NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Column_sl

shitlord
Barring a complete collapse by either of those teams, I just don't see them winning the division which is their only real shot at making it into the postseason.
Still up for grabs, none of those teams are playing well. Philly barely eaked out that win last night. I seriously doubt Romo will come in and just win everything tho without the Defense stepping up.

Dallas has just been plagued by injuries this year.... Jimmy's curse continues.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It's easier for the defense to play well if the teams offense can stay on the field resting them. Cassel did way better than the previous 5 games they played but its a problem for them right now.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's pretty obvious that just having Romo in would be a huge difference. I will say that aside from the pick 6, Cassel did some decent things last night and gave you guys a chance to win. He just never got the ball in OT. Not saying he would have marched straight down the field, but yesterday wasn't one of those offense is going to do nothing games without Romo.

Cowboys issue is they're chasing 2 teams now (they'll have Romo back for both games against Skins so likely control their own destiny there...plus we're the Skins). Philly is 2 games up on them with a split head to head, and the Giants are basically 2.5 games ahead also with a split head to head. Giants schedule is actually pretty tough down the stretch, but the Eagles have 3 fairly easy games in a row coming up. They could easily be 6-5 or even 7-4 by the end of this month.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think Cassel gave them a solid chance to win last night. To be fair to Dallas that was the best I have seen the Eagles offense play this year which really isn't saying a lot.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Welcome to the Blaine Gabbert era in San Francisco. 10-6 here we come!

moontayle

Golden Squire
Defense should have been primed to stop some shit. Dallas held the ball for 38 minutes in regulation. You really can't get more rested than that. Once Philly got going on a drive though, they just couldn't contain. Sixth week in a row they've played a team with a suspect O-line and couldn't get home. Sean Lee's brain is gonna be applesauce before too long. I don't see him having too many more years at this rate.

The lack of turnovers being generated is downright disturbing. And every time one seems to happen it's overturned.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
still cant believe Talibs stupidity. Broncos may very well have playoff seeding ramifications almost exclusively due to his actions.
While it was a stupid thing to do, they were losing that game anyways. Colts were going to shave another 45 seconds off the clock. Denver's offense wasn't going to march the field in under a minute. The only way his actions effect anything is if he gets suspended which I doubt happens.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Welcome to the Blaine Gabbert era in San Francisco. 10-6 here we come!
I will say this about Gabbert, he looked way more comfortable in the pocket than Kaep has, granted that was against Atlanta's "vaunted" pass rush. About the only egregious throw Gabbert made was the 2nd INT, outside of that I thought he looked pretty decent. Throws seemed crisp, decisive and mostly on target. His WR's were doing him no favors (nor have they been that great for Kaep either) and I think the Niners could have got another score on the board if not for the dropsies.

Still requires the defense playing out of their minds in order to get a W, but still, I was I guess pleasantly surprised by Gabbert's performance.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Agreed opiate. I said much the same thing about Gabbert in the pocket. He was way more comfortable in there, and could move around easier without looking like he was immediately running for his life the way Kaep does.

I don't think it is any sort of long term solution, and I really hope they start him in Seattle in a couple weeks. Will be curious to see how he handles that pressure.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
All they needed is their defense to hold opponents to a league-leading 16 points every week and they'd have a winning record right now.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
To be fair, with Kaepernick the defense had to hold opposing teams to less than three points to win games.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
still cant believe Talibs stupidity
It was pretty scumbag thing to do

poke.0.gif

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
BOLDEN and white have to step up now

after lewis went out, imo bolden (white was inactive) did a decent job taking lewis's place but i agree, sucks, lewis was on a pace to be a comeback player of the year candidate.
checked the stats:
lewis was 4 carries for 14 yards- 4 catches for 39 yds bolden 1carry for 12 yards, 3 catches for 27 yards - almost equal

BOLDEN and white have to step up now

after lewis went out, imo bolden (white was inactive) did a decent job taking lewis's place but i agree, sucks, lewis was on a pace to be a comeback player of the year candidate.
checked the stats:
lewis was 4 carries for 14 yards- 4 catches for 39 yds bolden 1carry for 12 yards, 3 catches for 27 yards - almost equal
Did you notice one of Boldens first touches was catching an identical TD pass that Lewis missed? Bodes well.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Dion Lewis was showing something special this season with his elusiveness. I hope he recovers well and we can enjoy him again next season.
Bolden stepped up nicely but let's see if he (and White) confirm over the next few games.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
yep i did, well lewis's catch WAS looking back into the sun but still, he should have caught it.

the one catch that game that tossed me for a loop was the bomb to lafell, just because he stopped and just STOOD there before he caught it cleanly, i was like wtf where was the coverage for that.

noticed during the game that they stated that the average time from snap to release for brady this year is 2.1 seconds(fastest in the league). (and the next play was the bomb to lafell)

they also said that tom barely does any weight training its all pliability and flexibility stuff now- that according to brady, in practice his forearm would be sore after throwing 70+ times in practice, since he changed to this style of fitness, that no longer happens.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Grabbed a few Cowboys predictions from when Romo went down just for fun

27 vs Falcons 1:00 PM LOSS
10/4 @ Saints 8:30 PM WIN
10/11 vs Patriots 4:25 PM LOSS
10/25 @ Giants 4:25 PM WIN
11/1 vs Seahawks 4:25 PM WIN
11/8 vs Eagles 8:30 PM WIN
11/15 @ Buccaneers 1:00 PM WIN
11/22 @ Dolphins 1:00 PM WIN
11/26 vs Panthers 4:30 PM LOSS

my homer predictions are 8-3 at the end of that. I feel we probably should lose 1 or 2 more, but some of those teams are so bad that I think they'll lose it to us.
We have 7 games until Romo is expected back. Realistically, I see 4-3 or 3-4 during that stretch.
I think that is a realistic expectation. The only game that is a toss up, in my mind, is the Falcons next week. And really, 6-3 with 4ish division wins is not a bad place to be in week nine, especially in the NFCLeast.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I will say this about Gabbert, he looked way more comfortable in the pocket than Kaep has, granted that was against Atlanta's "vaunted" pass rush. About the only egregious throw Gabbert made was the 2nd INT, outside of that I thought he looked pretty decent. Throws seemed crisp, decisive and mostly on target. His WR's were doing him no favors (nor have they been that great for Kaep either) and I think the Niners could have got another score on the board if not for the dropsies.

Still requires the defense playing out of their minds in order to get a W, but still, I was I guess pleasantly surprised by Gabbert's performance.
I agree. I don't think Kaepernick would have gotten that W the way he has been playing the last few games. I was pleasantly surprised as well but even more impressed with some of the "who?" players on defense that were making plays, especially the corner Cromartie. This team definitely seems to play better at home though, especially on defense so I'm not holding out much hope for the Seattle game. After Seattle and Arizona the schedule eases up quite a bit so we will probably finish just well enough to avoid a top 10 draft pick.