NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was talking about firing Philbin before but I think there's a real legit chance that Miami brings in Rex Ryan as a DC this year if he's willing to downgrade his position. Jim Schwartz did the same thing and is doing amazing in Buffalo. How fucking hilarious would it be to have Rex Ryan at the Dolphins, yes please.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Based almost entirely on his "Clutch-weighted expected points added on penalties".
Clutch weighted expected points added on penalties is something you can't just teach. You either have it or you don't!

This has something to do with our patented play of "chuck it 50+ yards and hope Torrey gets a PI flag", I'm sure.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was talking about firing Philbin before but I think there's a real legit chance that Miami brings in Rex Ryan as a DC this year if he's willing to downgrade his position. Jim Schwartz did the same thing and is doing amazing in Buffalo. How fucking hilarious would it be to have Rex Ryan at the Dolphins, yes please.
I don't know if anyone knows for sure, but I really don't forsee Rex being willing to go back to DC. The market for him as a HC would have to be absolutely empty and you know at least the Raiders would take him. Maybe if it was only the Redskins, I don't see him taking that job.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It is going to be interesting this off season. In my mind, there could be upwards of a dozen teams looking to land new HC this year. With all those options, only a couple would look promising (as opposed to just taking it in the ass for a couple million for a season or two before being tossed back to assistant status) for someone looking to build something. But I think odds are better of Rex taking Coughlin's current post than becoming a D Coordinator someplace. The Jets issues are not really his fault, although he could have done more to develop the QB position. The front office fucked him pretty hard.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Rex is a great DC he just isn't a very good head coach. As for Philbin, that franchise is going to take more than a handful of years and mediocre talent to pull themselves up out of the dumpster. IMO, he is doing a fine job with what he has to work with and given the scandal last year and losing 2 OL men plus the drama I think they did quite well this year.

Rex as the DC for Miami and Philbin as HC would be interesting to see how it works. I don't see it happening as Rex will likely get another chance to fail in yet another sub par franchise before he accepts a demotion.

The only way I'd get rid of Philbin is if Harbaugh was looking to relocate to FL.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
On Boston talk radio today, they were saying that Philbin does the offensive play calling, so I could see someone like Rex coming in, but jesus is his play calling fucking terrible. 3rd and 6 in the first quarter against the Pats and you run? Holy fuck.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Rex goes to coach Chicago and brings his brother along with him.
HAHA that would be fucking awesome, as in awesome to watch that train wreck. A awesome defensive minded head coach with a brother DC who can't coach for shit, does that mean Rob could get away with knocking out the OC?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
On Boston talk radio today, they were saying that Philbin does the offensive play calling, so I could see someone like Rex coming in, but jesus is his play calling fucking terrible. 3rd and 6 in the first quarter against the Pats and you run? Holy fuck.
Yeah ... He was the OC at GB so he assumes he knows what he's doing but the guy is a fucking moron. He needs to hand the reigns over to Lazor and let him take complete control of the offense. He was passing on 1st and 10 when were averaging 6 yards and passing 15 yard patterns on 3-long. It's some of the most predictable shitty play calling that I've ever seen. Realistically though I'm thinking if Miami can't get Harbaugh we're going to be stuck with Philbin for at least one more year and when we start the season 0-5 he gets fired mid-season.

Coughlin is almost guaranteed to come back.A chance Tom Coughlin returns | New York Post

Rex, if he's smart, would go be a DC for a year or two and let everyone forget about the absolute fucking shitfest that was the Jets the past couple years.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Is it a foregone conclusion at this point that Coughlin is retiring or getting fired? I didn't really know the status on that.
I think his leeway credit for winning 2 SB is almost out. Except for the last SB win they've missed 5 of the last 6 postseasons (or 4 of 5, one of the two). They may keep him around to try and get another year with Eli in the new Offense but thoughts are 50/50 among most talking heads. There's a pretty consistent level of failure going on, and one really good season only gets you so far.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I do love Jerry built that fucking stadium and cowboys cant win for shit there
Their Home/Away record this season is largely because:

1) 5 of the 7 teams they have beat on the road were average or worse teams (Other 2 being Seattle and Philly)
2) Their home losses were against when Romo was out/playing injured on short rest (or in case of San Fran week 1, he still wasn't ready for the season).

No correlation there - if you make the games Romo was out and Weeden was playing on the Road and switch them with 2 bad teams at Home their Road/Home splits don't look that bad.