NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Xevy

Log Wizard
Josh Gordon suspended last game of season for violating team policy. What an idiot. Dude you can smoke infinity weed in like 4 years, just make the money first.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
he missed a practice.

Hope the Eagles try and trade for him. We will take him!

Most likely the Pats will get him and Brady to Gordon will be like Brady to Moss

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Big thing about Gordon is he could lose an accrued year of service in the NFL if he's not paid for 6 games in a season, causing him to wait another year for free agency. Remains to be seen if that will be an issue or not.

Apparently Rex Ryan is all set to go. Already cleaned out his office.
I doubt Ryan will be unemployed for very long. Read that the GM is getting canned, too. At this point it's painfully obvious that Rex had Geno Smith forced on him and maybe there's hope for the Jets if the owner holds the GM accountable for that particular failure. I'd be pretty fucking pumped if the Redskins hired him as DC, but I dunno how much manhood is involved in NFL coaching jobs. Guessing lots, and Ryan going to work for Jay Gruden would be an experience mismatch.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Unless all he cares about is money, I can't see him taking that (HC) job. The situation is just as bad in Washington as it is in Jetsville.

I could see Rex going to Oakland though. Don't know why really.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Unless all he cares about is money, I can't see him taking that (HC) job. The situation is just as bad in Washington as it is in Jetsville.

I could see Rex going to Oakland though. Don't know why really.
Oakland isn't a bad job IMO, which they haven't been able to say in a long time. They've got a QB and a lot of good pieces, need a decent coach and to fill some holes and they'll be contending for that division.

It's a better gig than some of these others with QB issues, that's for sure.

If he doesn't have HC offers I think he'll make bank for a season as a broadcaster/analyst or something.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rex would just fit as a Raiders coach. They've supposedly had a lot of pieces and a more supportive front office in the wake of Al's death for a few years now...yet the cursed nature of the team goes on. Not sure why that is, but for the moment it doesn't really sound better than Jets/Skins. Dolphins and Bears seem more like teams on the cusp of competing to me.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Why do retards keep posting like Rex is going to be a head coach, it's a fucking quarterback league, and Rex has shown numerous times now he can not develop quarterbacks or coach any offensive schemes. Go back to the '80's.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Why do retards keep posting like Rex is going to be a head coach, it's a fucking quarterback league, and Rex has shown numerous times now he can not develop quarterbacks or coach any offensive schemes. Go back to the '80's.
It's totally Rex's fault that Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith are shitty

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Apparently Harbaugh has a press conference scheduled for Tuesday in..Ann Arbor. I'm pretty shocked, honestly. The closest thing to this that I can recall is Bobby Petrino quitting on the Falcons to coach Arkansas, but even that example really doesn't fit this scenario.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Apparently Harbaugh has a press conference scheduled for Tuesday in..Ann Arbor. I'm pretty shocked, honestly. The closest thing to this that I can recall is Bobby Petrino quitting on the Falcons to coach Arkansas, but even that example really doesn't fit this scenario.
I don't know why you're surprised. He won a shitload of game but constantly had to fight with the front office. His schtick is much better suited to college and his alma-mater paying him way over market is a seemingly good fit. He's got literally one team in that conference to even worry about if he recruits at a high level. Why not go do that when the alternative is going to some team that can't win unless they fluke into a franchise QB, ala every franchise in the NFL.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gordon and JFF were definitely getting high and fucking bitches.

Browns suspend WR Gordon and fine Manziel9

Both Gordon and rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel were absent from the Browns' walk-through Saturday morning, and the team had trouble locating them, a source close to the team told ESPN's Pat McManamon.

Gordon also was late getting onto the practice field Friday and emerged from the team's facility for the outdoor workout wearing teammate Travis Benjamin's jersey.