NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
A brief history of Vontaze Burfict for anyone that was unfamiliar with him before tonight:

Here he is in HS, trying to take out Matt Barkleys knees when BOTH of them where committed to USC

In college:

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's why he scared everyone away from him in the draft. Talented as hell, but even more dirty than talented.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_122528.jpg

Xevy

Log Wizard
Thanks for giving Peyton Manning the cleanest route possible to the Super Bowl, Bengals. You've been real champs.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Manning was still leading the league in ints 5 weeks after he got hurt.

Idk bout all that

I had to check my facts and yea, Peypey still finished 1 behind Bortles for the league lead in ints without playing the final 7 games~

Then again, Pittsburgh got Tebow'd in Denver last time this happened so who knows which team will show up.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Manning was still leading the league in ints 5 weeks after he got hurt.

Idk bout all that

I had to check my facts and yea, Peypey still finished 1 behind Bortles for the league lead in ints without playing the final 7 games~

Then again, Pittsburgh got Tebow'd in Denver last time this happened so who knows which team will show up.
Antonio Brown: Concussed, gone via protocol I suspect
Big Ben: Gone due to injury or playing while injured poorly
Running Backs: They were doing pretty decent, but I don't think they've got carry-mode in them.

Peyton needs to throw 200 yards and less than two interceptions and they should be able to win. Bronco's D and run game will get them where they need to go. Peyton just needs to help where he can and not fuck it all up.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not gonna disagree they would be favored especially at home, but really? Manning hasnt played in almost 2 months and Pittsburgh has done a pretty good job historically against him. When he was playing last, he was one of the worst QBs in the league.

As is the tale with pretty much every NFL game, turnovers will tell the tale just like it did tonight.

And you're crazy, if Ben made back into this game on the final drive he will be ready to go next week...he played pretty well that last drive too. Lost in that were his clutch throws as he has done most of his career.

Steelers do have pretty good 2nd and 3rd receivers to throw the ball to. We shall see

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Thanks for giving Peyton Manning the cleanest route possible to the Super Bowl, Bengals. You've been real champs.
Here, here! At least they did something right lol.

Edit: To be honest here, I would much rather have seen a non-injured Ben and Brown than have to worry about hearing they were missing their best receiver and blah blah blah. That way win or lose, it is on the team and not on missing/hurt players.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
To be honest here, I would much rather have seen a non-injured Ben and Brown than have to worry about hearing they were missing their best receiver and blah blah blah. That way win or lose, it is on the team and not on missing/hurt players.
Who gives a fuck? Just win.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That win was one to soak up and is kind of bittersweet.

Winning was great and bouncing the Bungles was great, but after tonight it was like seeing an artist creating their finest work that they can never top. I doubt I will ever see a worse Bungling in my life I think, this one will be one for the history books in how to Bungle. Maybe they will prove me wrong but I fear even with a bright future with plenty of the Red Rocket games slated for primetime..... we will never see its equal.

Gotta savor this one boys.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But who knows? 2005 we beat Cincy and Denver both on the road to win the SB.
Hey those are the same two teams! And there's where the similarities end.

That win was one to soak up and is kind of bittersweet.

Winning was great and bouncing the Bungles was great, but after tonight it was like seeing an artist creating their finest work that they can never top. I doubt I will ever see a worse Bungling in my life I think, this one will be one for the history books in how to Bungle. Maybe they will prove me wrong but I fear even with a bright future with plenty of the Red Rocket games slated for primetime..... we will never see its equal.

Gotta savor this one boys.
Shit, it might actually mean the end of the Marvin Lewis era, who knows.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey those are the same two teams! And there's where the similarities end.
Well my point was it was just as far fetched then they would win a SB. They were the first team to win a SB and have to play every playoff game on the road iirc.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't see Marvin Lewis going anywhere. He didn't get outcoached. He's put together a pretty damn good team. The Michael Johnson to the Buccs shows me the Bungles are doing something right considering they get him back and he has his best year whereas he straight sucked at the Buccs. "Usually" Lewis keeps buttfucker Burfict and the rest of the inmates in line enough to do well. Cinci really hasn't had a good QB since Palmer.

I'm real curious to see how the Pats play. Belichik can gameplan like a mofo so I never count them out.

Hopefully today's games are better.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy fuckin rare spawn. Many are the days I wished we could jettison Azeth and just have Cathan back, so much more tolerable in comparison.

Edit: Well shit I missed the real respawn post in the offseason thread. Meh.