NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fuck yeah, Bengals haven't lost a Super Bowl since 1988. One of the greatest teams in history.

Browns restart the rebuilding process every year. Hopefully the win 6 or less games this year so the shit cycle continues.

Disp_sl

shitlord
I hate Kaep with a passion and think he's mediocre at best and the weakest link on the team
A qb with 29 career starts who has 51 TD's and 16 interceptions in the toughest defensive division in the league and he's "mediocre at best and the weakest link on the team". Only on rerolled.org do you get such expert analysis.

Does he have weaknesses and need to improve in certain areas? Absolutely. Is he mediocre? Not a chance. Take your 49ers hate off for a second and try to actually have a rational thought for once.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
God Cleveland is a tire fire.
I read some yahoo contributor article (I know, right?) this morning about how the Browns are in love with Johnny Football, but the writer concluded that Tim Tebow was a better fit.

I don't even.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You really think 3000 passing yards is good in today's nfl? His TD/int and running are why he's mediocre and not "bad". If he didn't have one of the best defenses in the league he wouldn't even be starting.

49ers are definitely my most hated team, but I don't take that into account when considering their actual ability.

Disp_sl

shitlord
You really think 3000 passing yards is good in today's nfl? His TD/int and running are why he's mediocre and not "bad". If he didn't have one of the best defenses in the league he wouldn't even be starting.

49ers are definitely my most hated team, but I don't take that into account when considering their actual ability.
So because the 49ers offensive coordinator calls a higher percentage of run plays to better control the tempo of the game, that's a knock on the quarterback? He's top 5 in the league in yards per attempt since taking over as starter.

Are you intentionally stupid or is this an accident?

Gravy

Bronze Squire
We're trying to talk about the Browns being a GODDAMN TIRE FIRE. Quit derailing with teams nobody cares about.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You guys are really saying Kaep's elite? I'm clearly the crazy one here.

Romo had 600-700 more yards, 10 more td to only 2 more int while throwing a higher comp(64% to 59%) while playing in less games. With all that you hear nothing but Romo sucks, so what does that make Kaep? Kaepernick has also choked away 100% of his team's seasons, so he's leading in that category at least

Disp_sl

shitlord
You're a real piece of work. How did you get "Kaepernick is elite" from me saying he's not "mediocre at best"? If he continues to improve he has a chance to be elite, but he's not there yet. He's a good quarterback who is young and still learning to be a pocket passer.

It's just ironic hearing a Cowboys fan bag on a quarterback because the offense relied on its' running game to control the ball and clock. If I remember correct, that's precisely what kept the Cowboys out of the playoffs; rather than controlling the clock with their running game against Green Bay they kissed away a 4 score halftime lead by keeping the ball in their 4,000 yard passer's hands.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You'd be completely wrong again. As shitty as that playcalling was, the game was irrelevant for getting into the playoffs. Now if you switched the Dallas D with the 49ers D, does Dallas lose a single game last season?

Throw a temper tantrum because I called Kaepernick mediocre, but that's what he is and pretty much the kindest assessment you're going to hear around here from someone without a 49ers avatar

Disp_sl

shitlord
Don't be so emotional and over-reactive. I'm not throwing a temper tantrum. I'm just pointing out that you're an idiot, and that's definitely the kindest assessment you're going to get around here even from someone with a Dallas avatar.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Anyways, before the 49ers Butthurt Brigade showed up we were talking about Cleveland making a playoff run with Tebow.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Anyways, before the 49ers Butthurt Brigade showed up we were talking about Cleveland making a playoff run with Tebow.
I mean, he's just about as good as Kaepernutz, if the Browns can up their defense a bit we can start calling them the AFC's SF?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It amazes me the amount of arguing there is over Kaepernick. He is, at this point in his career, a total question mark. He has had some flashes of brilliance, and some absolutely horrible moments. The amount of praise and pressure heaped on him after he did so well once he took over was ridiculous, and there was very little chance he could live up to those expectations. There is no way anyone, outside of maybe the 49ers organization, that is going to claim he is a great QB at this point in time. Could he potentially be great? Maybe, we won't know for a bit still. I think there is a very real chance he ends up being a subpar QB that only hangs around due to his athletic ability.

I would still call him better than mediocre, and that is only because of his ability to run the ball and keep drives going that way. If you want to base it totally on his passing ability, mediocre at best is an absolutely fair assessment. I find it funny how passionate people are about the guy one way or the other.

Being a 49er fan I hope that he becomes great. But the reality is that I have zero faith in him right now as the guy to lead the 49ers to the Super Bowl.