NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Meh, he's a rookie that is approximately 2 days into his pro career. He knows 0% of their offense and playbook. Of course he's going to be the worst(for now)

I wouldn't worry unless the same thing is being said in August.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Yeah, I know. My feeling is the Browns are 'motivating' Johnny to stayed engaged in the learning process.

By the way, I'm ignorant (no secret there): Why is Manziel's moniker 'JFF'... is that Johnny Fuckin' Football?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems...strange. You don't draft a QB in the first to be 3rd string. 2nd string, sure, if you're the type who feels like a QB needs to sit for a few years (Rodgers). But then, that's generally if you have a competent QB as your starter, and I don't know that the Browns meet that criteria. I guess joeboo is right though and that this may just be through training camp.

In the end though, it's the Browns. Manziel could be an amazing QB and he'll probably have a terrible career just because he ended up there.

Edit: Holy fuck, thank you for asking that. I tried googling JFF during the college football season and I couldn't find what it stood for. I assumed it was that as well, but that seems strange since people in media refer to him as JFF too. And "fucking" as your nickname doesn't really seem appropriate.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I always assume the middle initial is "Fucking" because I've seen people refer to Peyton Manning as PFM too.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
#TBT
TANNEHILL BRO THURSDAY

jccBMGU.jpg

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Aldon Smith pleads no contest to weapons, DUI charges | ProFootballTalk

looks like Goodell can clear Smith now. what a fucking loser. Guess which one I am talking about.
So can our local board lawyers weigh in here and let us know how this effects his sentencing? Does this mean he is more likely to get a lenient sentence? Or would it be the other way around and they will give him a harsher penalty. Was this simply a way for him to get past any legal battle and just move on to the sentencing so he can get on with his life?

I'm just not really sure what his new plea means in the long run

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
By the way, I'm ignorant (no secret there): Why is Manziel's moniker 'JFF'... is that Johnny Fuckin' Football?
That is it, but the story behind of it is actually kind of funny.

Kids in his high school started referring to him as "Johnny Fucking Football" as a form of making fun of him, I guess he was the biggest douchebag around and most people hated his pompous, stuck-up attitude that he acted like he was gods gift to football, so everyone jokingly referred to him as JFF, and he hated it. Then when he gets to Texas A&M, some fans find out that he was called JFF in high school(not knowing why) and they start referring to him sincerely with that nickname. He hated it at first, but once he got famous he just ran with it.

Disp_sl

shitlord
So can our local board lawyers weigh in here and let us know how this effects his sentencing? Does this mean he is more likely to get a lenient sentence? Or would it be the other way around and they will give him a harsher penalty. Was this simply a way for him to get past any legal battle and just move on to the sentencing so he can get on with his life?

I've been reading that it probably means the judge agreed to reduce the charges, potentially to misdemeanors.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

I'm just as curious honestly. My thought is he will pay a 'big' fine with probation. Goodell wants to do jack and shit about it but will be forced to.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm just as curious honestly. My thought is he will pay a 'big' fine with probation. Goodell wants to do jack and shit about it but will be forced to.
Sounds like Goodell. "12 felonies in 3 years? Just promise not to do it again, ok?"

"Oh this Colts player tested positive for birth control? BAN HIM!"

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That is it, but the story behind of it is actually kind of funny.

Kids in his high school started referring to him as "Johnny Fucking Football" as a form of making fun of him,I guess he was the biggest douchebag around and most people hated his pompous, stuck-up attitude that he acted like he was gods gift to football, so everyone jokingly referred to him as JFF, and he hated it. Then when he gets to Texas A&M, some fans find out that he was called JFF in high school(not knowing why) and they start referring to him sincerely with that nickname. He hated it at first, but once he got famous he just ran with it.
Was?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds like Goodell. "12 felonies in 3 years? Just promise not to do it again, ok?"

"Oh this Colts player tested positive for birth control? BAN HIM!"
Felonies don't give you an unfair advantage in the NFL. Performing enhancing drugs do, "birth control" was used to mask the existence of PEDs.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Felonies don't give you an unfair advantage in the NFL. Performing enhancing drugs do, "birth control" was used to mask the existence of PEDs.
Or we could just quit pretending that it's genetically possible to be 250 pounds at 10 percent body fat and able to run a 4.4 40. Seriously, I'd bemoresurprised if you told me everyone in the NFL wasn't on something than I would if you said they all were.

What side do you guys fall on w/ the renaming?

I personally think they should be renamed. Just call them the Warriors or something

Washington Warriors

Disp_sl

shitlord
It sucks that they're eventually going to be forced to cave on changing their name because of all the political pressure and bad press. What a fucking joke. Everybody getting their feelings hurt just because someone told them they should be offended. Not because they actually were offended.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
How the fuck do you know that it doesn't offend Native Americans? What are you the fucking Native American whisperer that gains the general consensus of the Native American hive mind? The name's offensive, it's a fucking football team name, just change the shit already.