NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
What is annoying me is all of the pick plays going on. I knew when I saw the Pats doing it repeatedly on the season opener that this was going to be this years version of abusing substitution rules enforcement, but fuck every god damn team in the league is running blatant pick plays at least 2-3 times a game now.
The ones the Pats were running were pretty tame. I hate the Pats and I don't think it was bad. And all the Pats ones were with in 3-4 yards of the line of scrimmage. On Monday nights game the Chargers ran one where Allen fucking cross body blocked Cockrell and both guys went flying in the air. Shit was like 10 yards down field. It was terrible.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure if this was posted already but Colin Sackorpick responded to criticism by his college coach.

Apparently Ault said his mechanics were bad and he was dropping his elbow. Keapernick said "Mechanics are -- I'm not huge on them."

l o fucking l.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if this was posted already but Colin Sackorpick responded to criticism by his college coach.

Apparently Ault said his mechanics were bad and he was dropping his elbow. Keapernick said "Mechanics are -- I'm not huge on them."

l o fucking l.
Truly the QB San Francisco deserves.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
He wants to be successful- he SHOULD work on em. brady goes yearly to that campus to tweak his motion/footwork/etc

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
not really they've been platooning like 7 guys in and out all year, there has not been a "set" line at all each lineman- except center- has been basically playing ~half the time

Column_sl

shitlord
If the pats go undefeated again only to be beat by the giants who squeaked into the playoffs i'm going to laugh my ass off.

Mmm not enough being talked about this. Losing a left tackle is huge.
Nate Solder is a hot topic in Boston. I think he's extremely overrated, but the other side not only thinks he's good but maybe the best LT Brady's ever had.

I say, fuck 'em. next man up.... just like BB's done for about 16 years now.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Nate Solder is a hot topic in Boston. I think he's extremely overrated, but the other side not only thinks he's good but maybe the best LT Brady's ever had.

I say, fuck 'em. next man up.... just like BB's done for about 16 years now.
Solder couldn't stop Hardy, a guy who hadn't played a meaningful snap of football in over a year.

Next man up is great if you've got the depth. Patriots have mastered the ability to get one or two stars and then 40+ role-players though so it usually works for them.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Next man up sounds great with linebackers and the secondary or the D line or even skill positions and guards sometimes. When its your LT its probably a bit more concerning.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Next man up sounds great with linebackers and the secondary or the D line or even skill positions and guards sometimes. When its your LT its probably a bit more concerning.
Solder went out in the 2nd quarter. Next man already stepped up in the 2nd half against the Comboys.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Solder went out in the 2nd quarter. Next man already stepped up in the 2nd half against the Comboys.
They also started running a lot of plays specifically designed to go away from Hardy and gave the LT more help in keeping him in check.

Getting Gregory back is going to be huge for that line.

Now they just need the Offense to get back on track.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
So glad Solder's gone. Cam Wake made him his absolute bitch last year when we played them, now Cam Wake gets to go against his backup. Going to be the easiest 20 dollars I've ever made.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

l o fucking l.
To be fair, his game goes to shit when he tries to be a pocket quarterback and he plays his best when he's just being athletic in a simple offense. Obviously there's a pretty short window that you can do that and he is going to be a backup somewhere in a few years, but several people have really tried to turn him into a pocket passer and all it does is destroy his game. He's the new Micheal Vick, minus the jail time hopefully.

I was thinking about the 49ers first 5 games and aside from the first game they haven't put together a complete performance on both sides of the ball.

Week 1 Vikings - Offense was rolling, Defense was solid - Win
Week 2 Pittsburg - Roethlisberger averages 40 yards per attempt on 3rd down, offense is uninspiring but moves the ball efficiently in the 2nd half - Blowout loss
Week 3 Arizona - Kaepernick/offense is a total shit show, defense is too - Blowout loss
Week 4 Green Bay - Offense is a shit show again, defense plays well - 14 point loss
Week 5 NY Giants - Defense is a shit show, Offense plays well - 3 point loss

The good news is that they have shown that they *can* be effective on both sides of the ball, just not on the same night so far. Luckily the Ravens suck and they are the best chance at a win we've had all year. The bad news is that they are probably saying the same thing about us.