NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any Eagles fans here? Why the hell is your team apparently dying to get rid of DeSean Jackson, even if it means releasing him for nothing?

I thought the diva shit stopped when he got paid a few years ago.
Bro is a huge Eagles fan. They are not happy at all with the recent pictures coming to light, of him flashing Crip gang signs. (He was apparently flashing gang signs during games last season as well.) Also, Chip Kelly is a run first guy, and wants his receivers to at least pretend they are interested in run blocking.

No Eagle fan wants him gone, but that Crips stuff alone will punch his ticket out of town.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Have to agree with Agenor. I love the Eagles and would hate to see him go because he is talented, but he did pull a major disappearing act 2 years ago (can't remember if he was hurt or not but I do remember him generally not giving a shit with the rest of the team in Big Andy's last year), and that offense has enough talent floating around in it to make up for him leaving. Maclin getting back on the field will be huge for them this year, Riley Cooper proved he can catch passes from someone other than Tebow, they added Sproles, Lesean McCoy was the league rushing champion last year (and is also no slouch catching passes out of the backfield), and while I never really felt in my heart that Nick Foles was the answer, he is decent enough to make shit happen.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Not sure whats up with DeSean, not only is he getting shopped but no one is taking either. Must be more to the story we aren't hearing about.
Probably 2 things: Teams know the Eagles might release him and his salary cap hit

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Guess who is the leading suitor of CJ according to the local beat guy in Nashville? Denver.....

Titans want a 4th and no one has offered more than 7th apparently.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's not a bad receiver, and he's got a year and a half before he hits that magical 30 year-old RB wall. I would not be against giving up a 5th rounder for him if I was Denver. You're already mortgaging the future to win a title this season, might as well give Peyton another potentially dangerous weapon. Otherwise you're relying on who? Montee Ball and Ronnie Hillman or whoever you can draft? For a one or two year lease it's not crazy.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whoever you can draft seems like a pretty viable RB plan these days if your line is good.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually like the extra access in the offseason. My complaints about the NFL are that the game is being dumbed down and that the refs/league have entirely too much influence on games.

But even if they finally do push me away (which is possible, since I'm already at the point of barely caring), there are a dozen new fans to take my place who like the changes.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I won't stop watching the Vikings, but I can't watch any random game like I used to. There are probably many reasons for that.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Mark Cuban predicts NFL implosion in 10 years

He's right. This while NFL 24/7 thing is getting out of hand.
That's nonsense. The NFL will never reach the level of blah that basketball and baseball do because they don't play 500 fucking games a week. I can't see how anyone could be remotely interested in either sport until the playoffs because the games just don't matter. I can't imagine that the players can even be bothered to show up for preseason baseball, let alone any fans.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who cares, its not like he's there to be a starter.

Eagles Add Veteran Fuckup | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

oLTc8wM.jpg