NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
5e3512212527875ad2cf018d9cfdbebe.gif

Doesn't count because it wasn't a "big game" or something

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well all three of those teams have shown that they can hang with better clubs for a quarter or so or even a whole game at times. Jax and Oak have to manage a win at some point most likely.

moontayle

Golden Squire
If anyone saw this coming then they're lying their ass off. I'm a homer through and through but I'm also realistic and at most I expected another middling 8-8 season. The game against SF didn't exactly sway from that line of thinking either.

But here we are 5 weeks later and all these games that they would have lost the last three years, they've been winning. And not because of some fluke, though there's been some escapes, but because they're genuinely handling their business and doing whatever they can to win. Feels good man.

It took nearly four years but Garrett finally has the team playing the way he wants them to.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It took nearly four years but Garrett finally has the team playing the way he wants them to.
I don't think it has anything to do with Garrett. It has everything to do with the O-line and Rod Marinelli. The rest of the pieces are who they are and are playing like they have played the last 4 years.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looking at their schedule, Dallas basically has two real tests left this season (assuming they keep their focus). The Philly games will likely decide the division, though the Eagles have looked more erratic and I think they might drop more games down the stretch. If they actually put away the Eagles, it would mean beating a strong team that wasn't so high on the smell of its own farts that it overlooked them (hi2u Seahawks), which would be a big step forward. The other test is when they lock up the division (I figure week 14ish), do they regress. Romo has not had the greatest history of staying focused during the playoffs. Having said all that (and despite disliking the Cowboys), I think Dallas looks like the team to beat in the NFC right now.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was working during the day yesterday and then tuned in about halftime of the Sunday night abortion and decided to watch Homeland instead so I didn't hear about the glorious Seattle game until this morning. Since the Cowboys and Eagles only losses are to the 49ers I think that pretty much makes us mathematically the best team in the NFC (except for the Cardinals who have been cursed by God so they don't count). If the Cowboys beat Seattle again in the playoffs and then Tony Romo had another 3 INT meltdown in the NFC Championship vs. the 49ers I'm pretty sure I could just die happy then and there, but now I'm just daydreaming.

Anyway, I hope everyone that was sucking Russell Wilson's dick last weekend has now remembered that he was playing the damn Redskins.

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't think it has anything to do with Garrett. It has everything to do with the O-line and Rod Marinelli. The rest of the pieces are who they are and are playing like they have played the last 4 years.
Sure it does. Who do you think it was that wanted to spend high draft picks on the o-line? Garrett has had a heavy influence in who the Cowboys have been drafting and which free agents they bring in. Getting Rolando McClain in the offseason from Baltimore is a huge steal for the Cowboys. Garrett's connection with Nick Saban is a big reason why it happened.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm starting to think that O-line and the pass rushers should be the highest paid players on the team.

I'm starting to think that O-line and the pass rushers should be the highest paid players on the team.
theyre important but they really dont have to be super stars. O line specifically. plus their value is subjective to the type of QB they protect. Bradys O line is the most important O line in the league because he can't scramble or even move outside the pocket.