NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
This is the same franchise that fired Bill Belichick in 1996

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I can't believe the Browns fired Chud. How did that franchise get even more dysfunctional?
The Browns brought in Mike Lombardi as effective, then actual, GMafterChudzinski was hired. This is less egregious than, say, Lovie Smith.

Tea_sl

shitlord
Naw, Lombardi is gonna want a champion who studied under the best. He's gonna want Josh McDaniels.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Naw, Lombardi is gonna want a champion who studied under the best. He's gonna want Josh McDaniels.
Given how incestuous the Patriots/Chiefs/Browns management has been, and how likely no one else would hire him, McDaniels is an entirely plausible candidate there.

Edit:
Yay 4 1/2 months of talk about whether the Rams should take Clowney or trade their pick.
With the Jaguars at 3, Browns at 4, Raiders at 5 (though I would bet it gets traded away), and Vikings at 8 before the Rams pick again, it's either Clowney or one of the big name QBs, not both.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Seriously doubt the Rams are looking at a QB in the first round. Like it or not they've got a ton of cap tied up in Bradford still and think he is the man going forward.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Like it or not they've got a ton of cap tied up in Bradford still and think he is the man going forward.
It's $17.6 Mil cap hit if they keep him, only $7.2 Mil if they get rid of him. $10.4 Million savings is nothing to sneeze at, when the cap is essentially flat again.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Bears Off-season Plan:

1. Fire entire D coaching staff
2. Decline to re-sign any veteran on D
3. ??????
4. Hello Monsters of the Midway

But this is George Halas's daughter we're talking about here so I'm sure everybody will be signed on the cheap and nothing will change.