NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I love how the comments here lead towards the locker room accepting him and shit.

It's a fucking football team full of adults and that's the shit that everyone wonders about, if other adults are able to accept the dude because he likes to take a dick in the ass rather than put it in some chick's ass.

Fucking shameful.
Yeah, it would be nice to think people could be grown up about it, but I'm not holding out hope.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
It's strange, I like to think I'm pretty liberal and I'm for gay rights (human rights), but seeing two dudes kissing still makes me uncomfortable. I realize that it's probably a generational thing, and it's my hang up, but it's there. I certainly don't have any ill will towards MSam, and I hope he gets a good shot. Two first names not withstanding.

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The expectations for him are going to be unrealistic. He is a 7th rounder, making the team will be an accomplishment.
He made a statement to that effect, saying that he was grateful for the opportunity and now knows he needs to make the team.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's strange, I like to think I'm pretty liberal and I'm for gay rights (human rights), but seeing two dudes kissing still makes me uncomfortable. I realize that it's probably a generational thing, and it's my hang up, but it's there. I certainly don't have any ill will towards MSam, and I hope he gets a good shot. Two first names not withstanding.
shitty vid quality but when I read this I thought of this Bill Burr skit.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone else thinks he announced he is gay only to get his name out into the news cycle and raise his draft profile?

Was he even a serious draft prospect before the gay announcement?
He was SEC defensive player of the year. Of course he was a legit draft prospect.

Tenks

How do you feel about Sterling then? Dude should have some form of punishment. When you're on a sports team you speak for that team when you're on twitter.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah the punishment makes sense. Could certainly have been worse. Could have been Tannehill or Wallace or someone more prominent.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah the punishment makes sense. Could certainly have been worse. Could have been Tannehill or Wallace or someone more prominent.
Just being the Dolphins and all the harassment issues they've already had to deal with means they're not going to put up with any of this shit.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dolphins fine, suspend Don Jones from offseason program | ProFootballTalk

Kinda back and forth about this. I don't like his comments but to get fined for expressing your own views is kinda shitty as well.
free_speech.png

I think they saw the warning signs from Wallace and shut his dumbass early on. A while back he made a post on twitter something like "I don't understand why a man would want a man when there's women SMH". Obviously it was in American Inventorese and not English, don't remember the exact quote.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
The expectations for him are going to be unrealistic. He is a 7th rounder, making the team will be an accomplishment.
There is a good chance he makes the team.

Andrew Siciliano ?@AndrewSiciliano 2h
From @nflnetwork research re: Michael Sam- 34 of 48 (70.8%) 2013 7th round picks were on a roster, IR, or practice squad Week 1 of 2013.

Tenks

There is a good chance he makes the team.

Andrew Siciliano ?@AndrewSiciliano 2h
From @nflnetwork research re: Michael Sam- 34 of 48 (70.8%) 2013 7th round picks were on a roster, IR, or practice squad Week 1 of 2013.
He's walking into an already strong defensive line, though. I can't comment on the Ram's depth at the position but they have some very good starters.

moontayle

Golden Squire
The real question is "Did Jerry think about drafting Sam?" The answer is, "No." Because they didn't see him fitting into their scheme.

In other useless news, the Browns released Vince Young... which basically means he's done for in the NFL because when the Browns don't want your services, there's no hope left.