NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
If we end up with the first pick you're gonna have to tell me all about this Mariota fellow jooka. I've literally seen like four games in his career. Whisenhunt probably won't take him because he's not 6'7 and immobile, but still.

If we end up with the first pick you're gonna have to tell me all about this Mariota fellow jooka. I've literally seen like four games in his career. Whisenhunt probably won't take him because he's not 6'7 and immobile, but still.
Good mobility run first type. Accuracy and arm strength are questionable. Basically your standard issue mobile colleges qb who probably won't translate well to the pro game. Great character guy though. Honestly this year's first round QBs are probably the worst prospects in the last half decade.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Mariota isn't some ordinary kid, he might not even head to the draft next year.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I'mma have to ask Genjiro how he reconciles rooting for a rapist if we end up with Jameis. God I hate the idea of that.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Immediate success? Yeah, winning the NFC West at 7-9..LOOKOUT. Then getting beat by a Catler led Bears? Then they finished 3rd in the division in 2011 at 7-9. Very successful. In 2012, they barely got through an RG3 led Redskins, then promptly lost to the Falcons.

So, yeah, like I was saying, you're one of the typical NFL fans who has no memory beyond what happened the last 2 seasons.
Getting to the playoffs is a succes.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
We did it boys!

Now just need to lose out, have Tampa win one, and then have this happen:
Will Peyton Manning retire? QB linked as potential owner of NFL team - CBSSports.com

And all will be well.
Peyton is rich but I don't think he's anywhere near "NFL Owner" rich is he?

I can't believe they made Jacksonville vs. Tennessee a night game. That has to be almost the worst matchup they could have put in prime time. I consider myself a fairly serious football fan and I can't name a single player on either team. When I think of Tennessee I still think of Steve McNair.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I assume he would be a minority investor. He isn't going to buy the team out right or anything.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Peyton is rich but I don't think he's anywhere near "NFL Owner" rich is he?

I can't believe they made Jacksonville vs. Tennessee a night game. That has to be almost the worst matchup they could have put in prime time. I consider myself a fairly serious football fan and I can't name a single player on either team. When I think of Tennessee I still think of Steve McNair.
Did you watch the game? It was pretty good

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I'm not a Manning fan but that commercial he does for Nationwide is really catchy.

Maybe he will go in with Brady and Giselle. She can buy and sell those chumps!

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
If TB12, Peyton, and Giselle bought a football team together... they would have the most stylish jerseys in the league.

Edit: and wear Ugg boot cleats.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I assume he would be a minority investor. He isn't going to buy the team out right or anything.
The article I read recently made it sound like he wants a chance for an ownership stake (yes, obviously can't buy a team outright) and some involvement with the team as an executive much like Elway is doing.