NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Giants job seems like a pretty primo opening for someone really. I think they are expected to promote from within though.
The Giants' coaching position is a coveted spot. At one point in time, Jerome Bettis was quoted as saying that Bill Cowher would unretire for that job. He said Cowher hasn't come back to the NFL because he was waiting for Coughlin to leave.http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.458101

We'll see if that still holds true, it's been awhile.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Cowher and Gruden are two thrown about names who really won't ever come back to coaching and I don't blame them. Who knows though, but I wouldn't expect it based on a five year old statement. He's still relatively young so its possible.

Supposedly Sean Payton also interested but that involves the Giants giving up a second rounder to get him from the Saints.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They both probably make just as much if not more doing their media gigs. I wouldn't leave that shit for the high pressure world of head coaching.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Yeah the giants gig is a good job. I could see some of the big names looking to return interested. What has been open of late? IIRC it's been mostly shit coaching jobs at teams with little chance to do a damn thing. Teams with serious personal issues. Not sure I'd want to leave my cushy announcer job for that head banging against the wall shit.

Now coming back for the Giants isn't a bad deal. Eli still has some good years left. You have a good shell in place, the players to make something happen and a loyal fan base.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Yeah the giants gig is a good job. I could see some of the big names looking to return interested. What has been open of late? IIRC it's been mostly shit coaching jobs at teams with little chance to do a damn thing. Teams with serious personal issues. Not sure I'd want to leave my cushy announcer job for that head banging against the wall shit. Not going to do anything for your legacy to go down with a sinking / sunk ship like San Fran or Miami.

Now coming back for the Giants isn't a bad deal. Eli still has some good years left. You have a good set of players to make something happen and a loyal fan base.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They both probably make just as much if not more doing their media gigs. I wouldn't leave that shit for the high pressure world of head coaching.
Holy shit, ESPN apparently gave Gruden $6.5 mil? That's a rumor from a link I saw from this year, but yeah he has zero reason to consider a return to coaching if he makes that much. Doesn't seem as easy to find Cowher's salary number, but Gruden's was at least $4m per year already and supposedly he's the highest paid anchor at the network now. Top end NFL HC's make seven or eight, and there's not many in that realm. Four is much more common.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
That's insane. He does the QB camp stuff prior to the draft, some draft coverage, 22 or so games a year and has zero footprint for their online content. It's not like people are tuning in for Gruden and to be blunt he's average as the color guy at best. From a pure cost perspective he's not bringing in viewers yet they cut guys who could generate content (TV, print, radio, online, etc). You could put a hot chick in the MNF color role and get more viewers.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Holy shit, ESPN apparently gave Gruden $6.5 mil? That's a rumor from a link I saw from this year, but yeah he has zero reason to consider a return to coaching if he makes that much. Doesn't seem as easy to find Cowher's salary number, but Gruden's was at least $4m per year already and supposedly he's the highest paid anchor at the network now. Top end NFL HC's make seven or eight, and there's not many in that realm. Four is much more common.
If that's legit I'd have to think Cowher makes less since he's just part of the studio panel and Gruden actually does a game every week. Still a hell of a lot of money.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's insane. He does the QB camp stuff prior to the draft, some draft coverage, 22 or so games a year and has zero footprint for their online content.It's not like people are tuning in for Grudenand to be blunt he's average as the color guy at best. From a pure cost perspective he's not bringing in viewers yet they cut guys who could generate content (TV, print, radio, online, etc). You could put a hot chick in the MNF color role and get more viewers.
You speak for yourself.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I hope the Chargers at least fire Telesco and their strength and conditioning coaches. The current regimen of leeching does not seem to be working.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Yeah, Chucky ain't going anywhere. Can't imagine Cowher doing it either. Cushy desk job where you only work maybe half the year for a seven figure salary? You'd have to really love coaching to give that up, even for a bump in pay (depending on the size of the bump).

Giants job looks prime but they need some work to fix quite a few holes. At the least they need O-line work, someone to pair with Beckham, and I don't even know on defense. Manning the younger is going into the season next year aged 35 and they've got three years before they have to pay Beckham. As long as they don't make the mistake of thinking they're one or two pieces away they should be okay. But it's easy to get this sort of thing wrong (getting a HC) and I could easily see whomever they hire being tied to Manning without having the opportunity to move past him.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Rumor is the Chargers OC is out. If he is responsible for this shitty conservative play calling ill be happy. I have a feeling that is more of the McCoy style though.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oakland got some picks for Chucky moving to TB didn't they? Or was that a trade...
Two first rounders and two seconds!!!

Jets got a first, fourth and seventh out of NE in return for Belichick breaking his contract and also sent them a fifth and their seventh.

Parcells was involved in a trade with picks too, apparently first second third and fourth to the Pats when he went from NE to the Jets. Apparently this thing often involves NE and the Jets...

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saturday's gonna suck. I'm glad alcohol is a thing.
Stop with the loser talk. This is the year you win a playoff game! Granted you'll probably get sent home in devastating fashion from the divisional round, but I believe in the jungle this weekend!!! WHO WE? Or whatever it is. Lets get some shitty chili spaghetti.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, Eli never shows emotion, but he looks like he's holding back crying with Tom Coughlin leaving, in interviews today.