three times ever.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
one thing for the patriots defense, whatever they have done for adjustments at halftime SEEM to be working.

since the bye week:

2nd half. -
indy- 10 points
detroit - 3pts
green bay 3 pts
san diego - 0pts
miami 0 pts

5 games 16pts given up in the 2nd half is pretty damn awesome imo.
excluding indy and it's 6 points in 4 games after halftime.(8 quarters)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
one thing for the patriots defense, whatever they have done for adjustments at halftime SEEM to be working.
That's pretty much been Belicheck's calling card all along. No other staff makes adjustments like them, it's a huge advantage. Along with the team specific match ups they exploit like no other.

Also they probably get a lot of really good illegal footage at halftime that helps.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd buy that for a dollar.
It'd probably be the most satisfying Super Bowl in a decade. Two team that have never won it. Possibility of players like Megatron, Riversface, and Antonio Gates getting a championship. The drama of San Diego possibly getting rid of their team and simultaneously getting to the SB. The shithole of a city that is Detroit getting there. Plus it'd be oh so sweet for them to get in with Brady, Manning, Romo, and Rodgers all sitting at home (not that I necessarily dislike any of them).

We need to will it to happen.